pixeltracker

Another bump for Finding Neverland - Page 3

Another bump for Finding Neverland

evic
#50Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/2/15 at 11:46pm

Any bets as to how many people will be fired by Harvey before opening?

CarlAlan610
#51Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/3/15 at 11:28am

It is such a shame Harvey is making some poor choices. I still think replacing Jordan was mistake. I loved the show at the ART and hope this negativity around the production and firings and replacements do not overshadow what I thought was one of the best new musicals to come around in a long time.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#52Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/3/15 at 4:33pm

How can you say he is making poor choices when no one has seen the final product yet? I also wish Jeremy was taking the show to Broadway but Morrison is more than capable of leading a show and he is fantastic Onstage. I honestly think this show will hit big (if Harvey doesn't burn too many bridges.) But even if he does, Don't blame the actors for an idiot producer. Diane and the cast are working hard to put on the best show they can and they have something special.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

CarlAlan610
#53Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/3/15 at 5:35pm

You misunderstand me. I also love the show and think it will be a big hit. I just meant its a shame that people are dismissing the show because the "drama" around the show: the publicists firing last week, the replacing of Jordan even if it was always the plan, and the general negative feelings people have towards Harvey. I also think Morrison will be great - I just think its a shame that Jordan was not brought to Broadway after giving such a heartfelt, strong performance here in Boston. I already have my tickets for March and can not wait to see the changes they make in the book, score, and staging along with the new performers. And I agree that the director and actors have should not be blamed - they are working hard and the ensemble at the ART was incredible.
Updated On: 2/3/15 at 05:35 PM

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#54Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:21am

" But even if he does, Don't blame the actors for an idiot producer. Diane and the cast are working hard to put on the best show they can and they have something special."

Yes. Thank you. SO much negativity which I can't understand. JJ was never replaced, he was keeping Matt's seat warm, so to speak. I'm sorry he didn't get the part, but he's got great things ahead of him. If Weinstein is a difficult character, I'm sure the cast and director have to deal with it too. I hope it'll do great.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#55Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:16pm

CarlAlan, I also think Morrison will be great - I just think its a shame that Jordan was not brought to Broadway after giving such a heartfelt, strong performance here in Boston.
---
A source informs me that Jordan was cast-contracted for the ART production only and not for the future-Broadway production as Morrison all along was going to do it on Broadway but was tied up with Glee for the ART run.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#56Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:44pm

"A source informs me that Jordan was cast-contracted for the ART production only and not for the future-Broadway production as Morrison all along was going to do it on Broadway but was tied up with Glee for the ART run."
As my source is Mr Morrison, I can absolutely confirm that your source is correct.

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#57Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 3:45pm

Yes we all knew this.

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#58Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:10pm

Considering all the jokes/hate Morrison is still getting from many JJ fans, I guess not all.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#59Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 4:22pm

I haven't really seen any hate for Morrison. I assume you aren't talking on here but on twitter or something. Funny enough, the only the only "hate" I have seen for Morrison came from Jeremy Jordan's Mother and brother lol.

CarlAlan610
#60Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 6:55pm

Even if that was the plan, and Jordan was only contracted for the ART run, I doubt Jordan knew that. Why would he sign up to do a show in that context? It doesn't make sense. Whats done is done and I am sure Morrison will be great. I hope Jordan replaces him when Morrison leaves the show. Anyone know how long his contract is?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:06pm

I am absolutely sure Jordan and his representation knew that when they signed a contract that didn't stipulate for rights to continue with the show should it transfer.

He would sign up to do the show for the exposure. He's not exactly a star outside of this limited circle.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#62Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:10pm

In addition to the exposure, it's an incredible show; plus, it's a *job.* I know plenty of people on here thought it was a terrible show, but plenty of us also think it was wonderful; maybe Jordan did too, and maybe that's one reason he decided to do it. And maybe some of the other people working on it (possibly including cast, director, choreographer, composers, etc) were people he wanted to work with. Who knows? The possibility of a transfer to Bway can't be the *only* reason an actor/singer would choose to do a regional production, can it?

CarlAlan610
#63Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:18pm

I have no doubt that Jordan and his reps knew a Broadway run was not guaranteed, but I doubt they were told that the role was Morrison's on Broadway before the ART run even started. In fact he said as much here...

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/onstage-backstage-jet-setting-with-andrea-martin-and-when-was-jeremy-jordan-cougar-bait-336855/P2

I hear the point that maybe he wanted to work with the directors, cast, etc...I still do not think he would sign up to be a place holder for Morrison. While he may not be as famous, he is certainly sought after in the Broadway world.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#64Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:22pm

Now I can't stop thinking about Jeremy keeping Matt's "seat" warm.

This show has a lot going against it and don't expect Broadway and the local producer's clique to go easy on it. If it's not really great it will get creamed and then Harvey will have to spend a ton to fill the theatre. (He does have the moola to do that)

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#65Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:29pm

I'm sure there are other reasons Jordan chose to do the out of town; as mentioned, just having a job, maybe getting to work with Kelly, Paulus, Carmello, etc., maybe getting to spend half the summer and part of the fall in Boston, or maybe he just really loves the original movie or the story itself. Who knows? But he did it, he was great, and now Morrison will assume the role.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#66Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:47pm

Doing an out of town run NEVER guarantees that you will transfer with a show. He knows that

If he is so sought after, why didn't he have a different job?

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved him in the role (and I'd been relatively lukewarm on JJ before this). I'd have loved to have seen him transfer with it. But that's the way this business goes. He knows that.

I love how the person this involves (JJ) handles this better than the fans. He's a big boy that understands the business.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sunny11
#67Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 8:11pm

I don't think that the majority of ticket buyers are aware of these kinds of politics surrounding a show or make their decisions based on it.

. At least the last time I saw a Broadway show was during a family holiday to New York, we just browsed the options in a magazine in our hotel and picked the Adams family since we where fans of the movies, It was just an impulse decision on how to spend a evening.

Back Row
#68Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/4/15 at 8:29pm

I enjoyed the show, and I was one of the ones who questioned why Jordan would take the job without a Broadway guarantee, but what's done is done and that's his business. A lot of things could have been handled better on the communications end that could have made the transition a little smoother, but I suspect that Harvey kept communications at a minimum while he strung Jordan and McGrath along until he had Morrison and Grammer firmly under contract. Keep in mind that Jordan's entire Broadway career (including performing the lead role, either as the lead or understudy, in four musicals) has happened while Morrison was in California filming Glee. Much of his fan base is naturally pretty young, and I'm sure that many of them associate Morrison only with Glee, so the change comes off as stunt casting to them. Of course it's not, but some better communication from the Weinstein organization could have diminished that perception.

As it is, Jordan appears to be happy as hell doing his cabaret shows and various workshops, concerts and readings, as well as promoting The Last Five Years movie (distributed by Weinstein). And Finding Neverland now has almost no momentum from the A.R.T. run, due to the changes and the turmoil surrounding the show. I haven't seen any hate directed toward Morrison by Jordan fans, just indifference. They cared about the show because Jeremy was in it. Now that he's not, they don't care about it anymore. That has nothing to do with Morrison. (I thought we had determined that the "hate tweet" by Jordan's brother was actually sarcasm directed at JJ fans who were reacting so strongly to the change)

One quote from Weinstein that stood out to me (I believe it was in the Hollywood Reporter interview) was that the dedication and talent in Broadway actors (he mentioned Jordan and McGrath by name) was something that was a new discovery for him. He lives in a world of movies and television, so I'm guessing he knew little or nothing about either McGrath (a Tony winner) or Jordan (a Tony nominee) prior to the A.R.T. run, and had made up his mind about who he wanted to star in his musical based on what he knew.

At any rate, Finding Neverland is now in the middle of the pack of a number of high profile new musicals, and they have an uphill battle if they want to separate themselves from that pack.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#69Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/5/15 at 1:28pm

They put up the marquee at the theater, and I have to say, I don't hate it, but it does look like a 90s era musical. It doesn't look all that "new" or fresh.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#70Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/6/15 at 9:00pm

"Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Tony nominee Jeremy Jordan will no longer be able to appear in the Feb. 7 performance of #SOBLESSED Live! Instead, Julia Murney (Wicked) will star as Jeremy Jordan, and in this exclusive video, he gives Murney advice.

According to press notes, 'This will be Ms. Murney's debut as Jeremy Jordan, and she’s more excited to play Jeremy Jordan than even Matthew Morrison.'"

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/exclusive-jeremy-jordan-gives-julia-murney-sound-advice-on-how-to-play-him-at-54-below-video-341127

*sporfle*

Sunny11
#71Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/7/15 at 6:18am

So she was playing idina menzel in wicked all that time and not the character ?

mikey2573
#72Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/7/15 at 8:32am

You think the rotation of the boys is ridiculous?

Wait until you see the show.

Updated On: 2/7/15 at 08:32 AM

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#73Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/7/15 at 9:03am

You have seen the show?

Sunny11
#74Another bump for Finding Neverland
Posted: 2/7/15 at 9:32pm

"@Matt_Morrison: Excited to hit the recording studio tomorrow with @GaryBarlow Then back on a plane to NY for more @NeverlandBway rehearsals!!"

Might this be for the concept album or the OBC soundtrack?