kade.ivy
#75President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 6:31am

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 06:31 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#76President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 8:50am

That's what Rodney and Mikey used to say.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#77President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:09am

Kade, I'm trying to understand your calculus on a pragmatic level. Why do you think a rightist Republican like Cruz would have a better chance in the national election than a more moderate Republican? You've cited that more moderate Republicans have not fared well in recent elections, but how does that translate into the projection that a more right-based candidate would fare better? Respectfully, I'm not following your logic.

Put differently, I completely agree with you (and from my point of view, unfortunately) that Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders may well be too far to the left to win the presidency. But for similar reasons, I can't see someone as far to the right as Cruz winning either. I would have expected you to mirror my realpolitik view and agree that (unfortunately from your perspective) a Ted Cruz would have comparable challenges in winning a national election (being too far to the right and being too far to the left are similar impediments to becoming POTUS).

Updated On: 11/1/14 at 11:09 AM

FindingNamo
#78President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 12:11pm

These characters root for their team. It doesn't matter if the candidate from their team insults gay people, women, anybody who isn't a straight white man. Even Cruz manages to do this! What matters is their team wins. Yay rah rah.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#79President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 1:52pm

People like kade (and the Elizabeth Warren fans) forget that president is the one office that is voted on by the entire country. Senators are voted by state, representatives by neighborhood, but a presidential candidate from only one portion of one party will never get more than 25% of the vote.

A coalition of two or three groups (at least!) is necessary to win a nationwide election.

Elizabeth Warren has not more of a chance than Ted Cruz does. Both parties are seriously lacking in charismatic candidates that can unite different constituencies.

That's why Rand Paul is so scary: Despite his previous positions, he is going for the youth vote that Obama corralled. If he puts them together with the small-government anti-tax brigade, the isolationist America-Firsters and a portion of the old-establishment Republicans, those young people could deliver him a landslide.

And young people can be very gullible...

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#80President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 2:16pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 02:16 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#81President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 2:51pm

Rand Paul is a dangerous lunatic pretending to be a normal person.

Rand Paul is NOT a social liberal. He's a wold in sheep's clothing. He equates homsexulity with polygamy and bestiality--that's a disqualifier right there, because I equate a politician who thinks of me that was as an asshole unfit for national office. He also opposes gay marriage, although he wishes his fellow Republicans would keep quiet about it, he thinks women who are victims of rape or incest should be required by law to have their babies.

And on every other issue, from marijuana to the Middle East, Rand Paul has been shifting his previously held positions so that more people will think they like him.

The only reason he's pulling the wool over the eyes of low-information types like you is that he has a team of experts attempting to make him "electable."

He would be a very scary president.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#82President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 3:08pm

A liberal being perpetually offended by a conservative viewpoint?

If that's how you want to label it. Unfortunately, too many facts already prove ignorance and bigotry are not specifically "conservative viewpoints". Do you also feel the support of racism is a "conservative viewpoint"? And yes, I'll also throw in race as it is another form of bigotry as is homophobia. Or perhaps you would feel more comfortable with the subject of women. Would you say Ann Coulter accurately represents herself as the voice of the "conservative viewpoint"? Or do you believe that there may be more than one viewpoint?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#83President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 3:14pm

Race is a "token thing"? In this country! Ha!

Again, do you just choose to overlook the misogyny and the homophobia? Or is it just ducky by you?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#84President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 3:23pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 03:23 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#85President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 4:07pm

Kade, you are adorable.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#86President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 4:13pm

"And not supporting gay marriage is not the equivalent of homophobia. It just isn't."

Exactly. I don't think whites and blacks should be allowed to marry each other but please don't think I'm being a racist. I just think the races should be pure, like it says in the bible.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#87President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 4:47pm

And not supporting gay marriage is not the equivalent of homophobia. It just isn't.

But equating homosexuality to bestiality and incest is the DEFINITION of homophobia.

It just is.

And saying "It just isn't" is snotty and bitchy and condescending, so don't ever do it again.

Updated On: 11/1/14 at 04:47 PM

Mister Matt
#88President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:09pm

I need specifics as to exactly what you consider racist, ignorant, and bigoted about being conservative, Mr. Matt.

Why? I never equated those things as being "conservative". That was specifically my point. You were the one labeling "conservative viewpoints" and specific about one in particular. Pointed irrelevant questions directed at me doesn't change that. It's very Palin-esque. Perhaps you should read more thoroughly.

Updated On: 11/1/14 at 05:09 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#89President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:18pm

I just think the races should be pure, like it says in the bible.
Witch Bible?

I know there are restrictions on marriages but that was for religious reasons. ( pagans!)

Mister Matt
#90President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:26pm

I just think the races should be pure, like it says in the bible.

Was that the "conservative viewpoint" of the Nazis? I know they were "Christians", but you need to be more specific.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#91President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:33pm

"I am personally hoping for Paul and Cruz to run, and I'd support either or (my dream would be a ticket in either combination). I think those two are the GOP's best options."

Cruz has skill, money, and intelligence which makes him one of the most dangerous politicians around given his backwards stance on nearly everything. He seems to hate immigrants, women, homosexuals, and everyone that disagrees with him. Sadly, I think the GOP will take the Senate on Tuesday, giving them even more power.

"And not supporting gay marriage is not the equivalent of homophobia. It just isn't."

I agree, someone with moral reservations about gay marriage doesn't automatically make them anti-gay. Sometimes, people need a minute to think about things. Hopefully, those people come to the conclusion that gay marriage is a very positive thing for America.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#92President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 5:47pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 05:47 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#93President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 6:12pm

Oh please. There are always going to be differences when comparing/contrasting ANYTHING. And you know that. You've always known that.

#94President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 7:45pm

Some scary Rand Paul quotes:

"[I]f you think you have the right to health care, you are saying basically that I am your slave. I provide health care. ... My staff and technicians provide it. ... If you have a right to health care, then you have a right to their labor."

When asked about civil rights laws guaranteeing equality in public accommodations (such as banning "No blacks allowed" signs): . "Decisions concerning private property and associations should in a free society be unhindered."

When Obama vowed to hold BP accountable for their oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business."

He basically wants big business to be able to do whatever it wants anywhere it wants: No prohibition on discrimination and no regulation of business or industry.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#95President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 10:44pm

kade--you keep putting up your straw man issue and you keep avoiding the real reason Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and YOU, I imagine, are homophobes:

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz equate homsexuality with bestiality and incest.

That equation is abhorrent to me. They have no more right to accuse ME of bestiality than I do to accuse them.

Or YOU.

Do you agree with them that homosexuality is the equivalent of bestiality?

Answer THAT question not your fakey-fake, straw-man, Fox-News war-on-Christmas bull**** question.

Are you, like Rand Paul, accusing me of the equivalent of bestiality simply because I am gay?

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#96President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:03pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 11:03 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#97President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:15pm

Well, both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz believe that.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#98President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:23pm

Updated On: 8/15/21 at 11:23 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#99President Elizabeth Warren?
Posted: 11/1/14 at 11:28pm

No, dear, there you go being demeaning and belittling and condescending again.

It is far, far, FAR worse than merely "annoying."

Believing it makes them thugs.