54 Below Seating

chi-town_bwayfangirl
#2554 Below Seating
Posted: 8/10/16 at 3:36pm

Thanks! I gave them a call and let them know the situation - they suggested a bar seat. 

RussT2
#2654 Below Seating
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:22pm

willep said: "He guys, I can't seem to find a seating chart for 54 below, so for someone who has been there, how is the bar seating? Is it any good, or should one try to pay the extra amount for the "main dining" section?
Thanks!
"

Tada! Seating chart link. Have fun. There are no bad seats at 54 BELOW.

https://54below.com/seating/

mpkie
#2754 Below Seating
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:25pm

I noticed they're really inconsistent with how they've done the seating designation and associated pricing. For example, if you look at audience right/stage left, those seats at the "north" end of the long table directly behind the purple Side View Seating tables should really be considered Side View and not Main Dining, since Main Dining costs more and your view is the same, if not worse than the Side View seats right up against the stage. Not to mention, some of those seats are facing the wrong way and you're just crowded for space if you try to turn your chair around. Depending on the act, the two-person booth on audience left/stage right should also be listed as Side View as, at that angle, you're pretty much obstructed by the piano.

Anyway, I love 54 Below, love their performers and their staff, but they've done some weird things with ticket pricing since Feinstein's took it over, where they'll increase prices of the same seats during the on-sale period without ever making that transparent. Like when a show is selling well, they'll just up the price in the middle of the on-sale period than the original advertised pricing. And that's just a shady business practice.

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#2854 Below Seating
Posted: 2/6/17 at 10:22pm

First timer to 54 Below. My husband bought "Ringside" tickets. Do we need to arrive super early? Are our seats guaranteed? Thanks!

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2954 Below Seating
Posted: 2/6/17 at 10:51pm

You will be fine. They only sell as many tickets as they have seats. So nobody else will be able to sit in that area if they didn't pay for those seats. I'd mostly arrive early to enjoy your food before the show starts. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

wonkit
#3054 Below Seating
Posted: 2/7/17 at 10:11pm

Frankly it makes more sense to contact the venue with these kinds of questions than other patrons.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#3154 Below Seating
Posted: 2/7/17 at 10:30pm

I've sat at the bar and bar rail.  The view from the rail is nicer because you're facing the stage, but I actually preferred bar seating.  The bar is a bit cheaper than the rail. You're up on bar stools.  I'm short, so I liked the boost.  Also, If you want a drink during the performance, it's kind of nice, the bartenders are right there. I got myself in a bit of trouble once... I had 3--- which is more than my usual 1 limit and I got shnockered, so being so close to the bar can be dangerous too.  I love it there.  Have fun! 

Melanie73
#3254 Below Seating
Posted: 11/21/17 at 3:28am

Hi everyone,

I just had a few questions about the seating options, if anyone can help.

1. If cost were no issue, and you don't mind socializing with strangers, would you prefer ringside seats or bar rail seats, and why?

2. I noticed that there are two seating charts on their website.  They look very similar, except for one of them, it looks like part of the "main dining room" (toward the back, and some tables toward stage left) is marked as "VIP."  Why is that, and does that area of the venue really make that much of a difference compared to the rest of the main dining area?

Thank you!

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#3354 Below Seating
Posted: 11/21/17 at 7:53pm

1. Bar Rail for me, but this comes down strongly to preference. I'd rather a row or two behind those first Ringside seats, just because I don't personally like being quite that close and having to look up. Some people really like that, though! Hence: preference.
  2. The physical layout is exactly the same, it's just that some higher-priced shows are mapped with additional sections.

Videos