BIG BROTHER 16

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#100BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/5/14 at 10:05am

Isn't this week a double elimination week or something? How is that going to work?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#101BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/5/14 at 10:24am

I'm supposing once the first elimination happens, they are going to switch to a single HOH.

Updated On: 8/9/14 at 10:24 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#102BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 12:11am

BIG BROTHER 16

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#103BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 8:34am

^Thank you for that.

Poor Nicole. I kind of wanted her to win. I hate Christine. The women in this season have played a really awful game.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#104BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 10:11am

BIG BROTHER 16

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#105BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 12:54pm

He looks like he's gotten bigger (no complaints!) since his underwear modeling days.

Erik, I wouldn't count Nicole out yet. If the past two Big Brothers After Dark are any indication, it's still anybody's game.

degrassifan
#106BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 1:32pm

Big Brother After Dark was so GOOD last night!!!!!

ArtMan
#107BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/9/14 at 6:17pm

Degrassifan, how do you watch it? I tuned in last week and for 20 minutes it was just Donny, Derik, and Hayden chewing and eating. The most interesting aspect was Cody asleep in the bed. I couldn't sleep, but after 20 minutes of that...I went right to bed.

ArtMan
#108BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/10/14 at 11:33pm

As much as I can't stand Frankie, he deserved that win. From what I had read on the BB websites, many were saying that production manipulated the contest, to keep him in the game. After watching, that was far from the truth.

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#109BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/11/14 at 1:22am

Caleb should have played if he wanted to throw the game. Not sit out.

Frankie says his last card to play is to tell them who his sister is. How does that help his game? And I'm pretty sure a lot of those guys wont even know who she is.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#110BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/11/14 at 10:45am

I was thinking that he should have gotten up and tried to stop Frankie from doing it on his own if he really wanted to make sure he lost.

Frankie's revelation about his sister was all over Big Brother After Dark on Friday. I think it was Friday. Maybe it was Thursday. Either way - SPOILERS AHEAD - the reaction is a mix of "Oh, that's cool" and "Oh, who cares?" Frankie does try to frame it like coming clean absolves him of everything. Frankie gives a speech, first to Derrick, Cody, Caleb, and Zach and then later to the girls (and it's pretty much word for word the same speech). The speech goes over a lot better with the girls than the guys. Caleb is now obsessed with getting with Frankie's sister, because she's a famous singer and he once auditioned for The Voice. Derrick tells him it's not gonna happen. The girls are more starstruck over it. The guys (Derrick, Zach, and maybe Cody, I can't remember) believe Frankie but think it's dumb that he thinks that the info should give him any clout in the game. Zach was really pissed at Frankie for trying to get him out (though Frankie denied that), but as of last night it looks like they mostly patched things up. Both have sworn they are no longer talking about the game to anyone.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#111BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/11/14 at 3:23pm

Yes, Caleb could have done much more damage by playing, It's easier not having to communicate in that kind of game. Of course, it likely wasn't obvious at the beginning. Could the supposed "manipulation" be NOT allowing Caleb to rejoin to thwart his success? Has there ever been another player that simply refused to participate?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#112BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/11/14 at 10:23pm

Could the supposed "manipulation" be NOT allowing Caleb to rejoin to thwart his success?

It could be. There was a HUGE chunk of time on BBAD on Thursday when Caleb was the only one in the house. I wonder if the producers made him go back in the house at some point, but editing made it look like he sat there the whole time. It was what, 11 central time when I saw that? That competition went on forever.

Even Victoria is on to Frankie! She could float to the end.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#113BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 9:10am

Frankie was extremely lucky that the challenge was actually easier for one person to do than two. That, and Caleb is simply terrible at strategy. How on earth would telling people about his sister help Frankie's game in any way? It really seems like he was just dying to tell people who his sister is. I liked Frankie in the beginning, but he's just gotten more annoying over time. He got way too comfortable with his position in the house and lied to too many people too quickly. The fewer people in the house only means they are going to be talking to each other more often, especially when their only allies get voted out. Things were bound to blow up on Frankie, especially after he talked to Nicole. That was a really stupid move.

Victoria seems to be wise to a lot more than the producers are letting on to the viewers. She's been voting with Derrick's alliance and after the last eviction, at the end of the episode, Derrick was clearly talking strategy with her. Then the cameras suddenly cut away from their conversation and showed some useless banal chatter. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Victoria in the final four or even the finale.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#114BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 9:19am

Victoria and Derrick were talking some strategy on Big Brother After Dark last night.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#115BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 10:31am

I'm still obsessed with Victoria and her hair extensions. Apparently they are the clip-on kind, which probably explains why she always has that clump of bobby pins in her hair. She takes them out before she showers and carries them in a bag into the shower. There was also something on the live feeds (that I read about, but didn't see) where she had them out and her hair is apparently shoulder length and normal looking. She still hasn't spilled the beans on what made her lose her hair in the first place, but Victoria's hair is my favorite subplot of the summer.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#116BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 10:50am

Anything Victoria-related is my favorite subplot this season.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#117BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:27pm

Zach acts like Simon Rex in "Scary Movie 3"...

ArtMan
#118BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 6:48pm

Do you notice Victoria after she votes and is about to leave the diary room? There must be a mirror in there or close to it. She is always looking at herself, before she exits.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#119BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 7:01pm

Wasn't there something said at the very beginning about Victoria being an Orthodox Jew? Maybe the hair has something to do with that....I know married Orthodox women wear wigs...as only their husbands are suppose to see their hair.

(or something like that)

Of course, I can be hallucinating about both her being Orthodox AND the wig thing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#120BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 11:41pm

You're right, she did say something about being Orthodox or nearly Orthodox, because I thought something similar at first. Even before her extensions took over my life, I thought her hair looked a little wiggy and was wondering was was going on there. I really want to imagine there's Diary Room footage out there from when the time the house voted out Amber where everyone is talking about their game and they cut to Victoria, who says, "All I know is that she asked me for the THIRD time today if I had extensions. Amber, you have GOT to go."

She did one time say that she was better at Hebrew than English, so props to her, because she speaks better English than any other language I have tried to learn.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#121BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/12/14 at 11:52pm

Did you see her holding hands with Cody on the way to the BoB? I immediately thought of this gif.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#122BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/13/14 at 9:01am

I've really been trying to avoid BBAD because it's on so late and I really don't need that in my life but I was sucked in last night. This should be good for my insomnia.
This is the first season of BB I've ever watched. I used to think it was stupid. Now I think it's stupid but I'm obsessed with it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#123BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/13/14 at 9:13am

I was just saying last night when it comes to Big Brother, I'm like those people who grew up without TV who then grow up to be people who can't not look at a TV every time they are around one. I didn't watch Big Brother for 16 years and now that I am I watching it I cannot think about anything else.

BBAD is so hit or miss. I almost never watch it live unless I'm up and can't sleep.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#124BIG BROTHER 16
Posted: 8/13/14 at 9:23am

My DVR is so full I can't commit to recording it.
Are past seasons available on Hulu? Not that I need that in my life either.