pixeltracker

President Elizabeth Warren?- Page 3

President Elizabeth Warren?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 10:59am

Goth, right on cue to prove Henrik's point.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 10/24/14 at 10:59 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#51President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 11:02am

Clinton is not the quitter. Palin is the quitter.

I think we have to disqualify Brian Schweitzer on the basis of his stupidity. I don't know whether this quote from a National Journal interview is anti-gay or anti-Southern or just the comments of an asshole, but I don't think we want someone as the vice presidential candidate who seems to embody the worst excesses of both Sarah Palin and Joe Biden:

“Don’t hold this against me, but I’m going to blurt it out. How do I say this...men in the South, they are a little effeminate. They just have effeminate mannerisms. If you were just a regular person, you turned on the TV, and you saw Eric Cantor talking, I would say--and I’m fine with gay people, that’s all right--but my gaydar is 60 to 70 percent. But he’s not, I think, so I don’t know. Again, I couldn’t care less. I’m accepting."

--Brian Schwiezer

NATIONAL JOURNAL: THE GONZO OPTION

Updated On: 10/24/14 at 11:02 AM

Gothampc
#52President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 11:41am

"Clinton is not the quitter. Palin is the quitter."

Hillary has never seen a job through to the end. She left being a NY State Senator before her term was up. She left being Secretary of State. She is indeed a quitter.

She even quit being on the Board of Directors of WalMart.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 10/24/14 at 11:41 AM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#53President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 11:45am

You know what PJ, I'm willing to overlook his faux pas. The progressive wing of the MSM would be well served by packaging Schweitzer as a mountaineering man's-man. I know it's an arguably outdated notion but it instantly makes him the anti-Obama & anti-Romney. It also allows him to steal the macho card right out from under the GOP's noses which plays well in the old south where Eric Cantor and Lindsey Graham's prissiness set many tongues wagging along time ago. It's politics, bro!

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 10/24/14 at 11:45 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#54President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 12:17pm

She was a Senator for 8 years and left the Cabinet after serving a full term.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#55President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 1:56pm

You know what PJ, I'm willing to overlook his faux pas.... It's politics, bro!

No, bro! It's homophobia, bro.

Guys who call other guys "fag" as an insult are assholes whether they're Republicans or Democrats, and if they're Democrats, they have NO place in national politics.

Schweizer can keep his "mountaineering man's-man" potty mouth where the sun don't shine in Butt, Montana.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#56President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 3:11pm

PalJoey,

I'm an insensitive ****for making light of Schweizer's homophobia. For that sir, I apologize.

Gothampc
#57President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/24/14 at 3:45pm

See, I can reach across the aisle and embrace something of Elizabeth Warren. She tried to get legislation in place that a company couldn't perform a credit background check on a prospective employee. I can agree with that. But she can't get that legislation passed.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#58President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/25/14 at 11:27am

I'm the son of an immigrant from a poverty-stricken and politically turbulent Third World country. We'll never be one percenters, but we've managed a pretty good climb up from nothing over forty years, and fiscal responsibility- not only to self and to family, but to those less fortunate, has been our family's guiding principle. If the Libertarians could live up to their ideal of being socially progressive while fiscally sound and protective, that would be game over, I'd never vote for anyone else again.

Unfortunately, that's pie-in-the-skie political idealism, as the Libertarians tend to veer back and forth between Republican Party puppets, Ayn Rand objectivist Machiavellians and political playground for teenagers to experiment with.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#59President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 9:54pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 09:54 PM

FindingNamo
#60President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:46pm

"Paul and Cruz"

So the homophobia and the misogyny are things that don't bother you at all?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#61President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:54pm

Yes, of course Warren is liberal. But, she has a gift that very, very few politicians have; she can talk about complex things in very simple terms, and without being condescending. I can't think of anyone in either party right now that has her rhetorical skills. So yes, she would be branded by Fox "News" as a liberal, but I think she has the skills to both own that label, as well as overcome it.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#62President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 1:16am

Plus she would be our first Native American President.

Anyway, I would hardly call Hillary a quitter. She has been working to become President since Bill left the White House. And she has paid a very high price personally. Whether you like her or not, you have to admire her fight. I don't think very many people appreciate the amount of work required in government service-even with all the perks. It is a lot of hours and a lot of stress. I believe she is a very tough person as well as a realist.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#63President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 10:28am

While I'd prefer seeing Warren sworn in as an Associate Justice on the SCOTUS, I respond well to her as a presidential candidate. But, I'm struggling to come up a suitable running mate.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#64President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 11:55am

How about the Democrat from Florida, Bill Nelson? He's a southerner who is wildly popular in Florida (a big swing state). I am very familiar with him because I used to live there and my family is there. He is indeed popular and a moderate to balance her out politically.

I love Warren. She's my pick.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#65President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 2:41pm

As one of the board's token right wing nuts, I am personally hoping for Paul and Cruz to run, and I'd support either or (my dream would be a ticket in either combination). I think those two are the GOP's best options.

If those are the GOP's best options, then they are even worse off than I imagined. If I were one of your gay friends, I'd be extremely disappointed and offended by your support of them.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#66President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 4:01pm

"Paul and Cruz" would never happen. First of all they loathe each other, second of all they are both loathed by the Republican establishment.

(There's a lot of loathing going on in the GOP nowadays.)

So if one of them manages to take over the Republican primary process, the running mate would most likely be a Republican insider, like Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio--or maybe a governor like Scott Walker or Bobby Jindal. Or even Christie.

But none of those combinations beat Hillary and any one of the Democrats. Hillary wins the general election against anyone on the scene.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#67President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 4:16pm

PalJoey-That is right at this moment Remember the last time Hillary was 'supposed' to win? I do. Someone came out of nowhere and won. That could happen-politics changes very quickly. Let's not count some other contenders out. (God, I hope there is someone else. I hate Hillary and will never, ever vote for her.)

javero Profile Photo
javero
#68President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 4:27pm

PJ,

I'd add NM Governor Susana Martinez to the mix of potential running mates for either Rand Paul or WI Governor Scott Walker, provided he's re-elected. Word on the street is that she was smart enough to say 'thanks, but no thanks' to Mitt Romney in 2012 but there's another version of the story of course. And she's no Sarah Palin. She's highly likely to get re-elected next week which means her term as governor will end two years into Hillary's first term as POTUS.

I predict that she'll either become either the next Republican VP or US Attorney General. She's a former Democrat turned Republican with a tough record on corruption while serving as a district attorney. To date, she's kept her nose clean.

Is anyone seriously considering Ted Cruz?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#69President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 4:59pm

Among tea party types, Cruz is seen as the strongest politician, but the middle of the party hates him and the young libertarians who love Rand Paul hate him, and the media would make mincemeat out of him.

I'm sorry, dreaming, but people who say that "hate" Hillary tend seem like lunatics to me, whether they come from the right or the left. Generally, when articulated, their hatred seems to be caused by things done by other politicians. But somehow those things only inspire "hatred" when done by Hillary. They are forgiven or ignored when done by Obama or Ronald Reagan or whoever the "hater" professes to love.

Thankfully, the number of people with such an animus toward her have died off on the right. It remains to be seen whether the Hillary Haters of the left can derail her again. If they do so, the 2016 race could be an equal battle between the two parties. If not, there's no one in the GOP who stands a chance.

FindingNamo
#70President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 5:02pm

"Paul and Cruz" would never happen.

I never say never. St. Ronnie forgave George HW Bush. Then again, they were both mainstream as hell.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#71President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 5:03pm

But that was in a different country, and besides the wench is dead.

#72President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 10/31/14 at 9:44pm

To address the idea of Obama's legacy, I think history honors Presidents for their accomplishments and ignores the scandals- hence Clinton is remembered for eight years of a booming economy and Reagan looks like a saint despite a hideously corrupt administration, ghastly responses to AIDS and terrorism and a ballooning deficit. Obama will be remembered for the ACA (much as Johnson is for Medicare despite Viet Nam).

And I do NOT find equivalency between Obama running roughshod over Romney and the vehemence of the hatred toward Democratic candidates. I don't recall Romney ever being attacked for his Mormon faith the way Obama was (is) for being Muslim (which of course, he's not). (To cite but one example of dozens)

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#73President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 12:13am

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 12:13 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#74President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 12:23am

Oh for crap's sake. Well, I guess it wouldn't be election season without the Return of the Conserva-troll.