pixeltracker

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!- Page 4

Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open This December!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#75Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 6:52am

For a revival that's six months off?  Are you really surprised that tix are readilyy available? It is unlikely this will be a tough ticket to get.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#76Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 7:01am

I agree dramamama but I know once Danny gets glowing reviews, the show will take off.  Plus, we also have to see who else gets cast.  On the other hand, the Broadway is a huge theatre to fill.

Updated On: 7/6/15 at 07:01 AM

dramamama611
#77Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 7:09am

I love him, and Fiddlers, too - but no casting is going to make a big difference.  Lazarus and Golde might be interesting....but hardly show defining roles.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#78Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 7:29am

So what do you give it dramamama? 6 months?  I think if this version is a more traditional Fiddler, compared to the 2004 design, it could have a decent run.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#79Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 10:36am

Adamgreer, I know that she's far from a performing newcomer...I personally just don't know her work very well...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

sctrojan65
#80Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 7/6/15 at 12:47pm

This is a show I really want to get back to NY and see next year.  It was my first Broadway show in the early 70s when I was a kid and would be cool to see it again. Never caught any of the revivals.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#82Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/5/15 at 5:31pm

I find the casting of Melanie Moore very interesting. Isn't she primarily a dancer?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#83Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/5/15 at 6:17pm

^I guess her dancing background will come in handy for the Chavaleh sequence. We'll see if she ends up having the acting chops for it (though Bartlett Sher was able to get a Tony-Winning performance out of opera star Paulo Szot in South Pacific).

freewilma
#84Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/5/15 at 9:20pm

I wonder how much Melanie Moore's casting reflects on the shelf life of Neverland?  

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#85Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/5/15 at 9:26pm

I wouldn't think it would mean anything. I bet they'll get this seasons winner of SYTYCD to replace her.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

dramamama611
#86Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/6/15 at 12:45am

It is no reflection

People move on to new endeavors all the time.

Thparkaly
#88Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 11:55am

Beyond excited for this. The casting just seems to be so right for every character.

nasty_khakis
#89Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:02pm

I don't know any of the actual stories behind her "leaving/being asked to leave" Fun Home so I don't know anything about her personally, but I'm SO happy Silber is in this. She was perfect in Fun Home and so great in Encores! Paint Your Wagon

**I'm dumb and confused the two. Apologizes.

Updated On: 8/19/15 at 12:02 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#90Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:05pm

Silber was not in FUN HOME. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#91Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:07pm

Nasty Khakis, you have Alexandra Silber confused with Alexandra Socha. Silber was in Master Class with Sierra Boggess and Tyne Daly and most recently in My Fair Lady at The Muny. She also starred in a one woman off-Broadway show a season or two ago. She's worked quite a bit in London as well.

dramamama611
#92Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:08pm

It was Alexandra Socha that was in Fun Home.  

iluvtheatertrash
#93Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:09pm

Thank you. Couldn't remember Socha's from FUN HOME's name. Silber is wonderful. And so sweet. Happy to see her back on Broadway.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

nasty_khakis
#94Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:45pm

RIGHT! Thanks for correcting me and being nice about it. Silber is wonderful as well.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#95Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 2:00pm

I'm also very happy to see Silber back on Broadway. I saw her in the West Side Story concert in SF with Cheyenne Jackson, and also in her solo cabaret show. She has an incredible voice.

Which is why I feel like she's a little bit wasted on Tzeitel, who barely sings. I wish she had been cast as Hodel so we could hear her rendition of Far From the Home I Love. 

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#96Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 3:00pm

JBroadway, Silber already played Hodel in the 2007 West End revival of FIDDLER.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#97Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 3:04pm

Oh wow, I never knew that. Thanks! Definitely gonna get that cast recording. 

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#98Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 3:26pm

Great cast! Getting more and more excited for this! Fiddler has always been in my top 5 favorites - I hope this revival does it justice. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#99Danny Burstein-Led FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Revival Will Open on Broadway Next January!
Posted: 8/19/15 at 4:33pm

Great cast... Cannot WAIT to see this! :)

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'