pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 4

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#75Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 5:21pm

Does JCM jump down into the crowd on the same side of the audience that the others have?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#76Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 5:22pm

He walked down the stairs on the same side as the others, and jumped onto the other side where no previous ones have, to my knowledge.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#77Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 5:49pm

Thanks, I saw NPH use the stairs and jump on different chairs on both sides of the aisle. And I saw MCH walk down the stairs and only jump on 1 chair on the aisle center section.

Haterobics, when you say jump onto the other side do you mean the other main aisle on the other side of the orchestra?

I am looking at flights for the next 2 weekends to come in to see this .... crazy!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#78Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 5:50pm

"Haterobics, when you say jump onto the other side do you mean the other main aisle on the other side of the orchestra? "

Yes.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#79Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 5:59pm

What seat got the car wash?

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

dntdrmitbeit
#80Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:12pm

BB3 -- NOT the aisle seat. crawled on top of her straight from the stage.....he had called the girl out for having her phone out earlier in the show, so he decided to sit on her face. the most aggressive carwash I've seen yet ha

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#81Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:18pm

"We got a variation of that as I get he was a bit congested, so he put his finger over one nostril and launched whatever was blocking his nasal passage onto the stage through the other, and he told someone in the front row, they could clone him with that, if I'm remembering correctly."

He blew a snot rocket and then bragged about it?

Stephanatic

South Florida
#82Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:20pm

Stephanatic

rjm516
#83Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 6:46pm

He rewarded the girl with the phone out with a carwash?! I wish he would have taken her phone instead and done something funny with it, like read texts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#84Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 7:14pm

"He blew a snot rocket and then bragged about it?"

Yes.

"He rewarded the girl with the phone out with a carwash?!"

Sadly, yes. She wasn't just texting or anything, either. She was taking full-on pictures during Origin of Love. Very stealthy, though. She had the brightness down to nothing...

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#85Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 7:35pm

Regarding the car wash, I have a feeling (and I could be wrong) that JCM chose that particular seat because of its location vis a vis the stage. I watched as he very carefully eased himself from a sitting position on the stage to the arms of the chair. (I think one of the other Hedwigs actually slipped off the arms of the chair while performing.) JCM has said he's not that physically inclined, so we will see in future performances if he picks the same (or similar) spot all the time.

Also, he delivered a few of his lines as asides, and I missed a couple of those jokes. Did anyone else notice that? Other people were laughing though, so maybe it was just me. (Plus, I was sitting on the side, in a box.)

One more question: Did he actually tell the audience to "shut the f**k up" a few times? I thought I heard that!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#86Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 7:43pm

"One more question: Did he actually tell the audience to "shut the f**k up" a few times? I thought I heard that!"

Yes, when we wouldn't stop applauding, he said that on occasion. He also said it is OK if we kept clapping since that meant he could rest while he waited.

Rainbow Carnage
#87Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 10:07pm

Okay, someone please explain to me how exactly I'm supposed to focus on work at all until I head down to NYC to see this on March 4th??? I was following all the tweets etc last night and was almost in tears with jealousy.

Also - is there ANY chance Trask and JCM are together? I know that's very unlikely and maybe a pipe dream but I've seen about 3 photos of them smooching at various points in the night last night (including post-show party) and holding hands. I would die.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#88Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 10:10pm

Easy. Pop down this weekend. See it, then you'll be good until you see it again on March 4.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#89Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/22/15 at 11:27pm

I wondered the same thing. It did seem like a romantic kiss, not like a friend to friend kiss. It was pretty passionate. Beyond that, I have no idea.

South Florida
#90Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/23/15 at 7:57am

PerfectlyMarvelous needs to check in. Hope he extends until Fun Home previews, can't make any plans until I know.

Stephanatic

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#91Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/23/15 at 11:28pm

I saw the show tonight and was just blown away. He was just so... real. I couldn't believe the honesty in the performance. You don't get too many experiences like this on Broadway these days. I got the feels real bad.

I was surprised to find so many empty seats around me in the Mezz. I am blaming it on the slow January sales, but I thought tonight would be packed. Looking on TodayTix (where I got my $59 mezz ticket) they still have a bunch of seats available for next week. If you haven't used TodayTix before, then use my code FBZZY to get an additional $20 off your already discounted ticket!

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#92Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/23/15 at 11:33pm

Yeah, this is definitely not on enough people's radar, which is a shame. There was decent seating on all three levels throughout the day today... unless they need him to extend for the next Hedwig, I don't see him extending based on demand... they also need to put the discount codes back up.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#93Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/23/15 at 11:40pm

damn, I was really hoping he'd sell out most of his shows so they could start selling SRO again.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#94Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:01am

7 p.m. tomorrow looks like a possibility for SRO.

Of course, this show often makes it hard to tell, as they love their dynamic pricing, so they usually release, sell; release, sell; etc., but if demand isn't as high maybe they'll just open the house up more from the get-go, like they did with AR.

Honestly, JCM as Hedwig at a discount is the best deal on Broadway right now. Even at full price, no complaints. These eight weeks are going to be something people wish they got to see...

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#95Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:32am

Dynamic pricing is right .... I bought regular priced tickets about 3 days ago for $144 and the same row and seat numbers are now premium seats for $300 for other shows Updated On: 1/24/15 at 01:32 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#96Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 8:41am

Seeing it Tuesday. So very glad for JCM that his return to the show is, in many ways, just as much a "thing" as it was for NPH to revive it.

For many, it is even more of a "thing."

Updated On: 1/24/15 at 08:41 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#97Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 9:06am

It is actually everything.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#98Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 10:45am

I was at the invited dress and to say it was the most anticipated and exciting theater experience I ever had is an understatement! I was right there with the ovation even before JCM took the stage and almost fainted with excitement at his entrance. Seeing Hedwig the way it was meant to be performed is such a satisfying experience. The moments I could hardly handle were during "The Origin of Love" "Angry Inch" and of course "Midnight Radio" , my favorite.

John is in incredible voice. Finally, I hope those who have seen other Hedwigs can understand what I meant when I critiqued that they didn't fully inhabit the character, that they lacked the emotion necessary to know who Hedwig is.

Oh, and the line about the west wing of his hair has been permanent since off broadway.

. I went with a friend who said he hated the show the first time he saw it with another actor in the role. He's now in love with it.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#99Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 1/24/15 at 12:17pm

Jane, I'm so glad you were there for that!

Anyone who never understood your comments before now has an easy way to remedy that, for 7 more weeks. Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

I enjoyed seeing each of the Hedwigs before, but as soon as John came down on Wednesday night, I was like, OK, I was kidding myself. This is the one true Hedwig.