pixeltracker

Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago

Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago

broadwayboy223
#1Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 2:33pm

She would be perfect for either role! Plus I would just love to see her back on broadway.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 2:33pm

Maybe because she has better things to do than be the 87th replacement in an exhausted long-running production?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 3:13pm

Or maybe she's never been asked. Or maybe she doesn't want to. (But luvtheemcee is probably correct.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Alessio2
#4Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 3:36pm

I too would love to see her back on Broadway but not in something thats been running for 17+ years. Something new or a revival would be great!

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#5Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 3:41pm

And they would have to transpose either role up a fifth at least for her voice, since she's not a baritone. And she's not primarily a dancer. And, as has been stated, why should she push the caboose on that long old train?

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#6Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 4:23pm

I could see her as Roxy. It would be a very different interpretation though.
This probably won't be happening anytime soon since Chicago isn't exactly a big deal right now even though it is a good show.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 4:55pm

She's been on Broadway a total of two times, she's mostly a television actress, so why would she play those roles?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#8Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 5:08pm

"This probably won't be happening anytime soon since Chicago isn't exactly a big deal right now even though it is a good show."

You see that changing in the future?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#9Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 5:12pm

Maybe she can do it in the NBC live TV version in 2018.

icecreambenjamin
#10Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 5:21pm

haterobics
No.
Not really.
No.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#11Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 5:40pm

She's been on Broadway a total of two times, she's mostly a television actress, so why would she play those roles?

Um, what?? Very strange logic. And she's only had significant TV roles twice, both in dreadful cancelled shows.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 12/9/14 at 05:40 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#12Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 5:53pm

So if you're not on Broadway you're not a stage actor? Great logic!

She'd be miscast as Velma, but I'd love to see her take on Roxie. Don't really see how this is "below" her or something like that, Roxie Hart is a fantastic role and the CHICAGO revival is still top notch.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Sutton Ross
#13Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 6:23pm

LOL. So sorry. She's been in four shows total, so no, not really a stage actress. She is, the majority of the time, a television actress.

Showface
#14Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 6:27pm

Not only has she been in four Broadway shows, but she had a Carnegie Hall concert where she sang songs from the stage.
One of her TV shows centered around the stage. She's also been in various workshops and readings.

Compare that two her two TV shows where she had a Lead or Supporting role (SMASH, Sean Saves the World) and her few spots on crime shows and Melissa and Joey, she is clearly a stage actress. Plenty of stage actors get spots in TV shows.

icecreambenjamin
#15Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 6:31pm

Even if she wasn't a stage actress (WHICH SHE IS), she has one hell of a voice and I'd love to see her in any show.

Sutton Ross
#16Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 7:37pm

"Not only has she been in four Broadway shows"

She's been in two Broadway shows, not four.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2047859/

Four theater shows vs. 34 television and movie credits. Hm... Updated On: 12/9/14 at 07:37 PM

Liza's Headband
#17Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 7:51pm

Why does she have to be either/or? Why can't she just be.... an actress? I guess that's just too crazy to imagine because then it would take away one more thing to argue and debate about on here.

Showface
#18Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:05pm

"Four theater shows vs. 34 television and movie credits. Hm..."

Plenty of those TV credits were roles that lasted a few minutes.

I agree she can be both, but she is mainly theater. When people say "Megan Hilty" one thinks, "Stage star who was on Smash and Sean Saves the World" not "TV star who was in some stage shows".

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#19Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:29pm

If we're determining strictly based on numbers, she's primarily a voice actress.

Which of course she isn't.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#20Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:34pm

I think she's mostly a stage actress. and plus she's doing the honeymooners soon so she will most likely be back on broadway very soon. I can't really see her doing either velma or roxy anyway.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#21Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:50pm

She's a Broadway baby all the way. Not that this is an absolute determinant of one's career, but she studied theater at CMU. She has said countless times that the stage is her first love but that she too doesn't like the "stage" or "television" actress label. Let's just call her what she is: supremely talented lady who should come back to bway

Showface
#22Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:52pm

" Let's just call her what she is: supremely talented lady who should come back to bway"

Yes! I agree! She is supremely talented, and I hope she comes back to Broadway and wins a Tony! I hope her big role that will win it will be for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes if it hits Broadway (which it should).

Sutton Ross
#23Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 8:58pm

Think whatever you want, but she isn't mostly a theater actress, if you read about her jobs in her life, they are mostly non theater jobs. Again 4 vs. 34, based on that she is television actress.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#24Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:06pm

That 4 vs 34 is so incredibly inaccurate as the 4 only includes those projects she's done that have actually made it to the stage. As a few others have mentioned, she has been a part of several readings and workshops which, obviously, don't factor into her ibdb profile or wherever you're finding this information.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#25Why has Megan hilty not played velma or roxie in chiago
Posted: 12/9/14 at 10:46pm

It's just very flawed logic to say she's not a stage actress because she has more credits on IMDB than on IBDB. I'd go so far as to say that most Broadway actors probably have more IMDB credits than Broadway credits.