pixeltracker

Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?

Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?

Actriz2
#1Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 6:16pm

I know the general rule of thumb is that you take the first seat they offer you when rushing, but has anybody ever tried to ask or negotiate for a different (better?) seat when rushing? Has it ever worked?

Monty12112
#2Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 6:31pm

I always rush with my fiancé and would politely ask for seats next to each other or close by to another if possible if it is not offered first.  Worst case they would say no, doesn't hurt to politely ask in my opinion.  Just try not to take up too much time at the window!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#2Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 6:55pm

Rush or lotto? For the former, if there isn't anyone waiting behind you, you might have a better chance getting different seats, depending on how willing the box office personnel are and how many seats total are set aside for rush (usually more than lotto allotment). For the latter, you're kinda stuck with what you get since there is a line and they have already pulled a set amount of tickets to give for lotto.

However, if you go to that theater a lot, see the same box office people, and are nice to them, they might recognize you and give you better seat locations if you ask.

KathyNYC2
#3Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 7:11pm

I have asked on occasion ...to be seated on a particular side of the theater. Once because I knew that theater well and it's much colder on one side when it's freeing outside. And then I've asked a number of other times for various reasons.

I always ask politely and say if it's a not a problem, I would appreciate it. Sometimes it works and I get my request...other times I've been told there are no more seats left in the area requested but they are apologetic. Occasionally you get a person who just says NO.. but I would still ask.

brdway411
#4Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 7:11pm

I ask for certain  seats if I have rushed the show before and I know those seats have been offered as rush. If they are available the box office  will sell them to me.  

ImpossiblePrincess
#5Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 7:48pm

I always politely ask for an aisle seat when I rush and the BO staff have always been happy to make that happen. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#6Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 9:07pm

Like other have said, I often politely ask if I get any kind of choice as to my rush seat. On occasion, it has actually worked and they're given me a bit of a choice. I can't remember which shows that worked for, but it definitely has worked at least a couple times, though not recently. Still, it doesn't hurt (or take too much time) to just ask. The worst they can say is no, and sometimes you might get lucky. 

Hairspray0901
#7Has anyone ever tried asking for a different rush seat?
Posted: 5/3/15 at 9:29pm

I've asked before; it can't hurt. Just be polite. I think it depends on the person working at the window.

There is a really rude box office employee at ____ and I've rushed this show numerous times. Most of their box office staff is extremely nice. I know they typically give the orchestra and occasionally give the boxes. They start with the front row then work their way back. I was towards the front of the line and I asked the (rude) man at the window if he had any orchestra left for rush and he replied with "You get what you get". I said, "oh. well I know other times you had these seats avail-" He then was even more rude and again said YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. So, I said okay and handed him the money. He gave me two seats in the boxes. Then, I saw a couple a few people behind me went to the window next to his and was given orchestra for the rush price. After everyone had gotten their rush tickets I decided to go to the other window and ask if he had orchestra left. I said I was given these box seats and would prefer to sit in the orchestra, is there any way I can exchange them? He said no problem and gave me seats in the orchestra. 

Videos