Posted: 1/8/16 at 2:31pm

...according to who?

ScottReiburn2
#176TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 1/8/16 at 3:17pm

Hi There, 

Scott from the Gold Club here. 

Sara is correct...

Part of being a member of the Gold Club means respecting the wishes of the shows, performances, and venues we are lucky enough to have relationships with so we can all enjoy what they offer. Specifically: Thanks for using discretion and never mentioning the show or event in a public forum.

Gold Club offers are meant for Gold Club members and their immediate guests. Thanks for helping us protect the request and wishes of all our partner shows, box offices, and venues, and keeping the offers on the QT! 

Let us know if you'd like to discuss further or if we can be of any assistance: goldclub@theatermania.com 

Thanks!

Sara Goldstein
#177TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 1/8/16 at 3:20pm

The Terms and conditions on ALL of the websites?

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#178TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/8/16 at 7:22pm

Gave up on the papering services last fall for all the reasons previously discussed here.  Six months later now, and winter.  Any improvement in what's being offered for Off/On Broadway?

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#179TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:38am

Is anyone else having issues with the filters on Gold Club? When you check off Play and Musical not everything is coming up. It kind of defeats the purpose of having them if you still have to look through all the listings.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Theater3232
#180TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:55am

The sites have considerably improved the way they list shows.  For example, instead of listing the same TV taping 20 times in 20 separate listings (for Monday 10am, Monday 12noon, all throughout the week, etc), now it's just listed ONCE and all 20 occurrences of it are under the same listing.   What a major improvement!!

Similarly, that really should be done for all the music venues to get rid of the clutter.  Just list the name of the music venue ONCE, and list all the performances of the different days/times under that one listing.  That way it only appears ONCE and not an endless number of times.

Updated On: 2/15/16 at 11:55 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#181TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 1:23pm

ClydeBarrow said: "Is anyone else having issues with the filters on Gold Club? When you check off Play and Musical not everything is coming up. It kind of defeats the purpose of having them if you still have to look through all the listings.

You're right, the filter isn't working. I checked on Live Music and I got absolutely nothing. When I looked at all the offerings, quite a few were identified as being live music.

This is pretty recent, though, I think.

billyelliotfan123
#182TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 4:28pm

I signed up for gold club in early January and haven't seen a single show yet. They always have the same crap up. I never seem to find anything worth going to see. I'm about to give up

ScottReiburn2
#183TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 4:58pm

Hi Billyelliottfan123,

Don't give up on the Gold Club quite yet...

I'm Scott, manager of the club. Glad to read your note, and sorry you've not been seeing some of the terrific shows and events offered- plenty since January. Because we have an arrangement with all shows, venues, and organizations not to publish show-titles in a public forum, please send a quick email to goldclub@theatermania.com and we will not only give you some of the highlights, but show you how to make sure you take full advantage of the club, and especially make sure if there's something you want to see that's been in the club, it will be yours.

How does that sound? We look forward to hearing from you, Billyelliottfan123, and making sure your Gold Club experience is a fun and valuable one. 

If anyone has any questions about the Gold Club, email us @ goldclub@theatermania.com. 

Thanks!

Scott  

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#184TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 5:20pm

HI, Scott! What about the filter not working? Thanks!

ScottReiburn2
#185TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 5:25pm

Hiya Mac!

As soon as we have a full staff in tomorrow (Tuesday) we'll definitely have a look-see... :)  

All the best, 

Scott 

outsideofadog
#186TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 5:55pm

I see that Gold Club has been sending out more emails (or it seems that way to me) to update the membership. But it might be nice (it might be nice...) to get a heads up for any Broadway show. If there've been any up lately, I've missed them. I would like to know when one goes up. Not to say I'm not interested in the Offs.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#187TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 6:49pm

So clearly the answer to my question above is that absolutely nothing has changed.  Good to know.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#188TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:02pm

You have to check them morning and night to get the good stuff. It wouldn't be very fair if they sent out an e-mail because everyone checks their e-mail.  Gold Club never has Broadway anymore, probably because they're difficult to deal with and have no problem being rude to anyone when they're making money off getting comp tickets and that's gotten around.  Theater Extras and Play by Play is the way to go.  I have seen over 20 Broadway shows through them combined over the last year, but I check constantly.  Also Spondooly has been great for concerts and off and off broadway and even more so worth it if you have access to a car or travel to/live in LA and Vegas. They never seem to run out of tickets before the shows as well. 

ScottReiburn2
#189TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:14pm

Hi Outsideofadog,

Scott, Gold Club manager here. Thanks for noticing our daily "This Just In" emails which also include the occasional Broadway show, when they are offered. Did you also receive our monthly Newsletter? If so, take another peak, please. In it, we talk about our Waiting List. This means if ever there's a show or event you know has been offered in the Gold Club- but has sold out, or the date doesn't fit into an agenda: Get In Touch With Us! We'll gladly give you a heads-up via our Wait List notification.

We can't talk about specific shows in a public forum, but please email goldclub@theatermania.com and we'll gladly tell you what's been on the boards of late- Broadway and Beyond- and if there's a show or event that interests you, we'll be sure to let you know next time it's available. Deal? 

If anyone has any questions about the Gold Club, ask us! goldclub@theatermania.com 

Warm regards, 

Scott  

ScottReiburn2
#190TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:23pm

Just_John said: " Gold Club never has Broadway anymore, probably because they're difficult to deal with and have no problem being rude to anyone when they're making money off getting comp tickets and that's gotten around."

Hi Just_John. Scott, Manager of the Gold Club here. Would love to have a quick conversation with you re/ the above. Very surprising to hear "difficult to deal with" and "being rude to anyone they're making money off"...Wow. Can I trouble you to email us @ goldclub@theatermania.com your phone number, or at the very least, an email address? We take pride in how we treat our members, and if someone on this end is being less than helpful and kind, we want to know about it. By the way, the Gold Club has had no fewer than 5 Broadway shows in the club in the past couple of months. I look forward to hearing from you and showing you how important our members are to us! 

All the best, 

Scott 

Theater3232
#191TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/15/16 at 11:55pm

Unless you're checking very frequently, you won't know what has come up on Gold Club recently.  (Unlike other sites that say "sold out", their listings completely disappear once they're full, so you'd never know what you missed.  It may look like they have nothing if you check at a random time, but that's because the good stuff has already sold out.)  They've had several major off-Broadway exclusives since December, all of which moved very quickly.  Everyone I've spoken to has always been very helpful and way friendly there.  Let's just say that "word of mouth" complaints that I've overheard about the customer service of papering services are never about Gold Club.

ScottReiburn2
#192TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/16/16 at 1:40pm

Thanks so much Theater 3232. So kind of you! :) 

All the best, 

Scott from the Gold Club

outsideofadog
#193TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/16/16 at 2:36pm

I agree that the Gold Club people are nice and respectful and willing to help, which has not been my experience with other service. I think that Gold Club, as part of a bigger organization (Theatermania) has better customer service and no "I'm doing you a favor" attitude.

ClydeBarrow
#194TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 8:39pm

There has been less than nothing on Gold Club so far in 2016. I'm really regretting switching over to a yearly membership because I definitely would have canceled. I find it hard to believe that every show is selling so well that they don't need to paper.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

@z5
#195TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:07pm

That's why I cancelled too...it was a waste because there was literally nothing worth going to. Very disappointing.

ScottReiburn2
#196TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:17pm

Hi Clyde, 

Scott, Manager of the Gold Club here. 

Do me a favor: Send an email to goldclub@theatermania.com, which I will receive. 

I am going to blow your mind with a list of some of the superb offers we've had in 2016. Even in the past few weeks. We can't publish titles in a public forum as part of our agreement with the shows, venues, and organizations we work with, but if you're a paid member of the Gold Club, I would love to personally turn your mindset 180 degrees... and not only that, I'll give you some simple tips on how you will have the best possible shot to make sure you get to see these shows. 

Keep in mind one important factor: When a Gold Club offer "sells out"- it disappears. 

Send me an email when you have a chance. I'm glad you spoke up. 

All the best, 

Scott

ScottReiburn2
#197TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:25pm

Very disappointing to hear that, @z5...and thanks for the feedback.

I'm Scott, Manager of the Gold Club, and as you can see, we take comments seriously, and constructively. When you say "...nothing worth going to..." What's worth going to, to you? I'd love to know!  Please send an email to goldclub@theatermania.com and let me know. Maybe there's something special we can do for you, and show you what the Gold Club's about....

Hope to hear from you!

Scott of the Gold Club 

ClydeBarrow
#198TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:27pm

Hi Scott. No offense but you're not going to blow my mind with a list of what's been available on the site. I'm very aware of the intricacies of the site, how it works and how to best get the offers. I check the site an innumerable amount of times a day and find it hard to believe that I've missed anything that amazing. It appears I'm not the only person who feels the same way. 

ScottReiburn2
#199TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/18/16 at 9:30pm

Clyde, 

I leave it up to you. I'm reaching out and responding because we have great respect for our members who we care about and- as you can see- listen to carefully. We'll only get so far right here. 

Wishing you better experiences in the Gold Club ahead.