pixeltracker

"Into the Woods" separatists thread- Page 3

"Into the Woods" separatists thread

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#50ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:10pm

ITW

Wow, it's really bothering you that much?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#51ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:18pm

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING IN MY THREAD?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#52ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:22pm

Nope. Not til I saw that my simple request (along with others) resulted in this parody thread.

Been on here for many years and avoided going down bitchy snark-holes like this til now. A NYT/theater employee friend in NYC said "you still go on that site?" when we were visiting in Oct and I mentioned this board. Kinda seeing why now...

CarlosAlberto
#53ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:23pm

I was just trying to impart some sage advice to our dear friend jpbran who seems to be distraught about their not being a separate INTO THE WOODS review thread.

It helps to ease the pain when someone is hurting.

themysteriousgrowl
#54ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:30pm

Oh, I see, Carlos. Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

And, jpbran, before you leave the site, I'd like to thank you for the new addition to my signature.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#55ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:33pm

Anyone who asks "you still go to that site" still goes to this site.

....but the world goes 'round

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#56ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:48pm

tazber: LOL.. probably!

Not leaving... too entertaining to leave. Just confused by the unnecessary drama over wanting something as simple as a review thread when almost every show seems to get one. Didn't really "care" per se; just baffled by the hostile reaction. (And now by the epic, Mean Girls-level condescension from CarlosAlberto.)

CarlosAlberto
#57ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:50pm

ITW

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#58ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:50pm

This would make a kicky theme song.

Whatcha got? Hey, whatcha doin'?

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#59ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:52pm

ITW

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#60ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 1:07pm

Jpbran complained in the other thread that there should be a separate review thread for ITW. Rather than do something, like...perhaps start a review thread for ITW, he complained more.

That is the behavior that gets humorous threads like these started.

Am I not seeing this clearly?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

themysteriousgrowl
#61ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 1:14pm

No, let's let jpbran nail himself to his own cross, as he's never been snarky or sarcastic on this board.

Wildcard
#62ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 1:14pm

I understand why we'd need a review thread for a Broadway show. I don't get why we need a review thread for a movie. Isn't that what Rotten Tomatoes is for?

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#63ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 1:54pm

"I don't get why we need a review thread for a movie. Isn't that what Rotten Tomatoes is for?"
THAT is a great point, and something I hadn't thought of...

And I'll now say looking back at the other board, I thought other people were asking too and had been told it was a bad idea, so I didn't want to start a new thread and annoy people. But I guess it was just me and one or two others...Then I just got irritated when I saw this satire-titled thread (now changed to ITW) and the posts implying/saying people wanted threads for EVERYTHING regarding the movie. I fold and apologize.

And growl: I don't THINK I've been snarky or sarcastic too much here...I do need to stop throwing the word "gestapo"around. Gah.

(PS-- No matter how the above reads, it's sincere and NOT supposed to be bitchy) Updated On: 12/19/14 at 01:54 PM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#64ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 3:52pm

Very cool response, jpbran.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

themysteriousgrowl
#65ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 5:03pm

Is this one of the most inept film reviews ever written this side of Rex Reed?

http://www.filmjournal.com/filmjournal/content_display/reviews/major-releases/e3i8684d8009f075896368fc1d018fef731

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#66ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 6:25pm

^^ Not far off from that hideous Fandango user review...

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#67ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 7:17pm

You have a beautiful family jpbran.

....but the world goes 'round

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#68ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 8:22pm

Thx, tazber! I think she was auditioning for Riverdance or something.... Dances non-stop.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#69ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:14pm

I didn't look hard enough for the other possible meaning of the word heel. I checked only a little bit of Dictionary.com and I think I tried Google but didn't look through very much.

Updated On: 12/19/14 at 10:14 PM

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#70ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:39pm

This thread is very floral and fragrant.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

CarlosAlberto
#71ITW
Posted: 12/20/14 at 1:24am

I agree...it smells very lavender/vanilla....

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#72ITW
Posted: 12/20/14 at 10:36am

Edelstein: Well, there’s the rub. I didn’t think the show fully earned its slap-in-the-face second act onstage, either, but in a Sondheim musical you don’t expect happily-ever-afters;

What is so hard to get about how the libretto earns its second act?

You have a second inciting incident: Jack went to another realm, stole and killed and now the surviving Giant is pissed, as anyone would be.

And you have ensuing complications: Jack's neighbors, in addition to their coping with their petty fulfillments not being as personally fulfilling as they seemed they might be while they were in a state of pre-fulfillment deprivation and longing, have to cope with collective accountability, their will to survive (those who still have one) and all the difficult choices real life brings.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#73ITW
Posted: 12/20/14 at 6:31pm

Another seriously inept review, courtesy of Compuserve. Yes, COMPUSERVE. Guess the PanAm in-flight magazine or the Betamax-Lover Weekly wasn't available. You can find the pull quote at RottenTomatoes.. Don't want to link here and increase their click count to the double digits. ITW

Crazy run-on sentences, an oddly-scolding tone, and an almost child-like lack of basic story comprehension. Bizarre.