#75Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/9/14 at 11:09pm

Two tears in a bucket.

Mother fvck it.

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#76Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 4:20am

Salvation Arrrrmy! Salvation Arrrrrmeeeee!
Put your nickel in our drum!
Just don't take it up the bum!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#77Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 5:14am

Jesus Christ, Fanty. Jesus Christ. Look, it's great that your particular Catholic school has progressive policies about LGBT folks. That's great. But you're acting as though your experience is the norm, when in fact, when it comes to the larger Catholic Church, it is the exception.

Whether you like it or not, as a Catholic you are a member of an organization responsible for the deaths of millions of people from AIDS, the persecution of women and sexual minorities, the abuse of hundreds of thousands of children, and the stunning accumulation of wealth to name just a few of their crimes. The Catholic Church - despite their lovely hospitals and their shiny new Pontiff of positive PR - is a force for evil in this world. If you choose to ignore that, go right ahead, but don't act as though criticisms of the Catholic Church are coming out of nowhere.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#78Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 6:30am

Isn't the Catholic Church still only down with people being gay if they are also practicing chastity?! You can add as much verbal window dressing as you want to this issue, but tolerance and progressive attitudes towards self-imposed eunuchs is still crazytalk.

This is like when right wing politicians stopped openly saying faggot and instead just made it sound like they were supportive, and we all just had a spirited difference of opinion, etc., even though they didn't change any of their lousy ideas or policies. It just sounded more inclusive.

I'm a recovering Catholic, so I'm not bashing them for pure sport. I was head altar boy (that's not what it meant!) at my church, the whole deal... but at a certain point, you have to decide whether it is worth supporting an organization that, at the end of the day, is still anti-gay by any sane reading.

One standup comic summed up the Catholic position on gays pretty well as "No sex before marriage. No marriage."

Now, there are lovely, supportive people who call themselves Catholic and don't buy into this stuff, but that doesn't mean that at a base level they aren't directly contradicting the larger organization, its teachings, and its policies.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#79Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:58am

DO NOT say bad things about The Catholic Church in this thread! why are you guys CONSTANTLY mean to him?!

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#80Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:14am

I still don't understand that kind of logic, HorseTears. I've grown up Catholic and have been one my entire life, and yet you expect that I am just going to somehow stop being Catholic just because you tell me to. I see all the good that the Catholic Church does and I see my own positive experience. I've never met somebody that has had a negative experience with it, and yet you seem to think that I am some kind of modem of evil because of my religion. Yes, the Catholic Church is not perfect, but my experience with it has been great. This will be the last thing that I will say on the subject, but I really don't think it is fair to say that my entire beliefs are corrupt, evil, and wrong, and expect me to just magically do something about it. I don't expect you, HorseTears, to magically become Catholic just because I have a positive experience, so why would it be fair the other way around.

For the record, I am done trying to convince you that the Catholic Church does more good than bad, that's not going to happen because you already have your set ways. I am trying to say that I don't understand the blatant disrespect for a different belief system and yet you claim "equality" or whatever, just not for people with a different belief system, apparently.

And Jordan...I said rude, not mean, and you are the only person I addressed.
Updated On: 12/10/14 at 10:14 AM

Jordan Catalano
#81Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:29am

Whatever. Hopefully Sister Ruler-Slapper takes your phone so you'll be forced to pay attention in school and stop posting here all day.

And please find me where someone (ANYONE) told you to stop being catholic. Have you ever NOT been the victim, Fanny?

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#82Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:31am

School hasn't started yet, and I never post from my phone.

Roscoe
#83Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:34am

Stephen Fry puts it all very well, as usual:

Mr. Fry Demolishes The Catholic Church

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jordan Catalano
#84Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:37am

Roscoe, you're bullying Fantod. Did you not know that disagreement with kids these days is the same thing as bullying?

Roscoe
#85Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:41am

But Fantod is bullying me by being wilfully and persistently a Catholic person, supporting a hateful mass-murdering AIDS spreading "religion."

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jordan Catalano
#86Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:42am

Now you're just constantly bullying him. CONSTANTLY.

Roscoe
#87Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:44am

Well, now Fantod knows how it feels to belong to a mis-represented minority. If Fantod doesn't like it, Fantod can join all the other "Nice Religious Folks Who Aren't All Bigoted Assh*les" and start a movement -- they can have parades, do marches in DC, sell T-shirts, make movies, all those things other minorities have done to get their point across.

Jordan Catalano
#88Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:48am

You're asking a Millennial to not feel victimized and do something to benefit someone other than themselves?

Good luck with that.

Jordan Catalano
#89Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:49am

And Fantod - before you cry "VICTIM! VICTIM!" Just remember you made this all about you. Nobody else did that.

Roscoe
#90Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:51am

This whole glorified fantasy-football league called Organized Religion has just gotten way out of hand.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#91Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 12:20pm

"...because you already have your set ways."

Says the one set in their ways...

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Jordan Catalano
#92Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:38pm

If you're a Christian and set in your ways, you're an exemplary moral person. But if you're not religious and set in your ways, you're an intolerant bully.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#93Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:44pm

I'm still curious about the school-mandated QSA.

Jordan Catalano
#94Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:45pm

He never stated what QSA exactly means in his church...I mean "school".

FindingNamo
#95Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:46pm

Me too. I don't believe even believe it exists. Unless it's a celibacy support group.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#96Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:55pm

How can it exist? Wouldn't it be advocating "behavior" that is believed to be an abomination?

Dogma. Gotta love it.

....but the world goes 'round

Jordan Catalano
#97Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 1:58pm

I wish I could have gone to a "school" that constantly told me I was going to hell. I would have supported them, too!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#98Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:04pm

"For the record, I am done trying to convince you that the Catholic Church does more good than bad, that's not going to happen because you already have your set ways."

I like how proof is just our "set ways."

I mean, the pedophilia scandal alone would seem to be a cause for a bit of humility. Or is that just part of if you don't encounter the pedophilia personally, how can you really add it to the mix of how you see the church overall?

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#99Salvation Army says -Gays Need to Be Put to Death-
Posted: 12/10/14 at 2:06pm

I too went to a Catholic school, was an altar boy, etc. - the whole bit - so I do empathize with Fantod's Stockholm Syndrome.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$