LOOKING

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#25LOOKING
Posted: 1/18/14 at 3:38pm

That would mean I would've gotten a screener. Unless there was a screener leak or HBO put it on YouTube like they did for the Girls premiere, and honestly this work week for me put me through a ringer and the Oscars kept me distracted so I didn't really look, I am just going to watch it on my DVR.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26LOOKING
Posted: 1/18/14 at 4:03pm

The gay media will never be happy with a gay show because then they'd have nothing to complain about.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

larrystyles Profile Photo
larrystyles
#27LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 1:15am

a show set in San Francisco with no POC? guess this trash is exactly like Girls

Updated On: 1/19/14 at 01:15 AM

FindingNamo
#28LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 2:06am

Once again, an actor like Frankie J. Alvarez is invisibilized in order to make an untrue point true.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

larrystyles
#29LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 2:11am

well he's a white latino so

FindingNamo
#30LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 2:19am

so… one of the leads being played by a Cuban-American equals "no people of color"?

larrystyles
#31LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 3:02am

not when they're white

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#32LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 6:43am

Didn't realize this was Andrew Haigh. Loved Weekend.

I wouldn't say it's the best movie about gay men ever made.... not while there's La Cage Aux Folles, Capote, Victim, My Beautiful Laundrette, The Wedding Banquet, Brokeback Mountain, Farewell my Concubine, and, at the top of the list, Law of Desire, and.... and...

Well, ok, I'd say Weekend is in the top nine.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#33LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 7:36am

I have never understood where the term peen came from.

Same place vag came from, I would assume.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 11:29am

"guess this trash is exactly like Girls"

Or it's not and you're just jumping to a conclusion based on little evidence.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#35LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 12:09pm

All the reviews I saw note the show's not as clunky in showing its diversity like Girls was admittedly guilty of in the early goings.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#36LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 12:10pm

Most of the review I've read say that it really shouldn't even be compared to Girls.

FindingNamo
#37LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 12:21pm

From an interview with Alexandra Cavallo.

AC: I’ve read some complaints on the Internet along the lines of, ‘Here’s another show about white gay, privileged men, etc.’ — and it’s funny because you’re not even white…

Frankie J. Alvarez: It’s a little bizarre, because it feels like people are making a rash judgement based on a one-minute-and-a-half-long trailer. Murray [Bartlett] and Jonathan [Groff] are white and Russell Tovey is British, but me and O.T. [Fagbenle] and the guy who plays Owen [Andrew Law] and his girlfriend are all different minorities, so you’ll see it’s a pretty diverse cast.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#38LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 2:37pm

larrystyles--who appointed you Color Decider?

Frankie Alvarez certainly didn't.

How about Raul Castillo? Will you allow him to be a person of color?

Will you allow him to be a person at all?

And what about O-T Fagbenle? I'm not sure what color he is but I like him.

Am I allowed to like him?

Updated On: 1/20/14 at 02:37 PM

FindingNamo
#39LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 11:20pm

I'm all in.

I love Dom. I over-relate him to Michael Tolliver.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#40LOOKING
Posted: 1/19/14 at 11:44pm

Like you, Namo, I had my reservations about the show. And also like you, I'm all in! At least for now. Glad I decided to give it a chance. Really liked the tone of the pilot! Found the characters to be likable and believable. It left me wanting more, which is always a good thing.

Updated On: 1/20/14 at 11:44 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#41LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:00am

I'm surprised how much I liked it. And there are people of color and people of hair and people of age and the writing is smart and and the performers are sexy and funny and sweet.

Updated On: 1/20/14 at 12:00 AM

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#42LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:06am

"And there are people of color and people of hair..."

Let's hear it for the Bears! Woof!

Updated On: 1/20/14 at 12:06 AM

FindingNamo
#43LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:10am

There are people who are living tumblrs, which is exactly what my fantasy of contemporary San Francisco tells me it should be.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#44LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:32am

I thought it was so dull. I didn't find it contemptible or anything, just dull. I'll give the next episode a shot. Jonathan Groff's character is coming off as too much of a naïf to me.

I have been on that date before, though, where it's going great and then you say something that makes the guy do a complete 180.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#45LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:37am

I liked it; I'll definitely keep watching and give it a shot. I thought the actors were all way better than the material though.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#46LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:45am

This didn't seem like the first episode of a show because nothing really happened. I agree that it was dull as dishwater. Honestly couldn't relate to a single thing happening in the show. I actually wish people on dates were as honest as that doctor.

It was nice to see Tanner Cohen although I wouldn't have minded seeing more of him. One question I have is how the guy on the Muni was supposed to come off. I found him to be incredibly creepy and unattractive. Never would I have gone to the club he worked at but rather just let him stalk that doctor who rebuffed him.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

FindingNamo
#47LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 12:58am

Yeah a complicated three way with a newly about to cohabitate couple, which may be based on financial necessity more than romantic connection, and a third guy one of them might or might not have been into didn't happen at all.

A bad first date definitely didn't happen. There was no double bachelor party, that's for sure. A guy totally didn't give somebody who was hitting on him somebody else's business card. There was definitely not cruising in a park.

You're right. Absolutely nothing happened.

#48LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 8:02am

I found it boring and dull

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#49LOOKING
Posted: 1/20/14 at 9:18am

And terrific performance by Matthew Wilkas in the role of Jonathan Groff's awful-date doctor.

Videos