Posted: 10/1/14 at 5:15pm

Caution, yes.
Hysteria,no.

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#26Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 5:32pm

The Guardian, Wednesday 1 October 2014 09.14 EDT

"In a sign of how desperate the situation is, drastic measures taken in neighbouring Sierra Leone include the quarantine of five of the country’s 13 counties. More than 2 million – a third of the population – are affected by the cordon sanitaire."

That's 400,000 more people than the population of Manhattan. Imagine if every bridge and tunnel in and out of the city was closed; if you weren't permitted to leave.

I haven't been pitching hysteria in the least. The facts of the outbreak speak for themselves.

FindingNamo
#27Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 5:42pm

I was on an Ebola CDC conference call today and now I have a scratchy throat.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#28Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 5:50pm

AH HA! What were u swallowing?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#29Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 5:51pm

If you wanna freak the f**k out, freak the f**k out. Gasp at every stranger's cough...go to town! The truth of the matter is, you are not going to get Ebola. It's not going to happen.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#30Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 6:02pm

^^^^
Except the freak out is more contagious and gawd only knows the repercussions then.

( Toronto was made a no-go zone during SARS even tho SARS was actually contracted nosocomially , rather than community)

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#31Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 6:51pm

EBOLA! THE MUSICAL!

Who will be the first BroadwayWorld poster to contract it...

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#32Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 7:31pm

I hear the first act closing number "I Am Pooping Out My Intestine Lining" is quite catchy!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 7:55pm

It should also be seen as an STD considering "The Ebola" It should also be seen as an STD.

I love this sentence "The Ebola" I love this sentence.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#34Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 7:59pm

"The Ebola"
Isn't that a new dance? Like The Macarena?

GoSmileLaughCryClap
#35Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 8:23pm

Now this is all just Datalounge For Juniors. As a multiple W&W guy, I can say with some experience that this stuff is sub-par.
The key at this point is to actually be funny enough to make ME laugh.
I'll be honest if it happens.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#36Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 8:27pm

Okay!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#37Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 8:42pm

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

(pause)

Cos it had Ebola!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#38Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 9:33pm

Ebola in the U.S.

#39Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 10:11pm

I hereby promise you WILL NOT get The Ebola. If you do die from it, I will buy you a Coke. OK?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#40Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 10:19pm

Ebola in the U.S.

Updated On: 10/1/14 at 10:19 PM

FindingNamo
#41Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/1/14 at 10:56pm

This white lady said she was going to avoid black people just to be on the safe side and her friend goes "The last time you interacted with a black person was when the TSA guy said he had to go through your carry on manually and you grabbed it back and ran out of the airport and you missed the cruise entirely."

beautywickedlover
#42Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/2/14 at 10:34am

It's scary that the patient is in my hometown and also in the very same hospital where I was born.

Liza's Headband
#43Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/2/14 at 10:40am

.... It shouldn't be scary unless you were at the hospital between September 24 and September 30, 2014.

Not to mention your "hometown" (Dallas???) is massive and the chances of the virus itself spreading is minimal. Hysteria spreading, on the other hand, is much more likely.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#44Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/2/14 at 10:51am

If I go gluten-free, how quickly will I die of ebola?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

javero Profile Photo
javero
#45Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/3/14 at 1:48pm

D.C. hospital evaluating patient who has Ebola-like symptoms

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

FindingNamo
#46Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/3/14 at 9:38pm

See? It jumped from Texas to DC. Obviously Hasselbeck is right!

GoSmileLaughCryClap
#47Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/3/14 at 11:05pm

Awfully glib considering you're wearing a face mask.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#48Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/4/14 at 9:04am

Ummm no in honour of Joan Rivers Namo had plastic surgery. His face ALWAYS looks like he's wearing a mask!

javero Profile Photo
javero
#49Ebola in the U.S.
Posted: 10/15/14 at 9:44am

Turns out that a second Texas health-care worker tests positive for Ebola and that after JFK's screening actions several other international airports will follow suit starting tomorrow.
Ebola screening for some at Dulles detailed

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.