Once matinee and stage door?

hanabana
#1Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 1:50am

Hello everyone. I was thinking about catching Once at a Saturday matinee. Does anyone know if there's a alternate schedule for Steve Kazee and/or Cristin Milioti? Also, how is the stage door for a matinee show? Has it been crazy, and does any of the leads come out? Thanks in advance!

smallworld Profile Photo
smallworld
#2Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 2:45am

I saw a matinee of the show in early August and the entire cast came out and signed. It was kind of crazy but all of the cast members took their time and signed things/took pictures, etc. :)

willep
#2Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 9:04am

Steve and Cristin don't have alternates. They do all the shows unless they are sick/on vacation.

basketcase
#3Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 10:31am

Didn't Cristin's movie recently begin filming? There's a chance she'll miss a few shows in the coming weeks because of that, but there's no set schedule of days she'll be out.

willep
#4Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 10:39am

I think she is done most of her filming. I have a friend who tends bar at the show and he said she left to start filming but has been back. So she may still miss some, but I think the bulk of her filming is done.

emma3386 Profile Photo
emma3386
#5Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 11:23am

I saw somewhere that Kazee was out the first week of October. Does anyone know if this is true?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#6Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 11:28am

He tweeted that he'll be out Oct. 1-8

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#7Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 9/8/12 at 12:34pm

Cristin is no where near done filming. That is the reason they hired an stand-by for Girl (Laura Dreyfuss). Cristin was out Thursday and Friday due to filming (Andrea was on). They also bumped Ben Hope up to Guy stand-by and hired Joe Carroll as the new male swing.

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#8Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 12/14/14 at 4:20pm

Any update on how the stage door is after a Wed. mat? Is it worth standing in the cold?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#9Once matinee and stage door?
Posted: 12/14/14 at 4:54pm

Those are two very different questions.

I'm guessing here, but usually when you hear of people not coming out between shows, it is the bigger, name stars, since those are the ones people want to sign stuff. Since Once doesn't really have any stars, you probably have a better chance of them coming out, but again, it is winter, if someone has been feeling a bit under the weather or something, they might just stay in...

As to whether it is worth standing out in the cold, I would say no. But your mileage may vary...