pixeltracker

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24- Page 2

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#25GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 12:24pm

It's astounding that anyone could get so overwrought about anything to do with Godspell, the Teletubbies Jesus Musical.

FindingNamo
#26GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 1:28pm

I've been called worse than childish, obnoxious and completely unprofessional -- you'll need bigger sticks and stones to break my bones, sonny boy.

Wait. You're like 19 and a half, right?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
#27GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 1:48pm

How about whiny, uninformed and stupid? Anyone ever call you that?

Raise your own money. The rights are out there for the right price. Stop expecting Ken or anyone else to pay for your vision.

And shut up.

Updated On: 6/13/12 at 01:48 PM

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#28GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 2:19pm

^ Honey, didn't you read, or are your eyes just blind to everything I have to say? Don't worry, I'll quote it for you again, emphasis mine:

You could still rectify the error now by granting us the rights for the one company at the Apollo. Me and my associates will capitalize totally, you get 50%. One company, no grand rights.

And as you well know, it's not June 24 yet. Ken still has a hold. As the rights representative at MTI told us:

All applications we get for GODSPELL who are within 100 mile radius of New York are forwarded to the Broadway Company for approval and their answer varies pending on application.

To quote a little-known Sondheim lyric, "Sad to say, there's no escaping / All the bowing, all the scraping..." (Whoever can identify the source gets a cookie.)

As for Namo, I didn't forget you, baby:

Wait. You're like 19 and a half, right?

21, but good on you for having math skills! I'm sure your mum must be so proud.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

PlayItAgain
#29GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 2:24pm

^ Again, let it go. Your not doing yourself any favors by throwing a fit on here like you have for the last 9 months.

ChildrenwillListen
#30GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 2:37pm

That's a shame. It was such a fun afternoon of theatre. I enjoyed it very much and I am glad I could see it, especially with Hunter

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#31GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 2:40pm

^ Again, let it go. Your not doing yourself any favors by throwing a fit on here like you have for the last 9 months.

I'm sorry you lost money in the show. Now stop being so butt-hurt that someone wants to fix the brand.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

ZoeTheGoat Profile Photo
ZoeTheGoat
#32GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 2:50pm

and scene!

Smoke bomb!

FindingNamo
#33GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:02pm

You gotta love a 21 year old calling somebody "sonny boy" and then invoking the dead mother of a poster 29 years his senior.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#34GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:11pm

Namo - He's obviously hurt for someone not having selected his unit. Can't say that's ever happened to me, but the realization you may have an undesirable unit could certainly make one disgruntled. I would assume.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

jimmycurry01
#35GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:12pm

gvendo2005 I really doubt your show would have done that much better. This is Godspell we are talking about. It is a cute show that gets put on all the time all across the country. No tourist is going to pay top dollar to go see something they can see probably four times a year and travel less than 30 minutes from home to see it. That is why this production was doomed, that is why yours would likely not succeed on Broadway either.

It is a good thing no one knows your real identity, because after all the whining and crying you have done about this here, I don't think any producer would want to do business with you if they knew this is how you act.

FindingNamo
#36GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:13pm

I do love the pre-fab image the whole discussion creates. Say the word and a fabled Harlem production of Godspell will assemble itself like a Transformer out of a bunch of crates we have in our storage facility.

Prepare ye the way!

junkyard
#37GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:35pm

Gvendo or 'babe' or 'hon' or whatever you like to be called.....aren't you that college kid from Rhode Island, who is living in his own world of theatre fascination? Whatever turns you on kid. Just have fun, how's you pending Broadway production coming along?

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#38GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 3:41pm

Luke, I also loved the production and don't understand all the hate.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#39GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 4:28pm

It's astounding that anyone could get so overwrought about anything to do with Godspell, the Teletubbies Jesus Musical.

Oh my word, I've never been able to express why I dislike Godspell so fervently before, but, yes, you're right, it's basically Christianity distilled through the Children's Television Workshop. Consider your Godspell description stolen, hunty!

Rainbowhigh23
#40GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 4:40pm

When I was 5 my father took me to see both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar in the movies. JCS scared the bejesus out of me but I loved the music; Godspell I found boring and made me want to sit through JCS again but with my eyes closed. I feel bad that people will be out of work due to the closing, though. Glad they had a good run and a lot of people got to enjoy it.

Updated On: 6/13/12 at 04:40 PM

Gothampc
#41GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 4:44pm

Time to sell my stock in Glitter Guns.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#42GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 4:50pm

The cast were very talented but I have never been a fan of Godspell, or JCS.I never walk out in intermission but both of these shows I found painful. Hated them. I disliked JCS more. It was so loud and Las Vegas. I was worried my ears would bleed.

FindingNamo
#43GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 4:53pm

When you say "never" do you mean any production ever in any medium and when you talk about the shows being painful are you speaking specifically about the current revivals?

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#44GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:04pm

No tourist is going to pay top dollar to go see something they can see probably four times a year and travel less than 30 minutes from home to see it. That is why this production was doomed, that is why yours would likely not succeed on Broadway either.

Any production is doomed unless they give people a reason to see it. Harlem worked because, up until that time, it was the only all-black production of Godspell in the show's history. I can't say the "X factor" that makes people buy tickets would be much different (first all-black production of Godspell ever to play Broadway), but people would buy tickets for the novelty, as, historically, they have.

You gotta love a 21 year old calling somebody "sonny boy" and then invoking the dead mother of a poster 29 years his senior.

As you will soon see, snowflake, I'm like the recently departed Gregory House, M.D.: if you don't like my bedside manner, find another doctor. Your loss.

FindingNamo
#45GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:13pm

I'm not intimately familiar with that television program, but something tells me you're more of a Doogie Howser cum The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#46GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:22pm

Two things:

1. Neil Patrick Harris came on Don Knotts?? Video, please.

and

2. I will be using this at all future auditions as my (melo)dramatic monologue:

"Come on, hon. Think about this. They don't want to compete with a good production of Godspell, do they?

Speaking of making good for Godspell, Ken baby, I know you're reading. I want to say I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, my condolences, and that I wish you luck on your next Broadway venture.

Also, because I don't like to resist the opportunity to draw anyone's ire (much less Namo's), call us. We want the rights, which by the way, right now, are worth nothing, to a company at the Apollo. You made a tragic mistake not selecting my unit. We had the vastly superior production and you should have chosen us. You would have won for Best Revival straight up, and there isn't an industry personage who disagrees with me.

I know you're feeling bad, but how do you think we feel? We perfected the best production of Godspell since the original; you didn't choose us, and you should have, and now it seems you failed because of it. For God's sake, for both our sakes, what do you have to lose? You have to run this whole thing and the brand name into the ground to prove you were right when you were obviously wrong?

You could still rectify the error now by granting us the rights for the one company at the Apollo. Me and my associates will capitalize totally, you get 50%. One company, no grand rights. Do you and us a favor: grant us the rights for one company at the Apollo."

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#47GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:26pm

If they pay you for it, I want a cut. :P

FindingNamo
#48GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:33pm

Of course they pay people for audition monologues, you know that as a theater professional with a pop-up Black Godspell in your back pocket. Just add water!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#49GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24
Posted: 6/13/12 at 5:42pm

Or add Kool-Aid

I don't understand how an all-black Godspell would be so revolutionary. Broadway has never had an all-white Godspell. The show has always been ethnically diverse on a Broadway stage. The revival cast is even more diverse than the original.