pixeltracker

An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow- Page 12

An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#275An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:54pm

In the judicial system. But it's been bumped to the public and opened forever.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 2/6/14 at 09:54 PM

FindingNamo
#276An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 9:56pm

I heard there was a Vanity Fair article from the early '90s that was a real bombshell, but somebody doesn't want the public to see it because there is no trace of it anywhere.

I hate myself for doing it, but I clicked on the People article. Seems like one of the reasons Dylan wrote the open letter was because she was disappointed that when the Orth article in the more recent Vanity Fair came out, all anybody wanted to talk about was the fact that Ronan might be Frank Sinatra's son.

Meanwhile, over at Salon, Katie McDonough (described in her bio line as "an assistant editor for Salon, focusing on lifestyle," keeps the syllogistic article by my bête noire AARON BADY (hi Google Alerts!) alive as she calls Stephen King "abhorrent" for not responding exactly the way she thinks he should and so therefore rape culture, blah blah blah.

That piece of merde article will not die. Why is somebody focused on "lifestyle" even promoting it? Oh, and what King did that was so abhorrent was point out, accurately, that Bady's piece was bitchy. But to the lifestyle focuser, that's EXACTLY THE SAME AS DENYING THE COMPLETE TRUTH OF EVERYTHING DYLAN FARROW SAYS.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 2/6/14 at 09:56 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#277An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:09pm

Clearly, you're guilty of engaging in...

...Grape Culture.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#278An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:09pm

FindingNamo
#279An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:18pm

Mia handed Woody this Valentine in '92. ALLEGEDLY.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#280An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:24pm

"But it's been bumped to the public and opened forever. "

Forever? That's a mighty long time. I can just see in the future - people rocketing to Mars and arguing whether Woody Allen was an abuser or not. haha

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#281An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:29pm

Will Ronan's MSNBC show trigger more "exclusives" from Dylan in other media?

larrystyles Profile Photo
larrystyles
#282An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:34pm

A former Obama speechwriter and Ronan's rumored boyfriend is going crazy on twitter. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/jonlovett

FindingNamo
#283An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:41pm

Good lord.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#284An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:52pm

That pudgy mess had Sinatra-rumored sperm on him?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#285An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:53pm

It's weird when someone goes from tweeting about how iTunes is confusing to becoming a prosecutor on a child molestation case without any segue.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 2/6/14 at 10:53 PM

FindingNamo
#286An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/6/14 at 11:02pm

It's like a group of people are not getting EXACTLY THE OUTCOME THEY WANTED but they have yet to articulate what that outcome is.

larrystyles Profile Photo
larrystyles
#287An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 12:17am

. Updated On: 2/7/14 at 12:17 AM

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#289An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:24pm

Does anyone know where I can find that obscure Vanity Fair article from 1992?

ghostlight2
#290An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:28pm

Am I reading this wrong or is Allen referring to himself in the third person in this paragraph?

"Could it be any clearer? Mr. Allen did not abuse Dylan; most likely a vulnerable, stressed-out 7-year-old was coached by Mia Farrow. This conclusion disappointed a number of people. The district attorney was champing at the bit to prosecute a celebrity case, and Justice Elliott Wilk, the custody judge, wrote a very irresponsible opinion saying when it came to the molestation, “we will probably never know what occurred.” "

FindingNamo
#291An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:46pm

No. Quotation marks were put in the wrong place.

ghostlight2
#292An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:52pm

Who is being quoted, then? It does not sound like the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital quote is being continued from the previous paragraph.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#293An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:54pm

Interesting that Mia refused to take a lie detector test.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#294An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 9:54pm

I think he was just relaying what was in the report, albeit clumsily.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ghostlight2
#295An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 10:33pm

^^^ If that's true, then he is referring to himself in the third person. That paragraph is very strange. It's as if it is out of place. The man's a writer, ffs.

Interesting that the "expert opinion [bolding mine] that Dylan was not sexually abused by Mr. Allen" in the 4th paragraph becomes "there was no equivocation about the fact [bolding mine] that no abuse had taken place" later in the piece.

Updated On: 2/7/14 at 10:33 PM

FindingNamo
#296An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 10:36pm

The Times still has editors, no?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#297An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 10:42pm

They used to.

FindingNamo
#298An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 10:47pm

I know other papers don't. But I thought the Times still had one or two.

ghostlight2
#299An Open Letter from Dylan Farrow
Posted: 2/7/14 at 10:54pm

I'm not sure what your point is. All I'm saying is the paragraph makes no sense where it is placed. If it's a misplaced quotation mark, where does the quotation mark belong and who is being quoted? There's no way the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital said any of that - and if they did, they are hardly being impartial.

I'd think a piece as important as this one would have been very carefully reviewed before releasing.

Updated On: 2/7/14 at 10:54 PM

Videos