pixeltracker

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews- Page 4

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews

Stew123
#75FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 12:00pm

Having a man play a dog was simply ripe for criticism. Who could criticize an adorable dog?

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#76FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 12:05pm

Did they cut the key change in Neverland as it appeared to be in the video of Matthew Morrison singing it at Harvey's Oscar Party?

Mattbrain
#77FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:13pm

So they *have* 86'ed an actor playing Porthos entirely.

That's....disappointing.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#78FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:16pm

RIP that fab "Dance with me, Porthos!" moment in "Believe"....

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#79FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:18pm

Is anyone familiar with the movie that saw this last night?

I hold the movie really close to my heart, and nothing I've seen/heard from this production seems like it's in the same vein as the film.

Also, having a human play Porthos is ridiculous. I don't care who is playing him.

Updated On: 3/16/15 at 04:18 PM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#80FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:19pm

I have a feeling this is gonna be a hit! The score has a lot of catchy tunes :) This show has a real shot at a lot of awards. Such a competitive season though!!

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Liza's Headband
#81FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:20pm

You're a loser.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#82FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:21pm

what is your problem liza???

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Mattbrain
#83FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:24pm

Oh don't worry, Liza and philly, I dislike the both of you.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Back Row
#84FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:30pm

"She didn't care for Morrison, specifically stating he didn't seem to have any connection to Sylvia."

Perhaps if Sylvia simply held up one of those mirrors from the merry go round scene, they might be able to solve that problem....

Updated On: 3/16/15 at 04:30 PM

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#85FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 4:51pm

The dog being played by a man made no sense for the Barrie scenes, total sense for the Peter Pan scenes. Its sounding like that are making effective changes.

Up In One

CarlAlan610
#86FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 6:59pm

Wait Mary doesn't sing at all? That doesn't make any sense. Why would they waste Teal Wicks like that?

Mattbrain
#87FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 7:03pm

"Wait Mary doesn't sing at all? That doesn't make any sense. Why would they waste Teal Wicks like that?"

Yeah, that can't be, she's clearly listed as one of the characters singing in the opening number, in The Dinner Party, in The Circus of Your Mind, etc.

RW3
#88FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 8:21pm

What kind of dog is Porthos?

bfreak
#89FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 8:43pm

Does anyone know if Kelsey Grammer stage doored? And if so, did he sign and/or take pictures?

mikey2573
#90FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 9:17pm

Porthos was a St. Bernard. Porthos died in 1901.
Barrie's second dog, Luath, a Newfoundland dog, was the inspiration for Nana in PETER PAN.
What breed they are using for FINDING NEVERLAND I have no idea.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#91FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/16/15 at 9:27pm

I'm extremely happy to hear that they got a real dog. I thought the man-as-dog was cute at first, but it became distracting, especially since the Barrie scenes are supposed to be "real" as opposed to the Pan scenes.

It also sounds like they revamped the first 20 minutes entirely, which was another badly needed change. It sounds like they have thought a lot about what worked and what didn't in Cambridge.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Mr Smith
#92FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:50am

Wow I think this is going to do well great notices for the 2nd preview. I would love to here how the leads are doing

Buddy Plummer2
#93FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 1:04am

There was no performance tonight...

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#94FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 7:10am

"Perhaps if Sylvia simply held up one of those mirrors from the merry go round scene, they might be able to solve that problem...."

I am dying. I love Matt, but where's the lie?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#95FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:01am

Perhaps what my friend meant was: Mary doesn't sing her own song...not that she doesn't sing at all.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#96FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:17am

AND the shills have started....Thanks Mr Smith. Or should I say thanks Harvey?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#97FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:25am

IF Smith were a shill it would have been for Fun Home. Maybe he's just a man of few words.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

batchels
#98FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:44pm

bfreak, yes he did stage door, but he did not stay out nearly as long as Morrison. I did not notice if he posed for pictures.

batchels
#99FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:46pm

VotePeron, I am a big fan of the movie, although it has been a number of years since I saw it. I thought the musical equaled the emotion of the film and it far exceeded my expectations.