pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 68

Hamilton Cancellation Line

BroadwayFan2
#1675Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:33pm

Can someone please tell me what the 2 line sitters look like?

I work in Midtown and will run there now to ask for their assistance.

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1676Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:36pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "Can you send me thei twitter link so I can contact them? I would like to use a line sitting service.

Sayeth he who joined the message board today  

mailhandler777
#1677Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:36pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "How do people proceed to the theater when the show doesn't start till the evening and the tickets were purchased earlier in the day?"

Have you never been to a show before? Doors usually open 30 minutes before curtain. People line up with tickets and go inside after the doors open. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1678Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:38pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "How do people proceed to the theater when the show doesn't start till the evening and the tickets were purchased earlier in the day?

This is a 68 page thread, so understand its a lot of information to go through.

the line you see is for same day tickets.

if a premium ticket becomes available earlier in the day, the patron who purchases it at $477 directly from the RRT, pays for it and leaves the line.  Returns later to attend the show.

The rest of the tickets that are $177 now become available 30 min to 10 minutes before showtime. When called, the patron on line goes to the box office and pays for their ticket and goes directly to their seat or SRO spot.

neonlightsxo
#1679Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:44pm

Also in this 68 page thread is information about the line sitting company/companies. So please stop asking for it over and over. It’s all here.

BroadwayFan2
#1680Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:48pm

@MISH2 - Sayeth she who is a 100 years old. Thanks for being so positive grandma. I am just trying to get information on this overly long and active thread.

@MISH2 - BroadwayFan2: Lonely you shall be hence forth till the end of eternity.

Updated On: 5/17/16 at 04:48 PM

BroadwayFan2
#1681Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:50pm

I haven't seen this show and I really want too. I go by to the box office and inquire daily and they never have tickets. They mentioned premium tickets so I check back on my lunch break and never get anywhere. I don't understand how they can make one go see a show if I happen to be lucky enough to get a premium on my lunch break and the show doesn't start till the evening. That's what I was confused about.

At 68 pages in, it is a lot and I refuse to read each page.

BroadwayFan2
#1682Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:55pm

@MyFavoriteBrunette - I don't know too much about the waiting line because it seems TOO MUCH. As mentioned previously, there is a small group of people whom appear to be homeless and might possibly be intravenous drug users so I try to stay away for safety reasons. My safety is very important to be and I will not lose my life over a Broadway musical.

I'll just continue to check back daily and pray to my lucky stars that something happens.

broadwayfever
#1683Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:56pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "Can someone please tell me what the 2 line sitters look like?
"

There's really no need for line sitters anymore...unless you plan on buying them one ticket and only getting one for yourself. As well as paying them $20 an hour to wait for you. To guarantee the 1st spot, that would require a 24 hour wait or $480 + the $177 for your ticket and $177 for their ticket. So you would be spending over $800 for a single ticket. You might as well show up yourself and pay the $477 for a premium ticket...less money and better seat. Or, you could simply buy a $600 ticket from StubHub. Also, if you wait until the last hour to 30 minutes prior to a show, you can buy those same StubHub tickets from $350 to $450.

From what I read earlier, there was 12 people in line and none of them were line sitters.

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1684Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:59pm

BroadwayFan2 said: "@MISH2 - Sayeth she who is a 100 years old. Thanks for being so positive grandma. 

I'm not 100, but I wasn't born yesterday.

"

BroadwayFan2
#1685Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 4:59pm

Thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate it.

My experience with musicals has never been this complicated. I understand the show is very popular and that is why the tickets are so hard to come by.

BroadwayFan2
#1686Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:00pm

Clearly not. You were born 2 days before yesterday.

Thanks again for your negativity.

That's Shakespeare line I made up in my head is just for you.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1687Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:01pm

BroadwayFan2 said: At 68 pages in, it is a lot and I refuse to read each page.

I understand.  When I found this page, it was about 15-16 pages in and read all of them to see how the line evolved.  I wanted to stick pencils in my eyes when I was done.  I also found this helpful:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090479

It's not in your best interest to run into the box office during your breaks, you'd be wasting your time because any tickets available would be sold to the cancellation line first.  People line up DOZENS of hours in advance.  Up until recently,  sitters sat a day or day and a half in advance.  

MI think you're looking for quick help and quick answers and I understand that, too.  But getting tickets to the show requires deep pockets and lots of patience.

Good luck!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1688Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:07pm

"I'll just continue to check back daily and pray to my lucky stars that something happens."

Have you tried the digital Hamilton lottery, BroadwayFan2? If you win, cost is only $10. Wishing you luck!

As long as the professional line sitters are following the new rules, I'm ok with that. Good for them that they got their client a ticket and the line sitter got SRO. I hope there was an empty seat nearby since I know the ushers let the SRO folks sit in them.

As for a way to connect broke diehard fans willing to wait for free in exchange for a Hamilton ticket with folks willing to pay for their ticket, is there a way to create a Twitter account or hashtag for it ... Like #HamilWait or something? I'm not into technology at all so I wouldn't know.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1689Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:18pm

Hamilton Cancellation LinePretty please...No fighting or name calling or answering with a snap in tone.  Makes me sad such a great show thought up by one of my "Adobo" peeps can draw out Mulligan's "Oh My God, tear this dude apart" sentiment.

I know there's a lot of repetitiveness here.  I try not to say "17 hours" anymore!  LOL!  But why not answer some legit questions and ignore other questions and leave it at that.  Maybe it's my years in customer service that I've had to drape myself in patience and treat everyone like a priority.  This is a cancellation line board and people will come everyday with questions that have been answered a million times before.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1690Hamilton Cancellation Line

SDV said: "I also think the attitude exhibited by whoever is running their Twitter account and the others who have created BWW accounts to come here and blast the rest of us is doing them no favors. The SOLD guys at least had a reputation for being good guys which someone is on their team is now ruining.

Great going.
"

agreed. I like Rob who owns the company and he is a friendly guy. i always thought they were professional until I saw those tweets a few days ago pretty much insulting us; laughing at our faces that they knowingly broke the rules and got away with it with no shame at all. Not sure why any diehard fan would employ them after what happened Sat evening but it is a free country.

Hamilton always loved competition as it is good for any economy. Would be great if diehard fans can team up with patrons willing to pay for their ticket in exchange for the wait.

lizzie222
#1691Hamilton Cancellation Line

BroadwayFan2, are you kidding? If reading through this whole thread is too much work for you, I'm not sure you're really a Hamilfan.  I've been reading this thread daily since planning my trip to NYC for June, and I will continue.  Tickets are hard to come by because the show is phenomenal; I'm willing to invest the time and energy to gather the information that increases my chances of getting tickets.  Good luck with praying.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1692Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:22pm

lizzie222 said: "BroadwayFan2, are you kidding? If reading through this whole thread is too much work for you, I'm not sure you're really a Hamilfan.  "

Look, I'm not into what BroadwayFan2 is doing here either, but that's a bit of a stretch.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#1693Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:51pm

Lol, my favorite brunette ur so adorable. I'm going to call u Stevie Nicks since ur on the edge of 17! :)

I think the new poster may be an ESL person so maybe the thread is confusing. FWIW, I haven't heard of anyone in line being accosted by homeless people and there are enough people in line which would likely deter anything. Also, I'm not sure if you might have confused the line sitters as homeless because it's happened before since they are usually dressed for the elements and until recently used tents/sleeping bags. 

Sunshine31
#1694Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:59pm

Geniuses, lower your voices. Let's work together & we better our chances. There are ALL types of Hamilfans out there! :) 

Like @MyFavoriteBrunette said, most of the FAQ are here: http://bit.ly/1TmaAOs.

emscats2
#1695Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 5:59pm

Hello everybody!  Long time reader, first time poster.  I’ve loved reading your posts about your experiences here, so I thought I’d share my own.

Currently, I am sitting in the Hamilton cancelation line. My bf and I arrived around 2:15-2:30 PM today (5/17/16).  Since we anticipated waiting til Wednesday to see the show, we brought things to make an overnight stay more comfortable.

There are no line-sitters (SOLD or otherwise) here, which seems to be a first!  We were the 16th and 17th people in line.  The first two people got here 11 PM on Monday (they mentioned being mildly bothered by some guys at night, but they moved on), and the next few at 1 AM.  The three girls right before us had arrived at 6:30 AM, but bailed around 5:20 PM (one had seen it before and I think they are aiming for the Ham4Ham in-person lottery tomorrow).  As of 5:49, there are about 10 people after us.  We’ve seen about 4-5 lottery winners pick up their tickets, but I could have missed them as we re-located to the right side of the door, under the steel awnings.

One hour til showtime, so we’ll see how ticket distribution goes!

schubox
#1696Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:24pm

broadwayfever said: "BroadwayFan2 said: "Can someone please tell me what the 2 line sitters look like?
"

There's really no need for line sitters anymore...unless you plan on buying them one ticket and only getting one for yourself. As well as paying them $20 an hour to wait for you. To guarantee the 1st spot, that would require a 24 hour wait or $480 + the $177 for your ticket and $177 for their ticket. So you would be spending over $800 for a single ticket. You might as well show up yourself and pay the $477 for a premium ticket...less money and better seat. Or, you could simply buy a $600 ticket from StubHub. Also, if you wait until the last hour to 30 minutes prior to a show, you can buy those same StubHub tickets from $350 to $450.

From what I read earlier, there was 12 people in line and none of them were line sitters.

"

I've actually not found this to be true anymore. I've been checking stubhub at the last minute for the last few days to get a sense and almost always the tickets are all gone 45 to an hour before the show starts. And if there are any left they're pretty crap seats that still run $800+

TaliBL
#1697Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:28pm

I've been reading this thread for awhile, it's great and very helpful! While we aren't able to actually wait in the cancellation line (job and a baby)my husband and I are dying to see the show and can't afford the crazy resale prices. We want to do the plan where we pay for 2 people's tickets in exchange for the waiting. Is there anyone willing to try this in the next 2 weeks? We will pay for all 4 tickets, in exchange for the wait. Message me if you are seriously interested, we'd like to try ASAP! 

schubox
#1698Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:30pm

emscats2 said: "Hello everybody!  Long time reader, first time poster.  I’ve loved reading your posts about your experiences here, so I thought I’d share my own.

Currently, I am sitting in the Hamilton cancelation line. My bf and I arrived around 2:15-2:30 PM today (5/17/16).  Since we anticipated waiting til Wednesday to see the show, we brought things to make an overnight stay more comfortable.

There are no line-sitters (SOLD or otherwise) here, which seems to be a first!  We were the 16th and 17th people in line.  The first two people got here 11 PM on Monday (they mentioned being mildly bothered by some guys at night, but they moved on), and the next few at 1 AM.  The three girls right before us had arrived at 6:30 AM, but bailed around 5:20 PM (one had seen it before and I think they are aiming for the Ham4Ham in-person lottery tomorrow).  As of 5:49, there are about 10 people after us.  We’ve seen about 4-5 lottery winners pick up their tickets, but I could have missed them as we re-located to the right side of the door, under the steel awnings.

One hour til showtime, so we’ll see how ticket distribution goes!

"

I just can't imagine waiting overnight for tickets. I was thinking of showing up at 5AM day of, but it seems like that may not even work

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1699Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:32pm

Hellob said: "Lol, my favorite brunette ur so adorable. I'm going to call u Stevie Nicks since ur on the edge of 17! :)

Oooh!  ¡Me gusta! (I like!)  I'm gonna sprinkle some Adobo on it!