pixeltracker

The 2015 NBC Live Musical?- Page 6

The 2015 NBC Live Musical?

JohnyBroadway
#125The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 10:36pm

I imagine that if they ended up pursuing Cinderella that the RNH library would insist on the bean adaptation. If I remember correctly Cinderella was actually up against Pan on the table last year.

skylight2
#126The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 10:56pm

They should totally do Cinderella after The Music Man. But only if they cast an actress who can really sing the score. No pop stars please.

SamIAm2
#127The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 10:56pm

I doubt that R&H Cinderella (Beane version) would be an option for next year because it would coincide with the national tour of the show.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#128The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:07pm

Could they do West Side Story?
It may not be cheery, but it's beautiful and entertaining. People would most certainly tune in.

Starship
#129The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:10pm

Considering the leads in Peter Pan and Sound of Music kinda felt uncomfortable and shifty in their roles, I doubt WSS, which is considerably larger and more complex, would look much better.

icecreambenjamin
#130The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:12pm

What if they got people who were comfortable in the roles? Maybe some actors with stage experience. I'd love to see Jeremy Jordan as Tony.

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#131The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:14pm

I think that NBC should go with what was previously announced and do The Music Man. To me the book shout to be done as Live televised version. I would really be happy if Music Man is confirmed.

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#132The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:14pm

I think that NBC should go with what was previously announced and do The Music Man. To me the book shout to be done as Live televised version. I would really be happy if Music Man is confirmed.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#133The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/5/14 at 11:37pm

If they ever possibly consider Cinderella, could it be done ala Legally Blonde on MTV but a live broadcast of the touring production? Or use the tour designs with an all-star cast on a soundstage as Sound of Music and Peter Pan?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#134The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 12:00am

The Wizard of Oz?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

icecreambenjamin
#135The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 12:54am

^oooo
yus!! Laura Osnes would be a wonderful Dorothy.

Dorothy- Laura Osnes
Scarecrow- Christian Borle
Tin Man- Rob McClure
Lion- Norm Lewis
Wicked Witch- Donna Murphy

THIS MUST HAPPEN

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#136The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:01am

I could never ever watch anything other than the original. There are wonderful performers in this world, but there is only one Judy Garland.

icecreambenjamin
#137The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:04am

^Absolutely. Judy Garland IS Dorothy.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#138The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:10am

WIZARD OF OZ would be disastrous. Endless mercilessly negative comparisons to the beloved film. Remember SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE? They wouldn't even be able to bill it as based on something different than the film because that film IS that story.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#139The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:16am

Oh great, you got me thinking about the Wizard of Oz. Now I have to watch it again.

skylight2
#140The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 1:24am

"If they ever possibly consider Cinderella, could it be done ala Legally Blonde on MTV but a live broadcast of the touring production?"

Why would they waste primetime on unknown theater actors? They'll do this with celebrities.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#141The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 2:39am

How bout THE DROWSY CHAPERONE!

It'd be a ratings bomb, but wouldn't it be marvelous rewritten as a 1950's TV live adaptation of the "classic" 1920's show? With silly jokes like visible cameramen and lights, or about the commercial breaks killing the flow of the show. And the sponsor could be something really absurd with silly live commercials for it. Maybe have a really age inappropriate "original cast member" from the stage show?

I'm deadly serious.

Starship
#142The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 2:43am

The Drowsy Chaperone could work with the right names. It wouldn't be something people would tune into without at LEAST two big names (ala Carrie Underwood).

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#143The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 2:46am

It'd have to be black & white though. Or maybe it could be a rare color copy? Most of those late '50s live TV musicals were actually done in color though the color copies are lost.

EDIT: The sponsor could be that cocaine infused toothpaste Percy Hyman was the spokesperson for! "But now with no cocaine! And 50% more sugar!"

Updated On: 12/6/14 at 02:46 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#144The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 3:30am

You know what? I'd rather they don't do anything. It's such bullsh*t already. A f*cking waste of time.

skylight2
#145The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 5:36am

"You know what? I'd rather they don't do anything. It's such bullsh*t already. A f*cking waste of time."

No one's forcing you to watch.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#146The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 6:29am

If they go ahead with The Music Man, I'd love to see Joseph Gordon Levitt as Harold. Here's his fantastic take on Make 'Em Laugh from SNL:

JGL on SNL

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Gothampc
#147The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 8:33am

I doubt they would invest the money and effort into it, but I'd like to see them go all out and produce a production of Meet Me In St. Louis. It's perfect for a Christmas show: sentimental, good music, family values.

I'm going through my mind trying to figure out who could play the Judy Garland role. If they cast that role perfectly, the show would fly.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#148The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 9:05am

My top choice is Beauty and the Beast. It would be such a gigantic ratings hit! Maybe even more than SOM with the right stars. Everyone loves Beauty and the Beast. I should direct it The 2015 NBC Live Musical?

mikey2573
#149The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
Posted: 12/6/14 at 10:16am

"A Christmas Story: The Musical" would be perfect. Huge name recognition from the 1980s movie. Great family show, with lots of opportunities for stunt casting (Santa Claus, Miss Shields, Jean Shepherd) and then get a great group of Broadway stars to handle the leads (John Bolton as the Old Man, he's spent so many years doing that show, it would be a nice reward). If NBC doesn't do it due to their MUSIC MAN commitment, then how about Fox or CBS or one of the cable networks?
This does not have to be an NBC-only party.

Videos