pixeltracker

PROJECT RUNWAY Season 13- Page 4

PROJECT RUNWAY Season 13

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#75So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 1:11pm

I agree...but clearly, she's utterly polarizing. Which is going to make for an intensely fun season!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#76So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 1:14pm

I'll read Tlo's piece in a while, Robbie. thanks!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

blueroses
#77So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 5:21pm

I thought the army green jacket was fabulous--especially the sleeves. The challenge itself was a disappointment to me. It just had a very bleak, dreary overtone. Hated Sandhya's dress last night, but I think she has a lot of talent. Her initial showcase on Road to the Runway was just exquisite, and she has the potential to pull off a stunning show at Bryant Park. It's still early, though.

Robbie, I LIVE FOR Tom and Lorenzo--especially the Mad Men recaps. Thanks to them I recognize "Peggy's power colors" right away!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#78So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 6:53pm

Robbie, I loved Tlo's site. Will check it often!

As for Amanda, she seems to have the attitude and behavior of someone on the judges, or "inside" crew, rather than one of the competitors. Like she thinks she's superior to them, not part of them. Her little palsy comments to Tim and the judges.

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#79So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 8:22pm

Most of the designers didn't seem too optimistic about the future.

The second win for Sandhya was deserved. I wasn't living for it, but I thought it was innovative and had color.

Korina needs to get over it. Maybe if she was embracing her heritage and bringing it to the competition the way Sandhya is, she'd be winning some challenges too.

It was time for Angela to go home. I think she's talented but Tim hit the nail right on the head when he said she wouldn't be able to 'thrive in that kind of environment.'

I don't want to push it but I can already see Emily and Sandhya going to fashion week.

Amanda can't cut the mustard. She's just not a designer. Seamstress maybe. Designer no. Time for her to go home, too.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#80So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/8/14 at 10:53pm

Team Sandhya here.

I get her now and really respond to the intellect that goes into her designs, not that I'm particularly smart. I'm struck by her willingness to dispense with both the patriarchy of her homeland and the political correctness which is sometimes shoved down the throats of those of us in the west. I give her major kudos for suggesting that a strong woman of the future will not have to dress in softened menswear to be taken seriously.

There's an interesting conflict taking place in her head between the old world and the new which manifests itself in her designs. After all this is an otherwise modern woman who entered an arranged marriage with a man while many of her contemporaries either scoff at the notion of marriage, relish their freedom or lament that it's not available to all couples regardless of orientation. She's attempting to advance women's fashion and liberation alike without sublimating women into hardened male-like-creatures-with-tits.

I'm done with the post-apocalyptic unisex dystopia of the future that many of the designers posit through fashion each season.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#81So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/9/14 at 9:30am

To be honest, this time I was dead shocked that Sandhya won. I actually like her dress, but the Ewok outfit was just miles ahead in my opinion. I actually detested the other one, I liked the jacket but I haaaated the cut of the slip underneath. Looked like unflattering lingerie.

Angela definitely deserved to go home. I was surprised that Sean was in the bottom, but I didn't realise how sloppy the sewing was. The bottom two were right, though. Alexander's was maybe even worse, but I feel that he is a better designer, and that saved him.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#82So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 7:53am

OMG...did HE actually suggest in his version of English that if talent had been the deciding factor someone else would have been eliminated. He sent a model down the runway in one of the tackiest pieces ever presented on that show. All I could see was the giant V that pointed to his model's hoohah.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#83So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 9:11am

well, call me an Amanda fan now.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#84So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 9:44am

Amanda really created something gorgeous last night!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#85So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 9:56am

I disagreed with Amanda's prior win, but last night's was well-deserved. Hernan will not be missed.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#86So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 11:32am

TLo does NOT approved. I agree with their choice of what should have won. It was a terrific look.
TLo

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#87So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 4:47pm

I'm assuming everyone here as well thought something of the V. As it came down the runway I knew the comments would be vagina related just wish Michael Kors was there to hear his comment.

I liked Amanda the last time she was on the show and same this time.

I also think Korina didn't like the other biker jacket and was hoping others were going to side with her when she brought it up but when they all loved it she went along with them.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

AEA AGMA SM
#88So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/15/14 at 5:40pm

I have no real issues with the choices this week. So far they are weeding out the designers I haven't really cared for (either their aesthetic or personality), with the exception of Carrie (I was fairly neutral on her). I hope Mitchell will be going soon. Mila summed him up very well in her blog on the Lifetime website: "Mitchell has taste issues again; it seems that in every challenge he only does slutty club dresses and talks crap about everyone else’s designs." He'll probably stick around a while longer due to producer intervention, but I will be absolutely shocked if he makes it to the final handful of challenges, let alone Fashion Week.

I'm guessing there were some construction issues that kept Kini from winning this week. To me it looked as if there was something funky going on with the hemline, not major, but something just a tiny bit off that he could have corrected during all his down time he was bragging about having.

I found it amusing that somebody called one of the other outfits Hunger Games inspired when to me Alexander's was totally Hunger Games, right down to the styling that made his model look like one of Jennifer Lawrence's stand-ins in Catching Fire. However, that's not to say I didn't like it, and I'm glad to see him make a comeback like that, after his Planet of the Apes debacle last week. (Yes, I know that was his second, last minute attempt to save himself, but he put himself in that position in the first place with some poor fabric choices from the outset).

BobbyBubbi
#89So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/16/14 at 3:21am

I agree, Mitchell's gotta go.

I'll eat my words for what I said about Amanda last week. She really turned it out this time.

I'm living for Sandhya. Firstly for her design, secondly for flipping off Hernan (for calling her a bitch) in the middle of the runway show.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#90So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 6:04am

There is a Higher Power after all!

Dude was arguably one of the worst designers in the show's history.

And the decision to allow the designers to return to Mood will clearly be the catalyst for much drama behind the scenes going forward.

This episode appears to bring about a watershed moment this season. Even with my untrained eye, I can now detect the designers with a vision and refined aesthetic versus the tailors & seamstresses. I sense that Heidi, Zac and Nina are starting to respond positively to the work of Kini, Amanda, Emily, Fade, Sandhya, Samantha and Sean (finally), in no particular order.

Sean's true ability is starting to come to life. Even though he was on the bottom last week, he made a model look hot in a skirt made from a hideous man's corduroy suit from the 80s.

To me, Fade is the dark horse this season. His garments are impeccably tailored, fabric choices unpredictable yet not jarring, and aesthetic not gimmicky like Sandhya's nor one note like Amanda's.

Char strikes me as a bubbly self-taught designer similar to Daniel E. but her garments all look a bit like the Simplicity patterns that my mom and aunts used when I was a kid. They lack a wow factor.

Finally, while Zac and Nina seem enthralled by Sandhya, I sense that Heidi is cooling on her work. The eastern influence is intriguing up to a point. Hopefully she'll strike the right balance in the coming weeks.

I swear watching this show has made a much better software developer. I have a much keener eye now to the balance between form and function.

Updated On: 8/24/14 at 06:04 AM

BobbyBubbi
#91So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 7:20am

I loved Sean's fringe dress, but I don't know if it's appropriate for the event.

But if anyone can work fringe on a red carpet, its Heidi.

Even with the extra trip to mood, I thought this episode was a bit of a snooze. No one stepped up and made something spectacular or bold. I agree that Fäde is the dark horse but he needs to bump up the taste level. I liked the proportion but the print was very dated. Glad Sandhya made a new dress but even then after all the work and extra money, it was still very one note.

Char's been sneaking in under the radar, but I think she's next to be out.

Updated On: 8/24/14 at 07:20 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#92So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 9:25am

I think the producers saw that 80% of the people in the workroom were creating awful looks so they sent them back to Mood so that Heidi didn't end up having to wear something hideous on the red carpet.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#93So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 9:58am

I saw a clip of her on the red carpet at that event, and she rocked the dress. She twirled around and the fringe spread out and looked absolutely stunning. She was very pleased when she announced who had made the dress, too.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#94So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 10:44am

Robbie, thanks for recommending the Tom & Lorenzo blog. Their latest Project Runway posting, entitled Project Runway: The “Pretend Heidi Has Taste” Challenge, and featuring several photos of the tacky creations Heidi has worn on the red carpet, was just perfect!

Although I didn't care for her design on the most recent episode, I have to say I love Amanda. She seems to be a woman with... all the right screws loose, if you know what I mean. I bet she's a hoot at a dinner party.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#95So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 7:20pm

Amanda reminds me of a lady I used to date several years ago who was a complete stonerSo PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow

I really dig her hippy-chic bohemian vibe just don't know if it would translate into a viable collection, based on my limited knowledge of the trade. I felt that her gown would have looked better on a model with a darker skin tone, without that thingamajig running down the front.

Now onto Miss Klum...the white elephant in the room has always been some of the cra-cra stuff that she's rocked on the show. I mean Alyssa Milano's pieces on that lil' spinoff were often ill-fitting for her body type but some of the stuff that Heidi comes out in is just fugly. She's clearly the star so her handlers are most likely reluctant to hint that several of her fashion choices have been questionable. A few of the really catty ladies with whom I work tune in each week to see just how hideously dressed Heidi will appear, their assessment not mine.

My only observations concerning Heidi's appearance on the show is that she has a slightly boxy shape and the previous episode's separates made her look even boxier. And something about that face shows telltale signs of at least one procedure though I'm told she's still denying going under the knife. Finally, her boobs are noticeably smaller this season. Regardless, she's still hellasexy.

ETA: Amanda had immunity so as folks in the hood say, she decided to bite off Sandhya style-wise for this challenge.

Updated On: 8/24/14 at 07:20 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#96So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 7:27pm

re: Heidi. Yes, she is/was a top model but I have to agree with many who think she has no taste in clothes, and I'm even going to say she doesn't look well in what she wears. anyway.

Amanda - I like what she's turning out but I always wonder if some of these contestants go with what's trending in order to do well. I say that because all the brochures I'm getting in the mail, and the stores I pass in the city, are showing the bohemian look this season. It's ubiquitous. So I'm not sure if Amanda's designs are really unique.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#97So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 7:32pm

So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#98So PROJECT RUNWAY Starts Tomorrow
Posted: 8/24/14 at 7:41pm

And she has the nerve to pass judgment.

BobbyBubbi
#99Carwash.
Posted: 8/24/14 at 9:49pm