pixeltracker

Into the Woods auditioning Cinderellas yesterday...

Into the Woods auditioning Cinderellas yesterday...

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#1Into the Woods auditioning Cinderellas yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:28pm

Now this is only an assumption, but...

Yesterday at Telsey one of the studio's was marked for 'Into the Woods' auditions. I recognized two ladies outside of the room; Jessica Grove and Sara Jean Ford. Knowing that Jessie Mueller is doing 'Drood' and figuring that both Miss Grove and Miss Ford are very Cinderella-y types, I assumed that the auditions were being held to replace Miss Mueller.

So perhaps a Broadway transfer is on..?

I'll take the wind and soar.
Updated On: 9/11/12 at 01:28 PM

AEA AGMA SM
#2Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:30pm

Or it could have been for a regional production somewhere?

Jon
#2Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:30pm

Cinderella's what?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#3Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:35pm

Telsey's helping cast the movie of INTO THE WOODS, not the Broadway transfer. If the production from the park moved (which it won't,) The Public would continue to handle casting for it, just like they did with HAIR.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 9/11/12 at 01:35 PM

mschwager Profile Photo
mschwager
#4Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:35pm

If that is true, that's upsetting because Mueller was one of the standouts of the production....

matineeidol2013
#5Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:37pm

AEA: I also figured it could have been for a regional production somewhere, but I don't remember a regional theatre prestigious enough to bring in such names as Miss Grove and Miss Ford that has made an announcement lately...

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#6Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:37pm

I would have taken Cinderella over the thankless role of Helena Landless myself.

matineeidol2013
#7Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:39pm

somethingwicked: thank you for clearing that up. I guess I kinda just brushed announcements of the movie aside figuring it probably was just another press release of a project that wouldn't come to fruition. Cool to see that it seems to be on track!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 1:55pm

But Grove and Ford would not even be specks on the radar for the WOODS film. Unless they are going for an unknown, which I doubt. Marshall loves "all-star casts."

Updated On: 9/11/12 at 01:55 PM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#9Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 2:00pm

ljay-I was going to say that. (Also, the Public most likely would use an agency to facilitate casting, wouldn't they???)

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#10Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 2:08pm

It's for the movie. Regardless of whether or not they're stars, it's still worth a screen test.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#11Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 2:26pm

dreaming, The Public does not use an agency to facilitate casting. They have their own casting office, headed by Jordan Thaler and Heidi Griffiths.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#12Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 2:37pm

Ok, I guess I thought for a transfer they might outsource.

Thanks for the info.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#13Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 2:59pm

Ljay, I'm also surprised to hear that people like Grove and Ford are up for Cinderella, especially when you can imagine how many Hollywood young A-listers would want the role. We even saw that video of Michelle Dockery auditioning for the film (or at least that's what we all assumed), I imagine people like her are more likely to get cast over working Broadway actresses, but it'd certainly be interesting if he cast an unknown. I'd love it if they are, in fact, casting the film, I'd be so excited if the movie actually happened.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#14Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 3:03pm

I'm pulling for Jessica Grove as Cinderella

Lefou Profile Photo
Lefou
#15Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 3:27pm

there is no casting underway for the film version, simply for a table read of the script for said film. Whoever they end up casting for the read is not guaranteed a spot in the film.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#16Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/11/12 at 4:14pm

How do you know this?

Leadingplayer
#17Into the Woods auditioning Cinderella's yesterday...
Posted: 9/12/12 at 12:58am

Did Morgan James audition?