pixeltracker

Cabaret coming back to Broadway?

Cabaret coming back to Broadway?

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#1Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 2:40pm

On the latest Chatterbox with Alan Cumming, Seth asks Alan if he wants to comment on Cabaret coming back and if he'd play the Emcee again. This is the first I heard of it, is this actually coming to New York, maybe for a limited engagement?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#2Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 2:59pm

Every show closes baby that's a fact, But every show that closes some day comes back.

Fosse76
#2Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 3:23pm

I remember there was talk about it within the last few years, but nothing concrete.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 3:29pm

Yeah, there's been revised "talk" about Roundabout bringing it back next season.

ghostlight2
#4Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 4:16pm

, "Seth asks Alan if he wants to comment on Cabaret coming back and if he'd play the Emcee again."

How did Alan respond?

Updated On: 3/11/13 at 04:16 PM

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#5Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 4:32pm

I'd love for it happen with Alan Cumming again.

Or they could bring the production that 5th Avenue did to New York. It was great too!

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#6Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 7:18pm

Yes it is coming back.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#7Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 7:19pm

^
Source?

Matt Rogers
#8Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 7:23pm

Can't say, but it is 150% true and guaranteed, unless Studio 54 is sucked down to hell like Carrie White's house. And even then, they may try to find an alternate space.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#9Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 7:44pm

This is ridiculously exciting. Just to think of how many brilliant actresses working in NY and LA today who could make a brilliant Sally Bowles makes my mouth water. I never got to see the Mendes revival, actually I've never seen CABARET on stage even though it's my favorite film of all time, a first-rate Broadway revival would be so great. Let the casting speculation begin.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#10Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 7:49pm

I absolutely feel your excitement Ray. Words can't even describe how exciting this is for me!! I loooooooooove Cabaret, This better be true!!!!

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#11Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:07pm

Alan didn't give a real answer but he was smiling and all signs pointed to it being true.

Gothampc
#12Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:09pm

I'd love to see Marianne Faithful as Fraulein Schneider.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

all that jazz
#13Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:12pm

I'm not a big fan of hers but do you think they'll try to get Samantha Barks since she already did it in London?

Matt Rogers
#14Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:20pm

You guys know that a certain recent supporting actress winner did a cabaret show at Joe's Pub where she sang a lot of songs from CABARET, right? And now she's bopping all over creation in her little Liza pixie hairdo. I'm just sayin'.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#15Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:22pm

Her being in the show is the one thing that would make me not want to see it.

all that jazz
#16Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:23pm

Anne as Sally!!! Keep enlighting us mysterious man of precious knowledge!!

Matt Rogers
#17Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:25pm

I never said she accepted anything, but one of the authors was in the audience at her Joe's Pub appearance and supposedly loved it.

all that jazz
#18Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:28pm

I really can't picture her Sally. I think the only number I could see her doing is maybe this time.

Matt Rogers
#19Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:29pm

I actually agree with you.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#20Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:30pm

Yes, Anne Hathaway is the most obvious choice given her recent concert and just the striking resemblance she has to Liza. I think she'd be fantastic in the part, actually. However, I'm holding out hope for Nina Arianda or (never gonna happen) Toni Collette, whom I re-watched in VELVET GOLDMINE a couple days ago, I cannot believe she wasn't allowed to play Sally, she'd have been a revelation.
The rumor a few years ago was that Cumming would reprise his Tony-winning performance a la Joel Grey in the 80s revival, is this still the word?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

all that jazz
#21Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:33pm

This video just made change my mind:

http://youtu.be/dtVqjW8-t-c

I'd love to see her Sally!

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#22Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:37pm

Saw a tweet today from someone who said he was auditioning Kander and Ebb with Kander in the room. Could it be for this? Or too soon?

Updated On: 3/11/13 at 08:37 PM

Matt Rogers
#23Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:42pm

Probably too soon. May have been for the Vineyard show.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#24Cabaret coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 3/11/13 at 8:44pm

There's also that Kander & Ebb review coming up soon, right? It could have been that too. Now all we need is a KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN revival and we'll have plenty of Kander & Ebb going around on Broadway.
Oh, and Donna Murphy must play Fraulein Schneider, it's great she has tried to support new musicals for a while now, but it's time to get her to play a role worthy of her talents after the unfortunate fiasco that was PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE.

Videos