pixeltracker

Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season- Page 2

Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#25Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 8:08am

I think we should all keep in mind that Elena Shadow was also taking over for Kelli O'Hara when The Bridges of Madison County was taken to Williamstown last year.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 8:33am

I'm sure we r gonna see Jeremy in a show very soon. He might be doing ever after at papermill which is Broadway-bound. Dudes talented as ****

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#27Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 8:39am

I hope audios of Jeremy Jordan will be floating around at some point. He sung the sh*t out that score. Morrison doesn't have the epic voice that Jeremy has, so I'm very sadden by this news. Should have been Jeremy's 2nd tony nomination.

"I'm sure we r gonna see Jeremy in a show very soon"

I'd love to see him be Tony Yazbeck's replacement for ON THE TOWN. Not sure he has the dancing ability though.

Updated On: 10/28/14 at 08:39 AM

Back Row
#28Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:04am

Wasn't Jordan originally attached to Bandstand, the show that was workshopped (with Laura Osnes, among others) while he was in Finding Neverland?

Jeffrey Karasarides
#29Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:10am

^That was Jarrod Spector!

Back Row
#30Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:12am

No, Jerrod Spector did the workshop while Jordan was in Neverland, but earlier readings were done by Jordan.

Phillypinto
#31Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:27am

What is bandstand and who is writing it? Creative team?

Back Row
Phillypinto
#33Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 10:29am

wow i wonder whats happening with this.

Brick
#34Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 11:16am

I think Harvey was genuine when he was praising Jeremy and saying he's throwing LA work his way.

If this comes to be, I don't think Jeremy wasn't offered B'way because Harvey did not like him, but because Morrison is bigger star. I imagine Harvey would even like to make sure Jordan is happy, as it's good business and he could possibly be a strong replacement later.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 11:21am

Heh, wasn't there a whole thread on here around the time of Jeremy's original casting where everyone was against it (even people who liked him), saying he was way too young to play Barrie?!

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#36Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:38pm

Well if there was, he certainly proved everyone wrong.

Sunny11
#37Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 2:04pm

Matthew couldn't exactly have called Ryan Murphy and FOX and tell them that he was going to miss the first 2 months of fiming Glees final season to do a play ! It would have been both illegaly and morally wrong of him to breech contract like that.

If he performed highly enough in the work shop to the extent that the producers want to take him to Broadway then he deserves the part.

Updated On: 10/28/14 at 02:04 PM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#38Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 2:10pm

"Bandstand" sounds interesting. Kind of like a mix of "Bye, Bye Birdie" and "Dogfight". All they had to say was Beth Leavel and I was sold.

Back Row
#39Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 4:09pm

"If he performed highly enough in the work shop to the extent that the producers want to take him to Broadway then he deserves the part."

Beyond demonstrating a certain level of competence, I don't think how he performed in the workshop had as much to do with the fact that he was a marketable commodity who was sold to the potential investors as being part of the show. He's the Glee guy and they expect to be able to sell tickets based on that. I think the producers are overestimating the impact of the Glee factor, but there is no question that Morrison is solid song and dance man. He'll do fine, just as Jordan did. But the idea that this was some kind of competition that he won based on a workshop performance seems kind of silly when the evidence seems to indicate that Weinstein was already committed in his direction when just a few days into rehearsals, he made the bizarre decision to let Jennifer Hudson promote the show on the Tony Awards instead of his leading man, a former Tony nominee. Agree with it or not, the selection of Morrison appears to have been a simple business decision, one that may have been made before the A.R.T. run had even started.

It would, however, be in Morrison's and Weinstein's best interests to do what they can to make this appear as something other than Jordan being screwed over. The show will probably need all the good will it can get when it comes to New York, and alienating all those fansies doesn't seem like a good way to generate good will.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#40Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 4:22pm

I thought Matthew was incredible in South Pacific, and if Glee hadn't stole him from Broadway, he would have probably become a really major Broadway star. I guess he finally gets his chance.

Sunny11
#41Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 4:36pm

Jordan wasnt screwed over. He was contracted to do the cambridge run which was what he did and was what he was presumably paid in full for. Casting changes happen all the time during transfers and, in the case of bonnie and clyde, happened to Jordans benifit.

Back Row
#42Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 4:43pm

Whether he was screwed over or not, his fans will believe that until they are convinced otherwise. Harvey has some spinning to do.

thedrybandit
#43Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 8:58pm

Is it possible that he's going to take over for Bryce Pinkham in Gentlemen's Guide? He's got the look for it.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#44Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:00pm

He said it's 'A Brand New Show', so I don't think so!

thedrybandit
#45Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/28/14 at 9:18pm

Ah, I missed that part. My bad! :P
Count me in the "Yeah it's probably Neverland" bandwagon then.

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#46Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/29/14 at 2:53pm

I'd love to see Matthew in A Gentleman's Guide. But he'd want something where he can have more attention and a possible Tony nomination. I'm not thrilled about FN, maybe I've read too much about it. We'll see...

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Sunny11
#47Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/29/14 at 4:22pm

If Top Hat makes it to Broadway, I could see Matthew in it. He performed Cheek to Cheek with Jane Lynch on Glee and did great.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#48Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/29/14 at 4:26pm

Sunny11, did you notice how Gary Barlow's tweet went up and then got taken down? Heh. He may have spoken before he was supposed to. But yeah, it's still a pretty solid confirmation.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#49Matthew Morrison Confirms He Will Be Back On Broadway This Season
Posted: 10/29/14 at 4:29pm

He sung the sh*t out that score.

He sure damn did.

ShakinBaconGirl, there's a tiny bit of Jeremy singing "Neverland" at approx. the 34-min mark of this interview:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=858648#.VE1lgb7ZAX4