pixeltracker

So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?- Page 2

So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#25So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 7:32am

*American Association of Retired Persons

iluvtheatertrash
#26So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 11:50am

This thread killed me. When Wynbish posted the AARP meaning.... I may've peed a little.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#27So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 8:24pm

I'll get back to you on that ASAP.

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#28So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 8:27pm

K. TTYL. Off to see Les Miz and WSS.

justoldbill
#29So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 8:51pm

Have fun. LOL

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#30So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 9:16pm

G2G

I would add a :) smiley face, but there's no nose. It is disrespectful to anatomy!

Updated On: 6/29/12 at 09:16 PM

justoldbill
#31So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 9:35pm

And probably to Asians, as well.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#32So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 9:39pm

And a smile might disrespect ppl who are disgruntled or ornery.

justoldbill
#33So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 10:02pm

Would you regard such folks as SOBs?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
justoldbill
#35So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 10:18pm

And indeed Y not?

Updated On: 6/29/12 at 10:18 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#36So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/29/12 at 11:26pm

It's JOSEPH PAPP,
calling him Papp is a smear to his reputation.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#37So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 3:11am

They've so carefully and neatly cast the INTO THE WOODS production this summer that it'd be a shame if the principals didn't transfer with the show should a transfer happen. I love the idea of a full-fledged Broadway revival helmed by the likes of Donna Murphy, Amy Adams, Dennis O'Hare, Mueller et al.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bobs3
#38So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 3:30am

Actually when I was a college intern at The Public Theater, we called him Mr. Papp and he was not the saint that so many people like to make him out to be.

If you were certain people named Meryl, Kevin, David (Hare), Raul or LuEsther he would grovel at your feet.

If you were one of his underlings, he had no problem treating you like dirt (or more likely sending one of his surrogates to treat you like dirt).

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#39So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 8:37am

OMG. Cool NYC internship. W2G.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 11:15am

Speaking ill of the dead is highly offensive, IMHO.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Owen22
#41So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 2:09pm

Okay, this is out of the box casting, but how about Katie Stevens for a transfer Cinderella? I never liked her on Idol, but she's sorta wonderful in Beauty and the Beat.

http://youtu.be/B0Rau01wbeo

CurtainPullDowner
#42So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 5:08pm

The Public doesn't seem to have it's sh*t together transferring to BWay lately. In the past a good park or off-BWay show could move intact because the actors were mostly off-BWay actors and were readily available to move. Last year HAIR was lucky because the tribe were somewhat unknowns, they lost the terrific Groff, stuck in a stinky IMO Hanke then rebounded with a winning Creel.
Unless you have have your ducks in a row early casting the likes of Adams, Clark, O'Hare, and to a lesser degree Mueller you stand the chance of loosing them and some balance of the production.
It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#43So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 5:22pm

How has the Public not had its **** together for transfers?

Park productions are reliant on well-known names and have been for many years. Big names have full schedules.

And I can't think of any of their recent transfers from downtown that had major casting changes.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#44So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 6/30/12 at 5:34pm

What about an un-Miranda'd Colleen Ballinger?
Think of her

beautywickedlover
#45So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 7/1/12 at 12:10am

I think Erin Mackey would be great as Cinderella as well. Plus two years ago, she did 'Sondheim on Sondheim' which was a revue on Sondheim music.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#46So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 7/1/12 at 1:36pm

Speaking ill of Joseph Papp is known in theater circles as a Papp Smear..DON'T DO IT!!

CurtainPullDowner
#47So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 7/1/12 at 2:01pm

That was my point Carlos, read above.

All this casting and replacing for a show that hasn't opened.

I have a feeling Mueller and her agent have a plan. Most likely WOODS will not move till next year and she may be able to do both, that's the smart move.

nasty_khakis
#48So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 7/1/12 at 2:09pm

I agree that's probably the plan, but if Drood is a smash-hit they'll extend or turn open ended. Then it would probably come down to which role Meuller gets stronger notices for and could get a nomination from.

It's just good planning and similar to the Jeremy Jordan situation from this past season.

CurtainPullDowner
#49So Will Into the Woods Need a New Cinderella?
Posted: 7/1/12 at 2:19pm

nasty, Mueller could open both and possibly be up for 2 nods.

I disagree about the Jordan situation, that was totally unplanned. I think the B&C people thought they had a hit and would run tying Jordan up (I'd like to tie him up too).
NEWSIES move was a complete surprise to everyone.