pixeltracker

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!- Page 2

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#25Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 5:07pm

If Edmond reunited with him for this....Perfection.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#26Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 6:09pm

"Remind me HOW he lost the Tony for his Buddy in FOLLIES again? To quote Fred Willard in A MIGHTY WIND..."Wha' happened?" 
I mean, Mme. Pretentious was doomed...I mean, bound to win for DIANE PAULUS' PORGY AND MESS from the minute she signed the contract, but how did Burstein lose? Really? I guess I'm just stirrin' up an ol' can of worms here, so never mind."

Because Follies had already closed by the time the Tonys came along that year.

bfreak
#27Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 6:15pm

"If Edmond reunited with him for this....Perfection."

Do you mean Linda Emond? That was be spectacular!

A1st
#28Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 7:18pm

With this announcement I'd now put money that fiddler takes the Broadhurst.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#29Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 8:48pm

I just really want Ben Fankhauser to play Motel.

And the Broadhurst now seems like a safe bet. 

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#30Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 8:50pm

If Bartlett Sher wants the scale of this revival to be big, then to the Imperial it goes. If it's smaller, then the Broadhurst is perfect.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#31Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 8:57pm

"I just really want Ben Fankhauser to play Motel."

The only problem with that is that Fankhauser is gonna be playing Barry Mann in the national tour of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#32Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:04pm

""I just really want Ben Fankhauser to play Motel."

The only problem with that is that Fankhauser is gonna be playing Barry Mann in the national tour of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical."

Please excuse me while I go freak out and then buy tickets...source???

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#33Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:05pm

I forgot to say this: If FIDDLER does play at the Imperial, then it would be a revival that plays in the very theater the original production premiered in many years ago; the original production in late 1964 opened in the Imperial Theater with Zero Mostel playing Tevye.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#34Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:15pm

"I just really want Ben Fankhauser to play Motel."
"The only problem with that is that Fankhauser is gonna be playing Barry Mann in the national tour of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical."

"Please excuse me while I go freak out and then buy tickets...source???"

This Thread

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#35Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:16pm

I can't see Les Mis closing yet

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

A1st
#36Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/9/15 at 9:25pm

I know that this could mean nothing, but Les Mis did just (about 4 days ago) release another block of tickets.  They are now selling into March 2016.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#37Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 4/10/15 at 8:30am

Burstein spent much of 2013-14 playing Buddy in FOLLIES.

Is Buddy an "Eastern European Jew"? Somebody forgot to tell Gene Nelson.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#38Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 2:20pm

Jessica Hecht is Golde

Adam Kantor is Motel

Link

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#39Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 2:25pm

Yes! Jessica is a perfect choice, and I love Adam!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

LarryD2
#40Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 2:29pm

Interesting, outside-the-box casting in both cases. This revival is shaping up nicely.

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#41Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 2:32pm

I feel like after playing Jamie in L5Y, it shouldn't be a surprise that they went with Kantor. He will be good I think

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#42Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 2:57pm

Holy fvck Jessica Hecht!!!! Oh my God, yes! Such inspired casting, genius, genius

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#43Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:12pm

Kantor doesn't really come off as ... young to me.... isn't Motel suppose to be pretty young? 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#44Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:15pm

yeah they are supposed to be the young lovers. He shoulda cast me 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

LarryD2
#45Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:17pm

Adam Kantor is...28? 29? He's slightly older than Austin Pendleton was when he originated the role (24) and younger than John Cariani, who received a Tony nomination for the last revival (35).

I don't think it will be an issue.

neonlightsxo
#46Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:19pm

I feel like Adam Kantor reads older too, but oh well.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#47Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:26pm

"Adam Kantor is...28? 29? He's slightly older than Austin Pendleton was when he originated the role (24) and younger than John Cariani, who received a Tony nomination for the last revival (35).
I don't think it will be an issue."

Leonard Frey was also only 32 years old when they filmed the movie.

Gothampc
#48Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:31pm

I love Danny Burstein, and I will see him in just about anything, but I feel like he's been playing some variation of the Eastern European Jewish man for the last couple of years.

Hey, a guy's gotta eat.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#49Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:40pm

Can the title of the thread be changed to "...Will Open on Broadway this December."?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement