Encores 2015 Season?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#1Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/9/14 at 8:49pm

Usually it is announced end of May. Anyone have any idea what they are possibly doing? Love to see My Fair Lady with Laura Benanti! Hope they announce soon!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#2Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 2:41pm

I'm also puzzled by the lack of an announcement. Maybe they'll wait until after the Off-Center series is over to announce this year.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 3:08pm

I thought they usually announced it in August, but it appears that they did announce this most recent season in May of 2013.
I'm hoping this is finally the year for Darling of the Day.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 6/10/14 at 03:08 PM

SidebySidebyLogan Profile Photo
SidebySidebyLogan
#3Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 4:38pm

I was actually wondering earlier today if Pacific Overtures or Saturday Night would be something they might consider? Probably not for 2015 as I feel like they've had a clump of Sondheim shows within the past 5-7 years but they're 2 I'd like to see/hear more often.

Wilmingtom
#4Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 4:54pm

50th Anniversary Plain and Fancy.

Jarethan
#5Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 5:00pm

I think any of the following would be great, all of which I have seen:
Hallelujah Baby -- under appreciated score with several show-stoppers
Darling of the Day -- a wonderful score, also by Jule Styne...this is probably the best mega-flop I have ever seen...
The first act would need a little tightening
Drat! The Cat! -- saw this too...it has a very enjoyable score
Over Here -- just a really fun show with a very enjoyable score
The Happy Time -- saw a production a few years ago and confirmed once again a very good score
I Love My Wife -- probably too dated overall, but a very enjoyable show with a terrific Cy Coleman score
The Grand Tour -- a very enjoyable Jerry Herman score

And, given the speed with which it is not getting to Broadway, could always have a pretend Encores of The Visit

JayG  2 Profile Photo
JayG 2
#6Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 5:04pm

Well, I heard DO I HEAR A WALTZ, ZORBA and, I think, Lady Be Good

matineeidol2591
#7Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 9:16pm

Cabin in the Sky and Little Johnny Jones are in talks, I believe.

Owen22
#8Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 9:19pm

"I Love My Wife". Fantastic choice!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 10:08pm

All good choices.

Hoping for Waltz and Zorba

Poster Emeritus

Rinaldo
#10Encores 2015 Season?
Posted: 6/10/14 at 10:32pm

"I was actually wondering earlier today if Pacific Overtures or Saturday Night would be something they might consider?"

Not Saturday Night, as they have in a sense already done it. Its Second Stage production was directed & choreographed by Kathleen Marshall and conducted by Rob Fisher -- they were the Encores directors at the time -- and its cast included some of the cast of the then-recent Babes in Arms there. I always consider it a "stepchild of Encores" production.