pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 165

Hamilton Cancellation Line

elili
#4100Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:08pm

that's great. do they always let you leave now?

i thought the new rule was that once you got your tickets you had to stay

in the box office.

fyeahmaria Profile Photo
fyeahmaria
#4101Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/4/17 at 1:00pm

That's not a new rule, I think it was announced last summer when things were crazy and all tickets were sold right before the show. 

These days they tend to sell tickets earlier, and there is no way to force you to just wait around until the doors open. So yes they let you leave. 

Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty.

tylergrabo
#4102Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/6/17 at 6:13pm

elili said: "just called the box office and was told that you have to be 18 to purchase tickets.

hoping that people are going to be ok with my son standing in line then switching

out with his dad to purchase tickets later. we aren't buying additional tickets, just 4 in all.

anyone have experience with this?

I do not know if that's right because I'm 16 and I bought tickets in the cancellation line without any adults. Idk if I was just lucky or something, but when I called the box office a week or two ago, they said there wasn't an age restriction. Best of luck to everyone! :)

Mmangano
#4103Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/13/17 at 2:11pm

Looking for 2 tickets in mid August- early September if anyone is selling! I don't live near NYC anymore so it's too long of a trip to risk not getting tickets from the cancellation line when we get there. 

Thank you!

likeeohhmyygosh
#4104Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/16/17 at 12:56pm

Just wanted to share my experience in the line today (Thursday) and hopefully help others as this board helped me.

- I was 1st in line when I arrived at 9AM. #2 joined me shortly after. #s 3 & 4 didn't arrive until 11AM. 

- Everyone was very nice, chatty, and we took turns letting each other go grab coffee/restroom/ go warm up (today was the coldest day in February so far).

- I was offered Premium or Standard seats at 12PM for the 7PM show. I took Standard. Front row center of the Mezzanine (11 rows back from the stage). I was surprised I only had to wait 3 hours! It's worth it to be first in line when it's this cold. 

- There were no other Standard seats available at that time. I'm sure more became available, but I'm not sure how much longer my line-mates had to wait. 

Advice to anyone doing this in the cold: layer up! You can always remove layers if you get hot. But it is a cold and windy street. Handwarmers and footwarmers  will be your savior. Also, bring something soft and thick to sit on, the cold concrete will terrorize you. And bring a blanket (wind breaking, if you have one).

Good luck all!!

Updated On: 2/16/17 at 12:56 PM

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#4105Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/16/17 at 3:14pm

Here is my long, somewhat detailed, summary of my experience in the cancellation line yesterday (Wednesday) 

I took the train to Manhattan from Queens and was originally going to do Book of Mormon lottery. I put my name in at 4:30pm when the sign-up started and then decided to wander down to Hamilton to see how long the cancellation line was. 

When I got there, the student matinee was about to let out, but I saw a group of about 10 people standing together, which I assumed was where the cancellation line forms when a performance is about to let out, so I got in line around 4:40. 

I wasn't even sure if there was a performance that night since there was no lottery, but I'm pretty sure they cancelled the lottery due to the NYC Teacher event they were sponsoring. 

The matinee let out around 4:50, and then once it was clear, a guy moved the line in front of the theatre where the doors and stairs are. I decided to give up on my Book of Mormon chances since it seemed like a good chance of getting a Hamilton ticket. 

Around 5:30, a guy came out and said there were Premium tickets available for $850. Only 1 lady in front of me was interested so she went in, but came out 10 minutes later making it sound like there would likely be much cheaper tickets a little bit later, so she got back in line.

Around 6:00 or so, Williams? the cop who hangs out around the theatre came by and gave the rundown of the cancellation line. Then he counted how many people were in line and I ended up being Number 13. 

1-6 were too far ahead for me to talk to, but I think most of them got in line around 1pm.

7 and 8 got there around 3 and were a guy and girl in their 20's. 

9 got there around 3:30 and was the lady who was going to buy the premium but opted out.

10 got there around 4 and was a lady who I thought had originally gotten in line with 2 other people, but they ended up leaving and she was only getting a ticket for herself. She was really nice and gave me an extra bagel that her friends had gotten for her. (I was dumb and didn't eat any lunch before standing in line).

11 and 12 got there around 4:30 and were a mother and son who drove in from Ohio for the son's 10th birthday! They were both really sweet and the boy (George) has been wanting to see the show for a really long time. His Dad passed away last November and so his Mom was really hoping he'd get to to see the show even though she was freezing waiting in line. We let them leave and get pizza and coffee across the street, and nobody minded them getting back in line. I was telling myself and the people in line behind me that even if tickets ran out by the time I got to the box office, I wouldn't mind as long as George got to see the show! He even rapped Guns and Ships for us while we stood in line. 

13 was me, who got there at 4:45. 

14 got there around 5. He was a visiting from Australia for 5 days who wanted to see as many shows as possible. He was really fun to talk to about Australia and theatre in general. If he happens to read this, can we please get married so I can escape the political craziness here in the States? 

15 got there around 5:30 and was a girl who is moving to California next week, so she wanted to be able to see the show while she still lived here. For pretty much the majority of waiting in line, she was on the phone with Delta booking her flight to CA.

16 got there around 5:45 and was a nice 20 something girl who often walks past the line after work. She too had noticed that there was no lottery today so she thought she'd come by and see what availability was like.

There were about 3 more people in line behind them and then the barricades for the stagedoor were set up. On the other side of the barricades the line continued with people having showed up around 7 or so. 

At 7:30 they stared letting people with tickets enter the theatre. It was a little crazy because people with tickets lined up right next to the cancellation line, so it was hard to tell if people were cutting into the line or not. Everyone in the line was very aware of this though and we looked out for each other. 

The ticketholder line dissipated around 7:40, and then they started calling in the cancellation line 1 or 2 at a time. Once George and his Mom were called, it was a pretty cool feeling to be in the front of the line (and I was also happy that they got tickets!). 

It was probably around 7:50 that the guy came out and said he had 5 standing room available and if we wanted them we had to tell him now! I was actually hoping for SRO so right away I said yes, as did 14, 16 (and I assume 17 and 1Hamilton Cancellation Line. The girl who had been on the phone the whole time didn't want to stand (I think), but I still ended up seeing her walk into the theatre so she must have gotten a seat. 

I have no idea how much the people in front of me paid for their seats (I'm assuming $199), but I am so happy I got in line when I did and was able to get a $40 Standing Room ticket! 

I only wish I had dressed a little bit warmer (i was wearing a t-shirt under a jacket, but more layers would have been much nicer). But for only having to stand in line for 3.5 hours for an SRO ticket, I'd say the Cancellation Line was very worthwhile!

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

Rainah
#4106Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:15pm

WHat was SRO like, seat wise and comfort wise?

philicheesteak
#4107Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/16/17 at 11:24pm

I realize this is last minute, but me and my partner are standing in line tomorrow and would be willing to stand for two extra tickets in exchange for ours to be paid for. Please message me if you are interested! 

Rainyday3
#4108Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/17/17 at 7:18pm

How does lining up work on Saturdays if you only want to try for the evening show?  I've read a couple different reports, so kind of confused!

philicheesteak
#4109Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/20/17 at 10:35am

Just sharing our experience with the cancellation line on Friday, 02/17/2017. We got to the line at 6:00AM on the dot, me and my partner were first in line, quickly followed by numbers 3 and 4 at 6:15AM, then number 5 at 9AM. The Officer came at about 4PM, and asked if they have given out any tickets early, and we said no, and he asked that we all be ready in case they do call us in (at this point, there was about 16-18 people in line). An hour later, a man from the box office came out and started calling us in, they released 4 tickets at 5PM, so we were able to head home and freshen up. 

When we got back, we saw that we were the only ones out of line (we only bought 2 tickets), but 3 and 4 were buying 3 total, so they were waiting for one more. When we got to our seats, 10 minutes later, we saw the first 8 people that were in line inside too! (So that was great news! :)) 

We paid $199 for one ticket each, and our seats were in the second row! Great view of the stage and actors. Good luck to those of you trying for them, totally doable! Thank you for all of the previous posts that helped us! 

Updated On: 2/20/17 at 10:35 AM

sonyaisgood
#4110Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/20/17 at 10:54am

Rainyday3 said: "How does lining up work on Saturdays if you only want to try for the evening show?  I've read a couple different reports, so kind of confused!

"

You can join the line after 2:05 when the matinee line is told the show is sold out, or you can join the matinee line, tell them you don't want the matinee ticket if you get offered, and when they call it off, they offer you guys to keep waiting but on the other side (because where you guys wait is the theatre's exits, so they need to keep it clear while the show is going on)

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#4111Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:51am

Rainah said: "WHat was SRO like, seat wise and comfort wise?

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1081132&page=160

post #3977 

Updated On: 2/21/17 at 04:51 AM

pac2015
#4112Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/22/17 at 8:10am

Glad to see that this is still going strong and fans are still having luck!  I'll never forget my cancellation line experience about 10 months ago.  Met a lot of great people and that rush of getting a ticket 13 minutes before curtain was just something I'll never experience again.

LizB2
#4113Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/22/17 at 8:41am

rangersrule132 said: "casedilla2 said: "Hey everyone, I am doing the cancellation line in a couple weeks on Tuesday, 2/14. If anyone is interested in 1-2 tickets for that show and would be willing to help pay for my and my friend's tickets in exchange for waiting in line and making you our plus one, please message me!

If anyone is planning on waiting in the cancellation line on 2/25 or 2/26, I would love two tickets for my daughter and I and would be happy to pay for your tickets as well. Please send a message if interested. Thank you...

HappyWifeHappyLife
#4114Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/22/17 at 1:27pm

I've been following this thread for awhile now and finally decided to post. I'll be in NYC on 3/19 and am hoping to score 2 tickets to Hamilton that afternoon. Anyone wait on a Sunday recently have any advice?

HamiltonObsessed
#4115Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/22/17 at 1:45pm

Hey everyone, starting this weekend I'm back to line sitting. PM me if you're interested

Annika Lewis
#4116Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/23/17 at 11:04am

If anyone is in the line today and wants to make some extra money, would absolutely love two tickets for my fiancé and I. I'm at a conference at the Marriott just above the theater and will do lunch/snack/coffee runs and pay well for your time!  Text me at 347 271 0197 if interested - thank you!!

hannah1027
#4117Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/23/17 at 11:39am

I've been lurking on this board for months now, trying to get as much information as possible for when I try the line myself for the first time. I finally made an account now to make a post of my own and see if anyone has any last minute advice. 

My aunt and I are planning on trying the line on Sunday 3/5, hoping to catch Jordan Fisher's last performance. We're aiming to get there at around 6 am. If anyone has any advice or information or experience with the line on a Sunday, please let me know. 

I've also seen people on here looking for others to wait in line for them in exchange for paying for their tickets as well and if anyone's interested in paying for our tickets, we would definitely be willing to get an extra ticket or two for you. Like I said, we're aiming to get there at around 6 am, so we should be one of the first in line, I think. 

Thanks in advance everyone and thanks to everyone who's already posted their experiences and tips on here for all of us to read :)

Exitstageleft
#4118Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/24/17 at 11:15am

I just did the cancellation line yesterday! Here's my account:

I arrived around 10:30am and there were about 8 people in line at this point, with six of them wanting singles.  No one showed up behind me for another two hours or so. We were all able to sit on the steps.  Nice mix of folks - first woman arrived around 6ish.  The next came between 7:15-9:20, then me.

I'll skip the other specifics like people coming by, asking questions or telling their experiences. I'll say that around noonish or so, a worker came out and offered premium tickets for $800, which no one took. She also mentioned that there would probably be no SRO tickets available. An hour or two later, another worker came out and counted how many people were there and mentioned vaguely that we all should be able to get tickets. First lady came back out a little later and offered those premium tickets again....crickets ??  

Around 3:30, second worker came back out and started calling people in to purchase cancellation tickets for $199. He would call in one or two at a time and stopped right before me. They all got front row seats and off they went! 

More people were behind me now (maybe 6-10) and at 5:45 they started calling people in again. I was first and got row J, seat 106 orchestra ticket also for $199 and so did the mom and daughter behind me. After that, I left to eat so I'm not sure what happened next. 

So I waited for about seven hours and it was an awesome experience. 

Updated On: 2/28/17 at 11:15 AM

HappyWifeHappyLife
#4119Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 2/28/17 at 3:22pm

hannah1027 said: "I've been lurking on this board for months now, trying to get as much information as possible for when I try the line myself for the first time. I finally made an account now to make a post of my own and see if anyone has any last minute advice. 

My aunt and I are planning on trying the line on Sunday 3/5, hoping to catch Jordan Fisher's last performance. We're aiming to get there at around 6 am. If anyone has any advice or information or experience with the line on a Sunday, please let me know. 

I've also seen people on here looking for others to wait in line for them in exchange for paying for their tickets as well and if anyone's interested in paying for our tickets, we would definitely be willing to get an extra ticket or two for you. Like I said, we're aiming to get there at around 6 am, so we should be one of the first in line, I think. 

Thanks in advance everyone and thanks to everyone who's already posted their experiences and tips on here for all of us to read :)

"

Let us know how the line is on a Sunday. I plan to be there a couple Sundays after you!

ShowMom2
#4120Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 3/4/17 at 7:45pm

Hi. Are you still planning on doing Cancellation line on Sunday 3/5?  I just PM'd you. 

hannah1027
#4121Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 3/4/17 at 8:09pm

ShowMom2 said: "Hi. Are you still planning on doing Cancellation line on Sunday 3/5?  I just PM'd you. 

I didn't get your PM so I sent you one instead! But yes, I am still doing the line tomorrow :)

gatorgirl2
#4122Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 3/5/17 at 11:39am

If anyone is planning on doing the cancellation line Friday April 21st or is willing to stand in line for me in exchange for a ticket please pm me! 

darthkimmy
#4123Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:06pm

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread since late last year. My boyfriend and I are going to New York in the first week of May and hope to catch the evening show on either May 4th/5th (Thursday/Friday). Cancellation tickets seem like the only way to get in since the resale tickets are so ridiculously expensive. What time should we arrive to make sure our chances of getting in are high? Do we still need to arrive before dawn? We were hoping to go there around 9am. 

Also, if anyone reading this is looking for a pair of tickets for either of these dates, do send me a PM and we can work something out.

Mmangano
#4124Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:25am

Is there a cancellation line in Chicago at the Private Bank Theatre for Hamilton like in NYC? Or has anyone tried the same day 10$ ticket lottery once they got to Chicago? Looking for two tickets for the 7pm on Friday March 24th. Thanks!!