pixeltracker

BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!- Page 7

BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#151BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 6/30/16 at 11:02am

_IrisTInkerbell said: "I just thought it was funny that opinions went so far apart."

Likewise, I'm finding your chronic references to bread to be kind of endearing:

_IrisTInkerbell said: "[...]Alice just wasn't that type roll." wink

Updated On: 6/30/16 at 11:02 AM

_IrisTInkerbell
#152BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 6/30/16 at 5:20pm

Funny, funny. Never made a typo before?

(also not a native speaker, btw... although I do know how to spell that and not sure what happened there)

Owen22
#153BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/6/16 at 8:36pm

I'm surprised no one is reacting to the fact that Kevin McKidd is playing Ed Earl Dodd.  Ed Earl in the play is not Burt Reynolds. He's a much older man and Ms Mona has been "seeing" him off and on since she herself was a teenage hooker. She's in love with him and the play builds to a gorgeous scene where she asks him where he was when Kennedy was shot.  She knows, she was with him. But Ed Earl has an old man's memory, he remembers something completely different.  This is their last meeting. She says something like, "That's right, Ed Earl" and it breaks your heart. I had assumed James Naughton was playing Ed Earl when the cast was announced.

Updated On: 7/6/16 at 08:36 PM

broadwayboy223
#154BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/6/16 at 8:52pm

So I'm pretty confused. Is Kristin doing this or Tammy Faye? Also i thought Megan Hilty said she was involved with Tammy Faye recently too.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#155BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/6/16 at 11:32pm

Kristin is doing this, confirmed, and Megan is currently involved with Tammy Faye, replacing Kristin, as of the last reading, confirmed.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#156BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/6/16 at 11:45pm

Is this pretty much gearing up to announce an opening this season?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#157BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/7/16 at 12:22am

McKidd is one of the leads on GREY'S so it'll be interesting to see if he is still involved should this go to production. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

broadwayboy223
#158BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/7/16 at 1:24am

CindersGolightly said: "Kristin is doing this, confirmed, and Megan is currently involved with Tammy Faye, replacing Kristin, as of the last reading, confirmed.

"

Well in the article today by BWW Kristin mentioned both projects so does she not know that she was replaced or is she still deciding?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#159BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/7/16 at 6:24am

With Hilty's upcoming projects in television, I wouldn't be surprised if she won't be involved in the future, but even so, I'm sure Kristin has a refusal for Tammy Faye? Perhaps. Plus, we all know readings mean nothing. All I know for sure is that Megan did the most recent reading, and she said "Who knows what'll happen there." when asked if she'd be returning to Broadway soon during her AOL Build interview.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

_IrisTInkerbell
#160BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 7/7/16 at 10:34am

Cinders, where your confirmation come from?

Kristin literally just did an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that came out yesterday, where she said she is attached to both Whorehouse and Tammy Faye, and that is it a matter of timing (click).

Quote: "I think there is financing in place (for Whorehouse) and I think it has to be a decision we can make and I have another show that I’m involved with about Tammy Faye Bakker. It’s all about timing. [...] We are waiting on our latest and newest draft (of Tammy Faye). I expect that August 1."

Tammy Faye is written FOR Kristin, she was involved with it from the very beginning, and I think she is the reason the project exists. So I doubt she could just be kicked out of the project by anybody but her deciding not to do it.

I feel like Megan would have stepped in for just the reading when Kristin couldn't work into her schedule. The same thing happened with I Am Anne Hutchinson. Sierra Bogess did a workshop for that down in DC but Kristin was always going to do the world premiere. And Megan's AOL Build interview was weeks ago, while the THR interview came out yesterday.

Btw, IF Whorehouse moves forward with Kristin I highly doubt it will be this season. Kristin has a LOT concert dates scheduled all the way through May '17, many of them in Feb and March, and they are all concerts that are part of subscription series so they couldn't easily be canceled of rescheduled. I think next season would be more likely, but she has been attached to Tammy Faye for so long, I think this is her priority if they could both go ahead at the same time...

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#161BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 6/29/17 at 12:30pm

A year ago today, I shared this new about the reading...

Kristin Chenoweth is starring in a reading of this today, led by Ashford. In addition to Chenoweth as Miss Mona Stangley, the all-star lineup also includes Christopher Sieber as Melvin P. Thorpe, Jennifer Holliday as Jewel, Kevin McKidd as Sheriff Ed Earl Dodd, James Naughton as Governor, Kerry Butler as Doatsey Mae, Heléne Yorke as Angel and Greg Hildreth as Mayor Rufus Poindexter.

Rounding out the cast are Jim Newman, Madeline Brewer, Bob Gaynor, Darius Nichols, Ryan Andes, Peter Benson, Jared Dixon, Aaron Finley, Anthony Sagaria, Sam Simahk, Alex Michael Stoll, Krystal Joy Brown, Kate Marilley, Morgan Weed, Erica Sweany, Anne Horak, Ashley Park, Anna Eilinsfeld and Syndee Winters.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/185321/chenos-at-the-chicken-ranch-kristin-chenoweth-headlines-all-star-the-best-little-whorehouse-in-texas-reading/

Any thoughts on whether this will, indeed, return to Broadway? Wonder if this would be something Roundabout would have on its radar for the spring?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#162BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
Posted: 6/29/17 at 2:34pm

When does Roundabout typically announce its season? I'm guessing their subscriber base would prefer knowing it at least a few months in advance right?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.