pixeltracker

The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!

The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!

pagageno
#1The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:38pm

TONY - as in Time Out New York - has just posted the Tony nominees it would name if it called the shots. Some controversial calls. See what the real Tony committee will get WRONG on Tuesday.
TONY* Nominees Annnounced

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#2The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:40pm

Deborah Cox from Jekyll and Hyde? Funny!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#2The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:44pm

YAY!!! LAURA OSNES!!!
YAY!!! SANTINO FONTANA!!!
YAY!!! YVONNE STRAHOVSKI!!!
YAY!!! SETH NUMRICH!!!!
YAY!!! GOLDEN BOY!!!!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 4/26/13 at 04:44 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:49pm

I think they are going to find a pretty high percentage of matches with the Tony noms.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#4The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:52pm

LOVE- except, of course, regarding Bertie Carvel--the article must have been written a day or two ago.

broadway guy
#5The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:53pm

OH MY GOD

dramamama611
#6The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 4:58pm

The article specifically says that is makes noms the way they see them....not with what they think will happen, nor that their choices take the ruling into considertation. They specifically mention they put Bertie in featured because that's where they think he should be.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/26/13 at 04:58 PM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#7The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 5:01pm

Ooops. Sorry! I still love it, and I agree that Carvel should be supporting.

corkystclair2
#8The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 5:25pm

The Sound Design for musical category is ridiculous. The MOTOWN nominee isn't even a sound designer and the PIPPIN nominee was fired and replaced weeks ago during previews!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/26/13 at 9:51pm

Hands should have stuck around a little longer.

I wonder when Pippin will jack up their prices. Now after the Tony win or both times?

Poster Emeritus

Showghost
#10The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/27/13 at 1:00pm

Wait, why isn't Gregg Barnes on the Best Costume list?! The entire premise of KINKY BOOTS is based around his designs...

dramamama611
#11The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/27/13 at 3:46pm

No, the premise is an already existing movie...and that movie was based on a true story.

And these aren't ACTUALLY the nominations....I hope you realize.

Updated On: 4/27/13 at 03:46 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#12The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/27/13 at 5:12pm

How could they leave Bette Midler out?
Crazy.
I bet not one of their Featured Actors in a Musical will get a nom (in that category).
Even if Andy Karl should.

Wilmingtom
#13The 2013 TONY* Nominees have been announced!
Posted: 4/27/13 at 6:01pm

I won't be surprised if Midler is left out. It's very close to her own persona, which is a great fit, but they like actors who stretch and this is in no way a stretch for her. And great as Barnes is, Kinky didn't really call upon him to do anything extraordinary other than, arguably, the boots. The drag is rather easy and typical.

Videos