pixeltracker

Bill Cosby Rape Allegations- Page 3

Bill Cosby Rape Allegations

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#50Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 4:11pm

Yeah and for coming forward they've been subjected to morons like Don Lemon.

FindingNamo
#51Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 5:08pm

It's an illuminating article, thanks for the link PJ.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#52Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 5:29pm

Also, he has a longtime reputation of being "highly litigious." This means that media corporations discourage individuals from pursuing stories about him, not because the corporation believes or disbelieves the allegations, but simply because the litigation will be expensive to defend.

The 'highly litigious" reputation also discourages individuals from attempting to sue. Lawyers, accountants, PR people will all say things like "He has deep pockets" or "You'll lose everything."

The same "highly litigious" label has been used about people like John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

The protective power of that phrase may be a thing of the past.

FindingNamo
#53Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 5:32pm

To me the MOST fascinating aspect is the fact that he has become such a moral scold the past few years, my reactionary Republican sister (whom I love) linked a couple of his call-outs addressed to the black community on Facebook with the "See? Even BILL COSBY thinks dot dot dot."

I liked the Atlantic writer's discussion of "organic black conservatism."

What is it with the skeletons in the scold's closets?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#54Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 5:32pm

"The same "highly litigious" label has been used about people like John Travolta and Tom Cruise."

Is Cosby the most highly litigious heterosexual then?!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#55Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 5:35pm

Don't care if this sounds "racist".
Cosby became a big success , climbing the race barrier through his "ordinary guy" /Dad persona. Middle America felt "safe" with him as THE funny black man. As such he was ultimately cut slack because u tarnish racial bar breaker icons at your peril. ( remember the Rev Jesse Jackson and his love child? there were rumors for years) He has money and power and influence. Who was gonna listen to some cray BEEotch? Only now as his status has waned can he be pulled from his pedestal and the feet of clay can be clearly seen as extending above his hips.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#56Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 6:01pm

Prosecutor on Cosby allegation: 'I thought he did it'

When Bruce Castor, then the Montgomery County District Attorney, decided not to file sexual assault charges against comedian Bill Cosby in 2005, it wasn't because he didn't believe the woman who said Cosby had drugged and groped her.

"Now I can say I thought he did it," Castor said in an interview Wednesday. "But back then I would have been accused of tainting the jury that was going to hear the civil case."

-From Philadelphia Inquirer
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20141120_Prosecutor_on_Cosby_sex_assault_claim___quot_I_thought_he_did_it_.html

Netflix postpones launch of Cosby comedy special

LOS ANGELES — Netflix said it is postponing Bill Cosby’s upcoming standup comedy special, a decision that followed a growing number of allegations that the famed entertainer sexually assaulted women.

In a brief statement late Tuesday, the company said the scheduled Nov. 27 premiere of the special, “Bill Cosby 77,” was being postponed but did not address why or when it might debut. The company had no further comment, a spokeswoman said.

-AP
http://entertainment.inquirer.net/156804/netflix-postpones-launch-of-cosby-comedy-special

NBC Will Not Move Forward With New Bill Cosby Comedy Show

As sexual allegations against Bill Cosby continue to surface — a total of 15 women have made complaints, 6 of them who have identified themselves publicly — NBC has decided to pull the plug on a sitcom it was developing with the comedian for next year.

The network declined to comment further about the project, which would have starred Cosby as the patriarch of a multi-generational family and was in the early development stages.

-From NBC News
http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/nbc-will-not-move-forward-new-bill-cosby-comedy-show-n251876

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#57Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 6:07pm

The interesting bit is that Cosby has a clause in his contract that NBC probably didn't think twice about when they signed it:

"According to the deal, Cosby is owed a big penalty if the comedy doesn’t go to pilot. Because these are old allegations with little or no legal repercussions, the network may have to write Cosby a fat check if it kills the project."

http://deadline.com/2014/11/bill-cosby-controversy-nbc-series-plan-1201285605/

FindingNamo
#58Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 6:18pm

sabrelady's point is interesting. I don't think people in the media didn't go after him because he's black, in the US the media LOVES destroying black men, but rather because he is a man being accused by women.

Sexism will ALWAYS trump racism in this culture.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#59Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 6:38pm

Agreed with Namo--as well as the fact (that has been brought up time and time again,) that he simply has branded himself over a while as such a family friendly, wholesome persona.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#60Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 10:46pm

FindingNamo
#61Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/19/14 at 11:55pm

I just can't believe that Norm Crosby is a grape-ist.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#62Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/20/14 at 12:32am

I did hear that Der Bingle was fond of juice.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#63Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/20/14 at 6:58am

They all love their Jesus Juice.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#64Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:09am

As a new victim comes forward everyday I think the silence from the rest of the entertainment community it pretty telling. Has anyone Cosby has worked with come to his defense? I haven't heard a word of support from his co-stars on the Cosby Show. It doesn't seem like anyone is putting themselves out there to defend him.
I wonder what Felicia Rashad has to say about all of this.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#65Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:20am

Raven Symone posted this on her Instagram:

ravensymonecp
2 days ago

I was NOT taking advantage of by Mr. Cosby when I was on the Cosby Show! I was practically a baby on that show and this is truly a disgusting rumor that I want no part of! Everyone on that show treated me with nothing but kindness. Now keep me out of this!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#66Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:35am

I did see that. But I feel like Raven Symone was responding to speculation that Cosby assaulted her.
There hasn't been the usual "I don't think Bill Cosby is capable of doing this type of thing" that we sometimes see in similar cases.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#67Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:38am

"As a new victim comes forward everyday..."

Janice Dickinson was three days ago, so there have been three more alleged victims that have stepped forward?!

"I think the silence from the rest of the entertainment community it pretty telling."

It's more telling that you expect them to be saying something about rape allegations.

The media were also surprised that Cosby did standup as scheduled last night, to a packed house, and got a standing ovation (which means someone in the media bought a ticket to witness first-hand the lack of outrage). Which is not going to be unusual, and will continue tonight in Florida, despite a media shocked that people aren't burning their tickets and refusing to see him perform ever again, which is how they saw it playing out...

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#68Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:48am

I believe two more women came forward in the past couple of days to allege that they were victims of Cosby's inappropriate actions.

One, Lou Ferrigno's wife, dis not claim she was raped, but alleged some pretty aggresive/predatory actions and indicated that she did not drink whatever he prepared for her.

Another claims he forced her to have oral sex while she was prepping for a Tonight Show appearance and then threatened her career if she said anything.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#69Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 11:50am

Yes. A new victim has come forward everyday since Janice Dickinson.
Here is the latest one

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#70Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 12:11pm

That's kind of interesting, though, that I actually was following this story, am online way too often, and being a new person to accuse Cosby of sexual assault doesn't really get you prime online real estate as much anymore, I had to search for it, unlike a few days ago... I never even heard of the new accusers until this thread.

I still don't know what everyone is expecting to happen. There is no criminal case. There is no civil case. The work that scares advertisers and subscribers (NBC, Netflix, etc.) has already disappeared. His standup will exist based on ticket sales, and probably will continue to sell out, just like it hasn't affected people from seeing Woody Allen or Roman Polanski movies. His image in the larger public eye is ruined. I'm still not seeing the next step here, short of Cosby confessing, which would validate the stories but probably affect little else.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#71Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 12:22pm

Maybe it validates the victims to finally speak out about what happened to them? Maybe sharing this with a community of others similarly impacted is a catharsis and provides some sense of closure/healing, knowing you are not alone, and that you did not imagine it...

Maybe this is all about expelling internal ghosts and demons, and taking control over your body back from someone who robbed you of it.

Just guessing here - but maybe this has much more to do with the women and what they have struggled with (if the allegations are true) as opposed to just seeking punishment for Cosby.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#72Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 12:22pm

just like it hasn't affected people from seeing Woody Allen or Roman Polanski movies.

SOME people. I haven't knowingly seen any work of theirs for years. And been sneered & laughed at for it. Don't really care cos even if they don't got principles i can hold to mine.

FindingNamo
#73Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 12:34pm

I have a firm rule when hooking up with a guy I just met: Do NOT just take some pills he offers you even if they are really pretty.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#74Bill Cosby Rape Allegations
Posted: 11/21/14 at 12:40pm

"Just guessing here - but maybe this has much more to do with the women and what they have struggled with (if the allegations are true) as opposed to just seeking punishment for Cosby."

Well, that is all well and good, but the media/online discussion seems to keep framing this on how it will impact Cosby.