Save Priscilla!!!

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#50Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:10pm

As usual, people on this board are very extreme on their likes and dislikes haha

I wouldn't go as far as Darreyl102 and say I loved the show, but I had a good time on both performances I saw (one right after they opened on Broadway, and the other a couple of weeks ago here in Brazil).
I don't usually go for shows like this since jukebox musicals are not really my thing, so I wasn't expecting a groundbreaking theater experience. I had 2 friends going with me and it ended up being a fun night out. The second time I went mostly because I like a lot of the actors doing the show over here.

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Dollypop
#51Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:20pm

"Jordan Catalano has Verve"??????

Too funny!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Dollypop
#52Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 7:49pm

Has anyone checked in to read that petition lately? There are a whole bunch of fake names, but also Bette Midler has logged in with her two cents. With all the pseudonyms, it's possible that the Midler posting is also a hoax.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#53Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 7:54pm

That is not her.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#54Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 7:55pm

Dollypop.. I can't believe some of the names you are using. Vaginal creme?

Dollypop
#55Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 8:04pm

Don't start blaming me for names. There's a new poster here who goes by the name "Patty O'Furniture"

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#56Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 8:05pm

Oh I am not blaming. I am admiring. Keep up the good work DP. Save Priscilla!!!

Dollypop
#57Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 9:59pm

Sorry to disappoint, DAME. 'Twasn't me.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#58Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 11:01pm

Cosidering Bette's name is spelled incorrectly is a pretty good hint it's not her.

They are up to 134 signatures. Woot, I can see the producers calling a VIP meeting now to discuss.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dollypop
#59Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 11:30pm

Of those 134 names, how many of them are genuine? It's a solid bet that Vaginal Creme and Crystal Waters are a frauds. How about the others?

Updated On: 5/31/12 at 11:30 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#60Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 3:03am

Is Nick Adams the one who had his Manhunt photos leaked or was that some other Broadway adonis?

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#61Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 4:42am

Good riddance, Pris...

..pre-recorded tracks and all.

Let's hire some MUSICIANS now, shall we? Broadway MUSICALS need them, kindasorta.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#62Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 5:24am

I realize that DP -- but even WITH the fake names -- that's all they've got.

Proving the point: not worth saving.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#63Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 10:01am

When I saw PRISCILLA there was a band/orchestra in the pit. Did they use pre-recorded music? I assumed so, until I saw the folks in the pit.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

Dollypop
#64Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 10:40am

Mama,

I think I'm trying to question why any person would post an on-line petition, KNOWING that he's setting himself up for all sorts of pranks and insults. Would anyone in the business take such a petition seriously? Whoever posted under Better Midler's name makes a valid point: there are serious financial concerns about moving a show from one theater to another and this Casteel guy thinks his solution can be done "simply".

The quality of the show isn't the point here; it's the arrogance of someone who thinks he can tell theater professionals what they should be doing.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#65Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 10:50am

I didn't realize they used pre-recorded tracks either. I saw it in previews and as much as I wanted to like it, I didn't. I saw Priscilla and Catch Me if You Can on the same day, and was disappointed with both unfortunately.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Bwaydide92
#66Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 2:07pm

A lot of Broadway shows use a mixture of pre-recorded and live music. They are obligated by contract to have a certain amount of musicians in the pit, depending on which theatre they're in. They also often use synthesizers. There was a big debate when the recent revival of WSS let go of some of their musicians and replaced them with a synthesizer. Productions can also petition to use a smaller amount of musicians if it is pertinent to the artistic integrity of the show. American Idiot was granted this because the music called for only a few musicians.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#67Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 2:14pm

And the combination works for Priscilla. IT IS A DISCO SHOW! Really.. the only one that was really taking the bitching to another level was that Seth Rudestsky. She was actually getting really annoying and irritating about it on her show.

felix5
#68Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 3:50pm

LET IT GO!

RIP

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#69Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 4:00pm

Remember that something had to close for Priscilla to even open on Broadway. Something that fans probably wanted to stay.

Every show on Broadway will close on their own one sweet day.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#70Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 6/2/12 at 2:13am

DAME, I thought that Seth Rudestky was always annoying and irritating.