pixeltracker

Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette- Page 2

Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#25Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:18pm

It's just a fun video, stop being so hysterical and freaking out.

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#26Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:18pm

If they're saying that bringing strange things to the stagedoor is against a "rule" of etiquette, how is it not hypocritical to have done just that and broadcast it for attention on YouTube?

getatme
#27Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:21pm

You must be a real hoot at parties.

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#28Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:22pm

Sorry? I had never heard of these people before and looked at some of their videos after seeing this and found it a a little weird. If you disagree, cool. If they have changed position on the issue, cool. But last I checked, this was a board for discussion, not perpetual agreement and circle-jerking.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#29Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:34pm

I don't understand why you feel the need to be the ethics police, StickIt, but let it go. It's a YouTube video.

Updated On: 9/19/14 at 04:34 PM

StickIt Profile Photo
StickIt
#30Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:55pm

I'd be very careful repeating rumors of dubious origin if I were you. I hear that can get you into some trouble. It says a lot about you that you have to resort to absurd personal attacks instead of staying on topic.

basketcase
#31Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/19/14 at 5:00pm

I'm not repeating anything unsubstantiated here. But your veiled threats speak volumes about your character. My original post seemed quite on topic actually considering you were calling the original poster out on her hypocrisy. I was just calling you out on yours. Thanks for proving my point though!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#33Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 12:06am

Patty and I are comedians.

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#34Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 12:44am

I think it's hilarious that someone who basically only posts on this board to criticize other people's "creepy" behavior (and obsess about Jessie Mueller) is criticizing someone else for making a video about stage door etiquette.

vitamins
#35Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 4:50pm

You should see her tumblr!

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#36Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 5:22pm

Why are we focusing on purported hypocrisy rather than the point of this thread? That these two women are using comedy to drive a point home that likely 99% of this board agrees with - people need to learn how to handle themselves in the theatre and at the stage door.

Instead of discussing that, we have one person attacking past behavior as if that disqualifies the point of the COMEDIC etiquette video.

SO all that being said - I can't wait for the rest of the series! This was a lot of "basic" stuff, but I do hope there are things like "don't think the actor is your friend," "don't visit the stage door nightly just because you can," etc.

ilsalund8
#37Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 5:55pm

Updated On: 9/20/14 at 05:55 PM

vitamins
#38Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/20/14 at 6:17pm

It's interesting because it proves their point. Of course Patty and Emily's videos are comedic first and foremost, but they're grounded in reality.
Then you have a girl who has an extremely tricky past as a "fan", and who wastes an extraordinary amount of time trying to dictate to others exactly how their fan behavior is disgusting. She arrives in the thread to perform her duties as the self-appointed saint of fan behavior, while ignoring that she is the worst of all. Calling out others' hypocrisy is so much easier than self-awareness, I guess. It's certainly more fun and nets you way more attention.
It's a fascinating character study, really.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#38Patty & Emily's Guide To Stagedoor Etiquette
Posted: 9/23/14 at 11:55pm

Hey all! lesson 2 is now up! Hope you all enjoy and have lengthy discussions.

http://youtu.be/R6vOsF0symE

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead