Matilda: Balcony?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 5:42pm

So I'm coming to NYC for one night, and I think I want to see Matilda. I know it will win best musical. I want a cheap-ish ticket, but I don't want to gamble with having to do a rush ticket. Is the balcony an okay view? Can I see the back wall of the set from the last row of the balcony or no?

dave1606
#2Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 5:45pm

Balcony is a great view. You won't miss anything. Only thing to worry about it is there are a few poles on the extreme sides that are annoying, but the producers have deemed them to be full view seats. I sat in Row F and while one of those poles was in my vision, I quickly forgot about it and enjoyed the wonderful production. I would definitely go for the balcony seats!

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#2Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 5:49pm

i had second row (seats B 1 and 3) and it was perfect. Paid $62/each with a discount. Saw everything perfect.

Updated On: 4/3/13 at 05:49 PM

WhatIWasBorn2Do Profile Photo
WhatIWasBorn2Do
#3Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 5:57pm

Sat in the last row of Balcony. PERFECT view. Try and sit in the center, and if not possible, in only the first 6 or 8 seats in on the Right/Left sides.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 6:01pm

Wow, Pammy, hope you didn't really pay over a grand for those seats! (or any other!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 6:08pm

Sweet! I'll book them now while they are still fairly cheap!

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#6Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 6:11pm

Haha Dranamama.......typo...fixed!

I am so cheap when it comes to buying tickets, the 62 was like a million dollars to me.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#7Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 6:17pm

I just bought seats for Row G balcony, far right. Still an okay view?

timote316
#8Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/3/13 at 7:34pm

I just bought seats for Row G balcony, far right. Still an okay view?

Yes. I sat on the outside aisle of row H, and it's a great view.

broadwayghost1
#9Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/4/13 at 2:08pm

I am going tonight. Last row of balcony on the outside seat. The ticket was very inexpensive. I've never been to the Shubert Theater before, so I have no idea how the view is from the balcony.

broadwayghost1
#10Matilda: Balcony?
Posted: 4/4/13 at 7:50pm

I'm waiting for the show to start. Who brings a 3 year old to the theater? This little girl is right next to me and already making a scene.