Posted: 11/6/12 at 3:26pm

Posted on their official page on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8OWbrMi1E&feature=g-all-u

Stunning scenes!

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#2New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 3:36pm

Still waiting for a spot that highlights other songs, but nice imagery in this one

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 3:39pm

Seven weeks more!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#3New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 3:46pm

Marius looks like he is floating toward Cosette.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#4New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 3:50pm

I think that's during the new peyote scene they wrote just for the movie.

Wildcard
#5New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 4:55pm

I love the shot of the convicts pulling the ship. It makes it look very epic. I still have reservations on the outdoor scenes that were shot in the studio such as Rue Plumet. They look just like they were in a warehouse.

jo
#6New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 5:22pm

That looks like an awesome opening scene, including the monstrous ship being towed to the dock (maybe CGI or borrowed from a museum - LOL). It is a far cry from the narrative-only part in the stage production. The wonders of cinema!

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#7New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 5:42pm

the opening scene in the film where they are pulling the boat, is what they done for the prologue in the 25th anniversary uk tour, except they were rowing it and not pulling it.

jo
#8New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 6:09pm

It is the sight of the ship which makes it spectacular and all that water and rain!

SporkGoddess
#9New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 6:26pm

I wish they'd use another song other than "I Dreamed a Dream." I got excited when I heard the beginning but then it turned into that song again.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#10New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 7:35pm

I'm mixed - I want to hear more songs, but I also want it to be fresh in the theater. They need use songs to promote the movie, but let them surprise us!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

michellek45
#11New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 7:46pm

I agree with Wildcard- in all we've seen, though I do like the lighting composition of the Rue Plumet bits, they don't give that feeling of being outdoors like they should. Otherwise, it looks great! If that scene of Cosette behind the scrim is during Fantine's death, I'm going to lose it.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#12New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/6/12 at 9:13pm

This is wonderful New Les Miserables TV Spot

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#13New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 1:56am

Glad they are not showing any others songs, the biggest downfall with Sweeney was you saw most of the musical numbers before the film was released.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#14New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 10:00am

I still think that using "Do You Hear the People Sing?" is a must

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#15New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 11:21am

There is a trailer out there which does have DYHTPS.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-
Updated On: 11/7/12 at 11:21 AM

MunchkininOZ629 Profile Photo
MunchkininOZ629
#16New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 12:19pm

^What trailer was that?

Wildcard
#17New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 12:30pm

^It was the international trailer that played before Skyfall which had One Day More and DYHTPS

willep
#18New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 12:45pm

We only ever got a really poor bootleg of it online though.

a-mad
#19New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 2:34pm

Does anyone know when the U.S. trailer officially premieres? I would have that it would be attached to Skyfall... but I haven't heard anything.

I would expect they would release a trailer, no? The teaser was beautiful, and wonderfully done, but I would think they want to use all the T-giving weekend moviegoing traffic to promote it.

Plum
#20New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 2:42pm

How is the existing US trailer a teaser? I'm honestly asking - I thought teasers were those 5-second numbers that were basically the movie title and maybe a fractional clip.

a-mad
#21New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 2:51pm

^ I don't think there's a true definition that distinguishes the two... Its just that normal protocol for a major release like this is to issue a teaser/trailer that is no more than 1 - 1.5 minutes in length (sometime shorter...) about six - 12 months in advance, then release a longer trailer 2-4 months before the release date.

Obviously studios can do whatever they want, and there isn't a standard rule out there... I was just comparing Les Miz to other big studio offerings this Christmas.

It could be that they are satisfied with Trailer #1 and they'll leave it at that.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#22New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 3:33pm

"The trailer that is attached to Skyfall plays 'I Dreamed a Dream' and 'One Day More' and ends with 'Do You Hear the People Sing'"

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/73313505.html?page=2#comments

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

willep
#23New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/7/12 at 4:40pm

A teaser usually gives you a taste without really giving you any idea of what the actual story is, whereas a trailer tends to give you a bit of what the plotline is (not a real rule, but a general statement that is usually true), and as a-mad said, trailers usually clock in at about two and a half minutes.

Nobody knows when we will get the trailer, but apparently it will not be with Skyfall.

jo
#24New Les Miserables TV Spot
Posted: 11/8/12 at 10:18am

Check this out - can't post it as a separate thread as it is not an official upload yet New Les Miserables TV Spot

It's 2'38" long --

https://levi-jadetaylor.tumblr.com/post/35270002028/the-trailer-weve-all-been-waiting-for-full

Click on " the fire..." under the photo, if the video does not load up immediately

Yay!!!

Updated On: 11/8/12 at 10:18 AM