pixeltracker

Bill Cosby Rape Allegations- Page 2

Bill Cosby Rape Allegations

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#25Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 10:26am

I think the lack of social media is poor excuse for journalists not asking Cosby about these allegations for decades.
As usual, it's about money.

Bill Cosby’s gross corporate lesson: What NBC’s reaction reveals about rape & money Updated On: 11/19/14 at 10:26 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 1:10pm

That's not really unusual in cases where charges are never filed, dropped, or settled out of court.

I'm not sure how it would be journalistic to keep asking Cosby about allegations for which he was never criminally charged after prosecutors didn't have enough evidence, or lawsuits that resulted in settlements with clauses forbidding either side from talking to the press.

Especially when Cosby has never said anything about these issues ever, except denials through his lawyer.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#27Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 1:28pm

I don't think it's rare for celebrities or politicians to be asked about and answer questions regarding alleged crimes. I see it all the time.
The fact that he has never once responded to the allegations publicly is all the more reason he should have been asked.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#28Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 1:30pm

These women should have talked to Don Lemon.
“There are ways not to perform oral sex”

FindingNamo
#29Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 1:43pm

"There are ways not to perform oral sex."

I'LL say.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#30Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:00pm

Alleged Rapist Bill Cosby's Comeback Sitcom Killed by NBC Updated On: 11/19/14 at 02:00 PM

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#31Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:10pm

This whole situation is heartbreaking. If the allegations are true, it's upsetting that Cosby would do such things. If not, it's sad that people would make and perpetuate these allegations. I hope the truth comes out in some way, whatever it is.

My university is scheduled to host Cosby for their benefit dinner in a few weeks (contract was signed before this erupted). They're standing by their decision to host Cosby as of now but waiting to see how things play out. I think it's an appropriate response.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#32Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:12pm

I'd advise they put someone on him so that he's never alone with a woman.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:17pm

"The fact that he has never once responded to the allegations publicly is all the more reason he should have been asked."

He has responded by saying he would not be responding. It's just not the response people want. Plus, if he said anything more, and there eventually are charges, those statements can be considered evidence. Another reason the lawyer makes all the statements.

It really serves no purpose. Woody Allen responded regarding Mia et. al. talking about him earlier this year, and all it does it keep the story going longer, by giving it another day of "Woody responds to allegations" and then a second day or more of people talking about his response.

If the goal is to get the story out of the spotlight, silence is more effective. Especially without charges or a case pending.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#34Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:18pm

I think if these allegations are false he should come at these women with full legal force. I don't see why one wouldn't if truth is on your side. Unless it isn't.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#35Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:23pm

"If the goal is to get the story out of the spotlight, silence is more effective. Especially without charges or a case pending."
Yeah that NPR interview seems to be working out great for him! I hope he keeps it up! The less we ever have to hear from Bill Cosby again, the better.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#36Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:24pm

SmokeyLady, there's no point. The statute of limitations ended a very long time ago. He cannot be penalized for this. He will just live out the rest of life in silence.

Janice is very hard to believe considering she was heavily into drugs and alcohol, and probably still is. However, when 15 women say the same thing about you, you are probably a dangerous predator.

Updated On: 11/19/14 at 02:24 PM

FindingNamo
#37Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:27pm

Well, at least he will get a HUGE kill fee so that maybe he can squeak out a meager existence during his twilight years.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:32pm

"Yeah that NPR interview seems to be working out great for him! I hope he keeps it up!"

True, I suppose those are both examples of the word silence. I suppose there's not much I can add if you don't see a difference between a media strategy of not doing interviews and intentionally talking to the press about an issue, and refusing to answer a question during an ambush interview.

FindingNamo
#39Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:41pm

An ambush interview? He and his wife sat down to talk about their vast and valuable art collection and exhibit. He's old enough to know that the media is under no obligation to be polite and not bring up difficult topics. He's probably shocked because usually members of the media just lob softballs at him.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#40Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:43pm

I hope he appreciated those softballs while they were lobbed, because he will never get another one lobbed again.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#41Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 2:52pm

The "truth" will never come out, unless Cosby is foolish enough to do this sort of thing in the present day. Unless that happens, it'll be Cosby's silence and his lawyer's word against the word of over a dozen unique women whose allegations span decades.

He won't be legally penalized, but he'll certainly spend the rest of career in shame with his legacy completely tarnished.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#42Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:04pm

And the subject of endless think pieces about the allegations and their meaning, like this one by Ta-Nehisi Coates in the Atlantic:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/11/the-cosby-show/382891/?single_page=true

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#43Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:05pm

"An ambush interview? He and his wife sat down to talk about their vast and valuable art collection and exhibit."

Yes, and when the interviewer strayed from the agreed-upon topic for an interview, it becomes an ambush.

On the media strategy blog linked below, it describes there are different types of ambush:

"More typically, an ambush occurs in one of two ways:
1. When a reporter shows up without notice (the topic of this post)
2. When a reporter deviates from the agreed-upon topic to blindside a source with something totally unexpected."

I doubt NPR set up the art exhibit interview as a pretense for asking about the rape charges, but they also had enough foresight to not mention they would be asking about it in advance, since they knew Cosby wouldn't have done the interview, which means they knew they were planning to ambush him.

How to Survive An Ambush Interview, Part One Updated On: 11/19/14 at 03:05 PM

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#44Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:10pm

"He won't be legally penalized, but he'll certainly spend the rest of career in shame with his legacy completely tarnished."

Which would be a shame if the charges are not true. This could be a modern day media witch hunt.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#45Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:48pm

I highly doubt a cabal of malicious women who won't gain anything by doing this other than scrutiny are ganging up to frame Bill Crosby.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#46Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:55pm

Really? I have my doubts. But who is to say.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#47Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:57pm

This is a pretty long con this cabal of women is playing then, since it's not like all these accusations just came to light.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#48Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 3:59pm

"Which would be a shame if the charges are not true. This could be a modern day media witch hunt."

From The Atlantic link PJ posted...

"A defense of Cosby requires that one believe that several women have decided to publicly accuse one of the most powerful men in recent Hollywood history of a crime they have no hope of seeing prosecuted, and for which they are seeking no damages."

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#49Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 4:06pm

You are all right. They have nothing to gain.