pixeltracker

Heidi Chronicles to close?- Page 5

Heidi Chronicles to close?

Jonwo
#100Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 6:28pm

"^ King Charles III for the Music Box in the fall prior to Shuffle Along with Audra McDonald :) so I guess not Misery...maybe Misery will take the Golden?
As for HC tix, That's 4 months away...I doubt they will stay open until August if through end of May.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses/THE-HEIDI-CHRONICLES
 "

The Golden would work as it's only a three hander play, the Booth might also be an option as well. 

neonlightsxo
#101Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:24pm

Philly, it actually makes perfect sense. Hand to God is good. Living on Love is not.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#102Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:40pm

Thats your opinion

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#103Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:51pm

"Let's be real, LOL has been on TDF for just about every single performance and is also on there every performance next week. That's not good."

Not just that. There have been comps at the Equity office for its members for nearly every performance since it started previews. While it's certainly not unusual for a Broadway show to offer comps to Equity members- for the performance that evening, especially- it is very, very rare to see a show so heavily comped.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#104Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 9:19pm

The Times ad today suggest final weeks.  August would suggest a large summer audience for this play's particular production, and that's hard to grasp as ever existing. I don't think Moss is the star this show needed for a run.  Emma Stone ignited "Cabaret," and she (or the equiv.) might've done the same here, in a more limited way (hey, it's not a musical).  But Moss isn't anyone's idea of box office; she's a wonderful actress from 2 cable series, but her presence doesn't suggest spending $125. The "it" factor is just missing. And the box office reflects that. The reviews had zero impact. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#105Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:15pm

Phillypinto"I'll tell you what's a fact. The fact that AAIP is gonna get awful reviews. You people don't understand what I say people you don't see or hear me say it. If you were good actors, you would be able to figure out but I guess not. If you dont like me than block me. I'm just trying to have real conversations and everybody jumps on me. If it wasn't me saying the things i do, I bet nobody would give it any thought. You just like bitching at me at this point for everything and that is ridiculous. "

WRONG!

Now do everyone a favor and STFU and just Go Away!

Phillypinto
#106Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:21pm

your ass is wrong. It makes me feel good that you care enough about me to post that haha

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#107Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:59pm

Yeesh, just admit you were incorrect.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Liza's Headband
#108Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 11:10pm

Guys, guys. I think it's time we move on and just make a major push for everyone to put this troll on the Ignore List. 

Phillypinto
#109Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 11:31pm

please, the only reason i said that was cause most people trashed the show during previews.

My opinions about shows are usually spot on with the critics. I wish I could see them now and give you guys my reviews Heidi Chronicles to close?(  

AEA AGMA SM
#110Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 11:48pm

"please, the only reason i said that was cause most people trashed the show during previews."

So your entire line of reasoning is based entirely on the opinions of everyone else with no concrete evidence of anything.

You must have great legs with all the back-peddling you do.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#111Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/12/15 at 11:59pm

"The Times ad today suggest final weeks."

How did the text of the ad read to give you that impression?

Phillypinto
#112Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:01am

lol yeah i guess i need to take everybody's opinion with a grain of salt because clearly they are WRONG!! I know what the critics will like because we usually have the same opinion seriously

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#113Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:12am

I know what the critics will like because we usually have the same opinion seriously"

So maybe you shouldn't talk about how it's a fact critics will be giving bad reviews until you've seen the show yourself.

Or maybe you can just keep descending into self-parody. Whichever is easiest for you.

Updated On: 4/13/15 at 12:12 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#114Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:18am

How much further can the pinto bean descend, though?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#115Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:21am

Maybe another thread about sexuality will pop up again and we'll find out.

Phillypinto
#116Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:25am

You people don't understand half the things i say because you don't know the spirit in which they are said. Thats why theres a lot of ****ed up **** on here

Jordan Catalano
#117Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:25am

One can only hope. 

I'd like to see a thread where only the pinto bean and fantod discuss current events since they both know everything about everything. I think it would be fascinating to see them try to "out knowledge" each other.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#118Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:26am

I really did think that Pinto had started turning a corner but, alas, it seems that may have been a false hope. 

And Pinto, lesson # 233: opinions are not ever wrong, or right; the essence of an opinion is that it cannot be, whether it is yours, mine, anyone else on this board or even the chief drama critic of the NYTimes. 

Phillypinto
#119Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:29am

you see that would be considered a JOKE. Y'all don't get it.

Jordan Catalano
#120Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 12:31am

Thankfully though, you do get it. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#121Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 2:42am

Pinto, it might help if you followed the standard method of notating jokes on the internet, with either a smiley face or a j/k, since perhaps you are coming to appreciate that humor doesn't always translate universally. 

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#122Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 3:11am

Phillypinto - I suppose 'Hand To God' makes more sense as it's come from an Off-Broadway well attended run and got very good reviews. It's also does not base it's worth on a 'star', and has rather good advertising.

Meanwhile, 'Living on Love', does depend on the draw of it's 'star', a 'star' who's really only incredibly well known in the opera world, which has steadily declined over the past decade.

So yes, Hand to God makes much more sense. Jeez, why do you constantly have to refuse to see what's right in front of you?

neonlightsxo
#123Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:00am

Did the ad in the Times say final weeks?

I would really like to know if they're closing, so I could see it again.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#124Heidi Chronicles to close?
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:06am

Well, King Charles III was just announced for previews in October, opening November 1. I doubt they'd want the theater to sit empty all summer, so my guess is Heidi will finish out it's run in August as planned.