pixeltracker

BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?- Page 2

BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#25BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/2/13 at 11:10pm

I think I read that they already built lots of the set, so hopefully they can make it work?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

JeffersonPenn
#26BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/3/13 at 12:19am

As several other individuals mentioned, Mr. Sprecher must either move forward with the scheduled theatrical production or return the retrieved capital to the original investors. But, since at least $800,000 of the capitalization has been utilized, the latter option is not quite available. The show must thus go on, despite its debated prospect of commercial success.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#28BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/3/13 at 8:00am

If it's a great show with an inspired score and terrific cast, all this gossip, schadenfreude and drama will just be a lot of blah blah blah.

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...
Updated On: 1/3/13 at 08:00 AM

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#29BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/3/13 at 2:54pm

They do have a built in audience... the people who are interested in the show because of the scandal.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#30BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/3/13 at 6:08pm

DEClarke, not so sure that will be too much of a built in audience. Not near as much as what Spiderman probably generated. Just my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

PositivelyEmerald
#31BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/3/13 at 7:54pm

Yes, a lot of the set was built. I've seen pictures showing the nearly completed deck for the show, as well as the staircase of Manderlay. Ill post them later.

I personally was and still am very excited to see this show. (If it ever happens)

Could Pia Douwes have done the show in the U.S? I could have sworn I heard her singing the title song in english on a recording somewhere. Her voice is stellar, and she has the perfect look for Mrs. Danvers.

Someone said earlier they heard or saw a video of Karen Mason singing "Rebecca." Does anyone know where I can find that???

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#32BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/4/13 at 2:54am

That's true. SPIDER-MAN definitely has broader appeal. But I don't think they would ever expect REBECCA to draw the same large crowds to being with. (I could be wrong.) I'd think they'd expect word of mouth and star QUALity to drive the show.

On the flip side, I know that I am much more interested in REBECCA because of the drama behind the scenes. I really didn't know much about the show until the scandal broke out. It was then that I started learning about it and the success it was in Europe. I know I can't be alone in that camp. And I think other NYC tourists like myself would be ticket buyers in part due to the scandal.

DeNada
#33BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 1/4/13 at 6:30am

NYC ticket buyers who actually follow this sort of news are surely a complete minority when it comes to theatre audiences, though. Most people would have very little idea the show is even supposed to be open yet, I'd have thought?

Whatever happens, the show will flop. What plays in Europe does not play well everywhere else. The orchestrations are retro to say the least, the English lyrics sounded dreadful from the Bryant Park performance, and the melodramatic atmosphere is the complete antithesis of everything that's popular on Broadway at present.

I own both Austrian recordings. I LIKE the Austrian recordings, and am considering picking up the new German one to hear the changes to the score. But the show has absolutely no chance of being anything other than a financial disaster on Broadway.

If there was any way for Sprecher and Forlanza to pay back the money and release the rights, they should have taken it, because Sprecher in particular is unlikely to be get the chance to be lead producer on anything again.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#34BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 11/15/13 at 11:38am

Has anyone heard any updates on Rebecca in 2014?

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

neonlightsxo
someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#36BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 11/15/13 at 1:27pm

The Rebecca set looks amazing. Maybe someone else should write a show around it so at least the nice set can make it to Broadway.

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#37BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 11/15/13 at 1:33pm

reading the Spider Man book, it seems this would make a good sequel. I really enjoyed Spider Man, so hopefully Rebecca will rise as a Phoenix as well.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

PTOPhan Profile Photo
PTOPhan
#38BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 11/20/13 at 10:53pm

I just noticed DeNada's comment from January 2013 that "the melodramatic atmosphere is the complete antithesis of everything that's popular on Broadway at present." I can think of one melodramatic show that has been running on Broadway for almost 26 years, with dialogue such as this:

"Have you gorged yourself at last in your lust for blood? Am I now to be prey to your lust for flesh?"
"That fate which condemned me to wallow in blood, has also denied me the joys of the flesh."

You alone can make my song take flight.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#39BREAKING NEWS: REBECCA Still Hoping to Make it to Broadway in 2013?
Posted: 11/20/13 at 11:36pm

Maybe they can do a scaled down version at New World Stages.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello