pixeltracker

Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun- Page 3

Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#50Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:08am

I wonder at what point they'll drag up Jeb's very active (and unpopular) role in the Terri Schiavo case. His role in that will play well to the "base," but not the rest of the country.

Regarding Hillary's invincibility, I think it depends on who the Republicans choose to nominate. She'd have no trouble with someone like Huckabee, Jindal, Christie (imagine those debates!), or even Mittens. I think Walker (who is a very good debater) represents a more formidable challenge, though.

Updated On: 2/3/15 at 10:08 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#51Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:19am

Between the fact that this country loves to vote against its own interests, and that way the Republicans are great at coming up with a boogeyman to rally the troops against, I have no confidence whatsoever that Hillary (if she even runs) is gonna walk away with this.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#52Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:31am

Me either...I've been burned by that mentality too many times. Way too much can happen.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Gothampc
#53Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:40am

Hollywood is leaning towards Elizabeth Warren
Link

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#54Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 11:05am

A Warren-Clinton fight is every conservative's wet dream.

Not gonna happen.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#55Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 11:30am

It's my wet dream too.
But sadly I agree. It's not gonna happen.

Gothampc
#56Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 12:21pm

"A Warren-Clinton fight is every conservative's wet dream."

But let's be honest. Warren reaches younger people, where Hillary can't. Warren has posted some interesting ideas, whereas Hillary is just running on "When bill was in office..."

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#57Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 12:29pm

Hillary is just running on "When bill was in office..."

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#58Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 2:26pm

Why do you guys think Jeb can't win? The Republicans aren't stupid, they need someone electable who can get some of the Hispanic people on their team, not for just 2016 but forever. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, ain't happening. Hope Clinton is brushing up on her Spanish.

Stephanatic

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#59Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 2:28pm

The thought of having to choose between another Bush or another Clinton is horribly depressing.

Gothampc
#60Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 3:02pm

"The thought of having to choose between another Bush or another Clinton is horribly depressing."

Exactly!!!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#61Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 3:54pm

Why do you guys think Jeb can't win?

Because no one likes him.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#62Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 5:46pm

Ya sure PJ? He brings an I can carry Florida tag, what are smart Republicans looking for? Someone who can carry Florida, Ohio, New Mexico. I see no difference in Jeb and Hillary and I'm a flaming liberal.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#63Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/3/15 at 10:25pm

Take the Drudge poll yourself. Vote for Jeb. Look at his numbers--and the Drudge poll represents two demographics: news junkies and deep conservatives.

DRUDGE: YOUR VOTE FOR REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#64Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 5:37am

Now the two parties are jumping in on the vaccine "debate" with democrats saying, "VACCINATE YOUR DAMN KIDS!" and republicans saying, "There needs to be an element of personal choice!" I can't believe the GOP is willing to hitch their wagons to another tin foil hat topic.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 2/4/15 at 05:37 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#65Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 5:50am

Right? It's the most absurd thing.

Where is this whole vaccination issue coming from all of the sudden? Or has it always been an issue and I was just unaware because I don't have children?

ETA: Oh, I forgot about the measles outbreak. I'm assuming that's why this is suddenly an issue.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 2/4/15 at 05:50 AM

JerseyGirl2
#66Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 6:45am

Long rant follows. Feel free to skip!

It's a big story because of the Disneyland outbreak, but the political interest is also because of climbing numbers of parents choosing to not vaccinate, based on, "personal research." This research is often limited to single minded blogs and, "studies," with NO peer revision. Without peer revision the data is worthless. If it can't be replicated, it's a theory that can easily be disproven by science. I used to question vaccines because I lived with staunch anti-vaxxers and read Andrew Wakefield's report on vaccines and autism. My problem was always that his data couldn't be replicated, but he was a serious scientist who worked with children on the spectrum. It was hard to ignore. Then he admitted he lied and falsified data. That pissed me off enough. Then I became a parent. Now I take the sh!t VERY personally.

At Disneyland, they think an international traveler was carrying the virus, but not yet symptomatic. You are contagious up to four days before the first symptom. It has a 90% contagious rating and can live airborne for more than 2 hours, so literally thousands of people were directly or indirectly exposed. If patient zero hit every ride in the park, every spot could have been swimming in the virus for two hours. Think about the people that move through there. There are 48 known cases of measles contracted by people who were at Disneyland in that time frame. 25 of those people were not vaccinated. The others didn't have enough titers that developed from their own vaccine. That happens. They fall under the category of people who depend on herd immunity. (My daughter falls under the same category, as she can't have her MMR yet, due to a benign brain tumor she has been on medication for since birth.) All 48 have taken the virus and theoretically spread it before knowing they had it. That number would have been at the very least cut in half had people been responsible. The bigger picture is that these kids who are unvaccinated by parental choice are often the kids of parents who associate with like minded families. One unvaccinated kid can spread it to dozens more. They can take it to school. They can pass it to kids too young or sick to get vaccinated. It's one of the easiest viruses to spread and one of the easiest to control. It stops being a personal choice when your kid can make my kid/grandmother/friend sick.

Of course, this whistle blower from the CDC also has all of the anti-vaxxers saying, "SEE?!!! I TOLD YOU!!!" GRRRRRR! lol

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 2/4/15 at 06:45 AM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#67Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 7:24am

Yesterday, for some odd reason I tuned into Rush Limbaugh's radio talk show.

Rush claims that the root cause of the measle outbreaks are the school-aged children of undocumented workers who have entered the country at points along the US-Mexico border.

Rush's pearls of wisdom are at the jump.

Sorry for being the skunk that showed up at the garden party.
Rush's Pearls of Wisdom

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

JerseyGirl2
#68Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 9:09am

Yes, Rush. It's undocumented children. Wait... wasn't it those undocumented children that get all of that FREE healthcare you're always bitching about?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#69Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 9:14am

Someday, the GOP may learn that willful ignorance is an increasingly bad plan.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Gothampc
#70Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 9:39am

"Rush claims that the root cause of the measle outbreaks are the school-aged children of undocumented workers who have entered the country at points along the US-Mexico border."

And what do you think is the cause?

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#71Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 9:55am

From what I hear, the Disneyland outbreak was most likely started by an infected foreign visitor. Early reports suggested that genetic tests of the virus affecting Americans are similar to strains seen in Indonesia, Qatar, Azerbaijan and Dubai. It spread, of course, because of unvaccinated American children.

JerseyGirl2
#72Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 9:56am

PEOPLE CHOOSING TO NOT VACCINATE THEIR CHILDREN! If all children capable of getting vaccinated would GET vaccinated, there would be a few cases here and there, brought in by people from countries where the vaccine is not readily available, caught by those unable to be immunized. Those cases would be rare, as it would take DIRECT contact for them to be infected. Now, it takes an unvaccinated person passing it to another, passing it to 15 in kids in the Crunchy Mama play group, passing it to an elderly person and an infant while shopping.

FindingNamo
#73Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:12am

The Rethugs know exactly what they're doing by keeping this phony debate going. Nobody's looking as they redistribute wealth to corporations and the rich.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could return to a time when "I did my own research on the topic" was not synonymous with "Googling".

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Gothampc
#74Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 2/4/15 at 10:33am

Anti-vaccination has been pushed by both liberals and conservatives.
Link