pixeltracker

Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?- Page 3

Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#50Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 8:51am

I'm with you, emida, don't understand all the venom on this site regarding Kristin. Sure, she's made a few missteps, but the talent is undeniable, and given the right part, she can be utterly amazing. CHARLIE BROWN, ON A CLEAR DAY and APPLE TREE at Encores, her GLEE appearances...could these be any better? Come on, there are so few real stars with her talent, how can we be so dismissive? Yeah, PROMISES was a real disappointment, but her next show could be sensational, so let's give her a break!

NoHSMisNotAMusical
#51Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 9:28am

Yes, she'd be perfect as Adelaide.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#52Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 9:32am

Maybe it is just coming off as hate, or venom, for me it really is not. I just find that she has become a one joke performer- look how perky/cute/and what an interesting little voice I have. I know she is capable of more- she just doesn't seem interested in doing it. I was at the movies the other day and saw a preview for some upcoming comedy that she has a small part in, and once again- its Cheno playing Cheno.

That act gets very old after a while- it does with any performer who won't mix it up now and then.

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
gabrieljwickedone
#53Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 9:38am

Speaking of dramatic roles, did anyone see her in "Into Temptation"? How was she in that?

f13overture Profile Photo
f13overture
#54Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 2:42pm

CrossRoads - The April Rhodes Story

TheHappyPhantom
#55Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 3:45pm

Id write her something where she doesn't speak. She can sing, but her speaking voice is so whiny and annoying. And she needs to learn that she isn't some cutesy little child. Her acting is very immature for her age.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#56Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/8/12 at 7:28pm

I have not heard of the Tammy Faye musical but that actually sounds like a story that writes itself. Dark, funny, ludicrous, corny, beautiful, tragic, and moving all in one package. Who is the creative team attached to it? I am very curious. It does not have to be camp.

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#57Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/9/12 at 11:39am

Is that "Mean Girls" musical still in the works? Cheno would steal the show as the Amy Poehler mom character.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#58Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/11/12 at 5:22am

"I've always thought she'd make a really interesting WITCH in Into the Woods. Would love to see her take on a darker, dramatic role."

Fran IS a darker, dramatic role (watch Maclaine in The Apartment, watch Kerry O'Malley's wonderful work from Encores on youtube). However, you'd never know it from Chenoweth's performance, in which a failed affair and an attempted suicide seemed as fraught with psychic pain as an afternoon shopping at Bonwit Teller's followed by lunch at Schrafft's (or would have, if Chenoweth had brought any sense of period to the role, which she did not).

She was miscast in the part, but what really shocked me was that she brought no sense of truth to it. Her acting was nonexistent. Especially since I know she's clearly capable of showing her chops. Her act at Lincoln Center several years back proved this; I still remember her haunting interpretation of Stephen Foster's "Hard Times."

BroadwayFan12
#59Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/11/12 at 8:02am

I found her to be quite charming in PP even though she was clearly miscast, which I think she knew.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#60Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/11/12 at 8:29am

Put me in the column marked: I don't get her appeal. I don't HATE her, but she wouldn't be the reason I'd want to see a show. I agree, that I can't stand to watch her in interviews, she does seem to be 'on' and in a really annoying way.

Then, of course, there's the time she nearly speared my foot with her stiletto in the lobby of The Normal Heart and didn't bother to say "excuse me" or "sorry".

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#61Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/23/12 at 10:25pm

I think she should replace Elena in Evita! Always wanted to see her flex that inner diva we've only heard tell of! She'd bring something fresh to it for sure!

JulesReverie Profile Photo
JulesReverie
#62Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:22pm

If she wants a vehicle, MARY PICKFORD, the role that she was born to play on stage(with Douglas Sills as Douglas Fairbanks)

Seriously, Pickford and Fairbanks famous marriage is musical gold, it even has a name PICKFAIR (the name of their famous Hollywood estate)

Chenoweth is just too perfect for Mary Pickford, looks and all(even height!), and Mary Pickford's post Sweetheart years and marriage Fairbanks is the vehicles of vehicles.
Pure Tony award winning musical material-
their "By the Clock" love and roller coaster marriage of big egos, their legendary house parties of celebrity legends and extreme decadence, their trips to Hearst Castle, her loud and overly dependent alcoholic family, her self-destructive baby brother on the brink of smearing her name with his soon to be dead Ziegfeld Follies fiance Olive, her snide frenenmy relationship with rival Chaplin, the opening United Artists, her clash with her stepson's new flapper bride JOAN CRAWFORD, her stress of always putting on a performance at work and home never having a minute to be anything but a sweetheart, the hilariously disastrous filming of Taming of the Shrew with Fairbanks, her young and gorgeous loyal admirer co-star Buddy Rogers, her plight into drinking sending Fairbanks into the arms of Lady Sylvia, Fairbanks deteriorating and losing his charismatic vigor, her transformation from America's Sweetheart to America's First Has-been, etc-- musical gold

Updated On: 7/24/12 at 01:22 PM

AHTC
#63Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:07pm

Not to take the thread to a dark place, but is she alright?

Starship
#64Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/29/12 at 2:20pm

I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'd love to see her portray a comedic yet serious role. Something close to Glinda, but even a step further.

TheHappyPhantom
#65Perfect Vehicle for Kristin Chenoweth?
Posted: 7/29/12 at 3:59pm

that Into the Woods comment is crazy. Keep her away from Sondheim. The Witch is far too complex for her silly, childish acting techniques.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign

Videos