pixeltracker

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion- Page 3

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#50The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 7:51pm

On second thought, I just heard thunder so maybe it is weather related? *fingers crossed*

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#51The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 7:53pm

^ We've been having horrible thunderstorms all day in my area of New Jersey. It might be heading that way.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

DK69
#52The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 8:07pm

Cancelled or closed to the public ?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#53The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 8:18pm

I just signed up for Digital Theatre and bought the HD Into the Woods. It's downloading now, and I can't wait to watch The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

broadwaydevil
#54The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 8:39pm

Just got word that they are doing a runthrough and it started at 8. (Or maybe were given the weather.)

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#55The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 8:45pm

They are still doing the dress rehearsal as scheduled at 8, but they closed it to an audience, which is why everyone was sent home.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#56The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 8:56pm

I wonder if they'll be ready for an audience tomorrow. I'm glad that I'm waiting until Saturday.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#57The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 9:14pm

I hear Donna Murphy was out.
(Not a joke, kids)

broadwaydevil
#58The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 9:16pm

Sounds like everything is going well!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#59The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 9:19pm

Sounds like Wednesday is shaping up to be a sh!tshow.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#60The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 9:28pm

On the "other board", a lot of people were bitching that it is some sort of "conspiracy" and that it is not a weather related cancellation, but is due to something more sinister, like the show is not ready, etc. That is very interesting, considering that it just poured rain on my head as I walked home from work about a half hour ago, at 9PM.

Updated On: 7/23/12 at 09:28 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#61The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 9:32pm

I hear Donna Murphy was out.
(Not a joke, kids)

Wait, really?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Leadingplayer
#63The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 10:01pm

If Linda Muggleston had been cast it wouldn't have rained.

broadwaydevil
#64The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:18pm

Any news?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#65The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:18pm

There's no friggin' conspiracy.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#66The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:27pm

And Donna was not out, for what little of the show they got through before the rain started.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

broadwaydevil
#67The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:27pm

Kad is there any update on tomorrow's performance?

ETA - Ghostlight's post reminded me. Thanks Kad for all your updates and dispelling of rumors.

Updated On: 7/23/12 at 11:27 PM

ghostlight2
#68The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:34pm

"There's no friggin' conspiracy."

"And Donna was not out"

Thank you, Kad. I really hate it when people spread rumor with no basis. I appreciate your info.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#69The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:37pm

Based on what was just tweeted, the show will go on tomorrow.

The Public Theater ?@PublicTheaterNY
Despite rain and lightening which cancelled rehearsal tonight, we are still on with our first preview tom'w, 7/24 #sondheiminthepark

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#70The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/23/12 at 11:55pm

And that's as far as I know, too. Tomorrow is set to be clear (cross your fingers, everyone), and they can work during most of the day and perform at night. It would be, essentially, a final dress.

Performing outside is a massive gamble. As You Like It was VERY lucky. There was only ONE rain delay the entire run- and it was only for 10 minutes.

ITW got not only record heat, but terrible storms during its tech week... the time they need the weather to cooperate the most, honestly. They had a tight schedule to tech a complicated show.

It's a shame that the second a production sheds a drop of blood in the water, the sharks attack.

The cast and crew don't want to see this production delayed any more than the audience does. Wonderful work is being done all around, they sure as hell don't want to be performing to an empty 1,880 theatre.

It will be a beautiful production, to that I can attest. The first week will have some rough edges as it finds its groove. But that's the case with most shows in the park- it's tightly scheduled and reliant on weather. It's a different beast.

bwayphreak234
#71The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 12:11am

I just started watching the Regent's Park version in HD on Digital Theatre. I am thirty minutes in, and all I can see is WOW. This is probably one of the coolest things I have seen- I love the concept, and the scenery is just jaw dropping and perfect. I am interested to see how the production was changed for the Public Theatre.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#72The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:29am

Not terribly much, costume design aside.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#73The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:37am

Glad to hear DM was ok, someone said a cast member said she was hurt, and not gonna do the dress.
I'm glad I was wrong. I can't wait to see her in this role.

bwayphreak234
#74The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:40am

costume design aside

Do you happen to know if they are staying with semi-modern/eclectic costume design used for Regent's Park?