pixeltracker

Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?

Lenstersf2
#1Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:38am

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does she stage door? Matinee and evening performances? Does she sign?

Thanks.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:49am

Yes and yes.

Rainbowhigh23
#2Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 11:00am

Yes. She is very gracious and signed everyone's Playbill when I was there. She didn't stop to take a picture with a fan but didn't mind everyone snapping away as she passed. Debra Winger did not stop and was quite rude.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#3Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 11:26am

Both Patti and Debra came out when I saw it last week after the evening performance. Patti signed everyones Playbill, she even signed my Evita poster which seemed to amuse her! Debra did sign but she seemed to be in a rush.

Jordan Catalano
#4Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 11:33am

Will Debra Winger sign my E.T. poster?

showchoirguy
#5Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 12:01pm

Yes.

Jordan Catalano
#6Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 12:54pm

And that wasn't a joke. I'd kill to have that thing signed.

Rainbowhigh23
#7Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 1:41pm

Thank you, Jordan, I was never aware until now of Debra's involvement in "E.T.". I'm sure if you brought your poster it would stop her dead in her tracks. You'd probably be the first to get a picture with her as well.

Wonder what she would think of a VHS of Urban Cowboy...

showchoirguy
#8Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 1:56pm

Jordan, please do it.

ArtMan
#9Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 2:12pm

What was her involvement with E.T.?

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#10Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 2:16pm

"If Patti can fake graciousness, Debra, then so can you."

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 11/29/12 at 02:16 PM

Jordan Catalano
#11Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 2:38pm

ArtMan, Winger did the voice for E.T.

iluvtheatertrash
#12Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 2:42pm

When I went, they both signed, but it was abrupt. Don't expect to make a friend.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ArtMan
#13Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 9:17pm

Jordan, I didn't know that. Hopefully she's getting some money from that. Her movie career has kind of dried up. Although I thought she was great in Rachel Getting Married. I would have thought more roles would have come her way after that film. She has always been a favorite of mine, but unfortunately has had a "reputation" in the past. Whether its true or not who knows?

Leadingplayer
#14Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 9:32pm

They usually announce she will sign and you can take photos but she won't stop for individual ones.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#15Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:25pm

Jordan, while she's signing your ET poster you should ask why she dropped out of A League of Their Own.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#16Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:37pm

Debra actually walked away from Hollywood when she had millions. She married, bought her house and raised her family away from the spotlight. If you have a chance watch the documentary "Searching For Debra Winger." Debra had enough of studios dissecting her age, looks, weight,"f@#kability" and box office draw. She chose real life. After the 80s and 90s she never had to work again and only chooses projects she is passionate about. I deeply respect her. She hates the Hollywood game but loves acting. She's gorgeous in person-you can tell she takes care of herself and is very grounded.

LuPone and Winger were friendly but short at the stage door. They come out once their cars arrive and they don't dilly dally.

As far as her reputation, I think it might be attributed to the fact that she has opinions.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

zamedy
#17Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:43pm

I instantly lose a lot of respect for any star when you hear they are 'rude' at the stage door with fans. So.. let's be rude to the people who pay your salary and actually give you 'celebrity' status? I know you have to take all accounts on blogs and message boards with a grain of salt.. but in general..it PISSES ME OFF! :)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#18Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:46pm

There's a difference between rude and efficient. If a star stops to sign but doesnt chat I think thats just fine.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Leadingplayer
#19Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:52pm

That "Searching for Debra Winger" wasn't really truthful with the facts. Winger was pushed from Hollywood. She didn't leave. (and the A League of Their Own incident was the last straw.) After years of accusations of being difficult due to alleged cocaine use (read Shirley MacLaine's book on Terms) she was excessively difficult in her demands for control on League. She held out and refused to show up for work unless her demands were met. She kind of assumed Penny Marshall would back her no matter what since they had been partners in a bitter negotiation to star and direct "Peggy Sue Got Married." Tom Hanks and Marshall supported her at first but then agreed to the deal. Winger was given a Friday afternoon deadline to sign a contract. She didn't show and the studio fooled her by having Geena Davis fresh off her Oscar win standing by and ready to shoot come Monday. It was all very dramatic stuff and the whole thing plus her past behavior made Winger pretty much uninsurable as a lead in a major studio film.

Lenstersf2
#20Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 10:54pm

Good to hear! Hoping to get Patti to sign a Sweeney Todd playbill.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#21Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 11:03pm

There's two sides to every story. "Alleged" cocaine use-exactly. Also, Shirley MacLaine doesn't get along with a lot of people-she's a crotch who I take with a grain of salt. There are plenty of actors who throw their weight around and lose deals-Winger isn't the first and not the last. It was probably a wake up call for her to get out of the biz.

Leadingplayer
#22Does LuPone stage door at the Anarchist?
Posted: 11/28/12 at 11:08pm

Yeah, Betty, I'm sure MacLaine was no picnic but Winger was also at war with Jeff Daniels and James Brooks too, plus with Richard Gere and Taylor Hackford on An Officer and a Gentleman, and John Malkovitch and Bertolucchi on Sheltering Sky....and as I said the Peggy Sue Got Married thing. She always seemed to be the center of the chaos.

Videos