Remembering Dollypop

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#25Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 12:36pm

He never did tell us however how his date with Levi went when they saw HAIR together.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#26Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 12:41pm

Were we meant to understand it was the show called "Hair," specifically?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:04pm

Sadly, Dolly never did get to produce the show he'd wanted for years, "Hair-less".

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#28Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:22pm

Remembering Dollypop

Jordan Catalano
#29Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:24pm

Don't go gently towards that bright red light, Dolly.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#30Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:30pm

He looks better than I've ever seen him, though.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#31Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:33pm

Fondly recalling his giddiness when he would make fun of his "students"...their silly names, malapropisms, and just their general "blackness". This will be a true loss to all underprivileged children who will never know his cruel, shallow bigotry. Such a tragedy.

I mean WHEN it happens.

PEACE.

Jordan Catalano
#32Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:35pm

I think this is really beautiful, like when Sophia had a wake to hear how much she was loved by all her friends.

FindingNamo
#33Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:36pm

I often thought Dollypop was using poetic license when crafting some of the names of his students, because he was first and foremost an artist, unafraid to pursue his singular vision.

Jordan Catalano
#34Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:41pm

So, as an artist, one could say that Dolly has "Finished his hat..."

When that time comes, of course.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#35Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:49pm

I took offense at his callous, un-compassionate, racist rants against his students. We're talking about an educator here, someone who needed to be a role model and a guiding force for those kids who were less fortunate.

He needs to be re-trained and subjected to watch a la Malcolm McDowell in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, the following films:

THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE
TO SIR, WITH LOVE
UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE
DANGEROUS MINDS
FAME
LEAN ON ME
STAND AND DELIVER
FREEDOM WRITERS
MUSIC OF THE HEART
MR. HOLLAND'S OPUS
MONA LISA SMILE
GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS (BOTH of them)
THE RON CLARK STORY
DEAD POET'S SOCIETY

and just for cautionary purposes:

TEACHING MRS. TINGLE
THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE

on the lighter side of things, all available seasons of:

WELCOME BACK, KOTTER and ROOM 222

Updated On: 11/3/12 at 01:49 PM

CarlosAlberto
#36Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:54pm

Oh to hell with all of that. Just lock him up in a cell, tie him down and subject him to never-ending viewings of HELLO, DOLLY! That'll teach him a lesson!

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#37Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 2:31pm

Or, locking him in a room with JC, WS.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#38Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 3:02pm

I take a senior citizen grocery shopping once a month. I let him pick whatever he wants and we always fill the cart up.

I’ve often thought, this must be what Dolly’s family does for him… Or not.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#39Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 4:32pm

Remembering Dollypop

Carlos, I have no idea how you could leave the very fitting William Inge film Good Luck Miss Wyckoff from your list.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#40Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:09pm

Funny, isn't it, how all those old threads are reappearing just at the moment Dollypop disappeared?

CarlosAlberto
#41Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:27pm

@ Eric: I left it off because I've never heard of it. Contrary to popular belief I don't know everything!

CarlosAlberto
#42Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:29pm

But now I'm intrigued. Doris Roberts doing William Inge? I've got to hunt this one down.

CarlosAlberto
#43Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:33pm

The movie sounds absolutely filthy. I may need to take several showers and a scrubbing down after I've viewed it:

Set in Freedom, a fictional small Kansas town, in 1956, the film focuses on Evelyn Wyckoff, a lonely and depressed 35-year-old high school Latin teacher who no longer finds any satisfaction in her work. She is undergoing therapy with Wichita psychiatrist Dr. Steiner but making little progress. One day she is accosted by Rafe Collins, an African American scholarship student who cleans classrooms at the end of the school day. When the young man makes lewd suggestions and begins to unzip his pants, Evelyn flees in a panic but decides to tell no one what transpired, hoping it was an isolated incident.

The following day, Rafe approaches Evelyn again and rapes her on her desk. Ashamed and fearful of the public disgrace she will suffer if she reports being violated by a black man, she chooses to remain silent. Rafe forces himself upon her on a daily basis, and eventually Evelyn, craving attention and mistaking their abusive relationship for true love, begins to look forward to their trysts.

CarlosAlberto
#44Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:36pm

Well, that didn't take long...I found it in it's entirety.
CLICK ME

CarlosAlberto
#45Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 5:37pm

Oh and Eric, you missed the point of my post. I was naming movies of teachers that made a difference in their pupils' lives, not movies of teachers who liked to get raped by their school janitors and get off on it.

Updated On: 11/3/12 at 05:37 PM

FindingNamo
#46Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 6:14pm

I'm pissed at the sharp negative turn this thread took, like Sandy into New Jersey. Dollypop was, excuse me, is all about inference and and being indirect. The least we can do in this remember acne thread is honor his talents by doing the same. I'm really sad some people took a thread of sensitivity and turned it into one of attacks. I know I don't control the Internet, but this was not my intent. I hope if Dollypop is still alive, what some of you wrote does not kill him with your cruelty.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#47Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 6:15pm

Jebus, that Miss Wyckoff movie is lurid! One of the first things we see is graffiti that says: Miss Wyckoff Fu**s Ni****s. My. I can;t wait to watch the whole shebang.

PEACE.

CarlosAlberto
#48Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 6:31pm

Huh..What..Que? Was Namo sayin' sumthin'?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#49Remembering Dollypop
Posted: 11/3/12 at 6:52pm

Carolyn Jones!

Ronee Blakely!

Dorothy Malone!

WOW!