pixeltracker

Chilina Kennedy in BEAUTIFUL Thread- Page 3

Chilina Kennedy in BEAUTIFUL Thread

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#50Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 8/7/15 at 8:41am

Also, weird side note: But the first scene where Carole meets Gerry where they're in college, and their is randomly a piano in the hallway? Huh? Weird. But still I thought it was pretty successful show.

I'm sure they could probably change that for the film adaptation in development right now.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#51Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 8/7/15 at 12:28pm

I doubt anyone else thought it was weird. But it just struck me weird considering everything else. 

And I didn't realize it was being filmed. I don't think the show has much dramatic tension, but I wish we could have known more about everyone. I would have rather heard everything Tapestry song. 

petewk87
#52Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/25/16 at 9:18pm

What are people's thoughts, now that Kennedy and Wynn have been performing for over a year? Are they leaving the show anytime soon? Is it worth revisiting the show at this point? I am tempted to!

Updated On: 4/25/16 at 09:18 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#53Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/25/16 at 9:29pm

I saw the show show with Kennedy in the role back in November. I personally did not care for her at all. I didn't realize how much Jessie Mueller carried that show until I saw it without her. She elevated the weak book to greater heights. I didn't hate the show the first time I saw it, but I didn't love it either. The second time I saw the show I was bored, un-engaged, and the book problems that Muller was able to kind of hide with her performance were GLARING.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

iNick1224
#54Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/25/16 at 10:20pm

I am eager to see when Kennedy leaves. From the press clips, I wasn't thrilled with her. I have only seen the tour and would love if Abby would come replace for Chilina. 

Jeffrey Karasarides
#55Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/25/16 at 10:58pm

She is going to be participating in a private industry reading of A Sign of the Times, a new 60's musical written by Bruce Vilanch at the end of the week. It's unknown at this point whether or not she's going to be in the staged production at Goodspeed this summer.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#56Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 11:14am

I saw Chilina because I got discounted tickets to mid-Orchestra once and thought she was really good. I enjoyed the performance even more because of 3 midwest ladies (in their mid-50s) sitting next to me who screamed whenever The Drifters took the stage. It was overall fun performance, but I do think Jessie was far superior in the role.

And I know this is not the thread's main topic, but any word on the film version? All articles I found are from March 2015 and I'd love to know who they'll cast as Carole in the movie. I hope it's Jessie. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#57Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 11:19am

I've only seen Jessie Mueller and Katie Brayben in the actual show, but was very pleasantly surprised by Kennedy when I went to that free concert by the cast in Central Park last summer. (I still haven't seen the show since, though I want to!)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

petewk87
#58Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 12:29pm

Thanks for all the responses! Doesn't sound like people have been incredibly excited about Kennedy's performance... Probably not worth revisiting for me, but is the show still pretty good for someone who hasn't seen it?
Also, what about Jessica Keenan Wynn?

Jeffrey Karasarides
#59Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 12:53pm

And I know this is not the thread's main topic, but any word on the film version? All articles I found are from March 2015 and I'd love to know who they'll cast as Carole in the movie. I hope it's Jessie.

Movies take time to develop, so the producers aren't planning to rush it.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#60Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 1:47pm

petewk87 said: "Thanks for all the responses! Doesn't sound like people have been incredibly excited about Kennedy's performance... Probably not worth revisiting for me, but is the show still pretty good for someone who hasn't seen it?
Also, what about Jessica Keenan Wynn?

"

She left the show in October, when Anika Larsen returned from maternity leave. Larsen departed the show yesterday, and JKW returns to the role tomorrow  I thought she was fabulous, and I'm excited that she's back. 

I saw Kennedy very early on in her run and was not a fan. However, I think she's grown quite a lot in the role  

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#61Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 4/26/16 at 3:27pm

I really, really enjoyed both Kennedy and JKW in their roles.

Updated On: 4/26/16 at 03:27 PM

BrockMButler Profile Photo
BrockMButler
#62Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 6/20/16 at 12:33am

bwayphreak234 said: "I saw the show show with Kennedy in the role back in November. I personally did not care for her at all. I didn't realize how much Jessie Mueller carried that show until I saw it without her. She elevated the weak book to greater heights. I didn't hate the show the first time I saw it, but I didn't love it either. The second time I saw the show I was bored, un-engaged, and the book problems that Muller was able to kind of hide with her performance were GLARING.

"

Saw the show for the first time last night and had the exact same reaction. My brother-in-law who saw Jessie's last show and went with me said Chilina sings it better but that Jessie acted the hell out of it. Chilina seemed out to lunch in the book portions but I can't see how even Jessie could beat Kelli O'Hara for a Tony with that script to work with. The strip poker scene was so uncomfortable to watch and the wink wink borscht belt humor was groan worthy. Literally the worst book to a musical I've ever seen and the integration of songs was lazy and boring. I could count maybe 3 that were used to further the plot in some way. The rest was just cruise ship schmaltz. Just surpassed Newsies as the worst Broadway show I've ever seen.

Brock
Updated On: 6/20/16 at 12:33 AM

iNick1224
#63Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 12/23/16 at 12:03am

**BUMP 

Any news on Chilina's departure date? She's been in for almost 2 years. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#64Chilina Kennedy & Jessica Keenan Wynn in BEAUTIFUL Thread
Posted: 12/23/16 at 12:15am

I wonder if Abby Mueller will ever replace. It's been a while since she's been with the tour, so maybe she has moved on to other things. I would also feel bad for her to continue following Jessie's path. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement