pixeltracker

A View From the Bridge to Broadway- Page 2

A View From the Bridge to Broadway

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#25A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/11/15 at 3:52pm

If anyone else was directing this, I would say that it's about ten years too soon for another Broadway production. But with van Hove, I'll be there as soon as I can. Incredibly exciting and unexpected announcement.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#26A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/11/15 at 4:40pm

Broadway musical currently in West End:  The Lion King, Jersey Boys, Book Of Mormon, Wicked, Beautiful, Gypsy and Memphis.

Not to mention The Elephant Man with Bradley Cooper.  And upcoming in the West End: American Idiot, Elf, Kinky Boots and Motown.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#27A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/11/15 at 4:44pm

And Death of a Salesman, American Buffalo, The Motherf**ker With the Hat, Bad Jews, To Kill a Mockingbird.  And High Society at the Old Vic.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

The Glenbuck Laird Profile Photo
The Glenbuck Laird
#28A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/11/15 at 6:02pm

This is sell a kidney to see theatre. Best thing I have ever seen on stage. So powerful this version. Ivo Van Hove's direction is here is good. Cast is excellent. Hope you get to see all of the London cast.

ElleCarter3 Profile Photo
ElleCarter3
#29A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/26/15 at 4:20am

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#30A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/26/15 at 5:06am

"Broadway musical currently in West End:  The Lion King, Jersey Boys, Book Of Mormon, Wicked, Beautiful, Gypsy and Memphis.
Not to mention The Elephant Man with Bradley Cooper.  And upcoming in the West End: American Idiot, Elf, Kinky Boots and Motown.
 "

We give them, quality drama. They give us (with one or two exceptions) crap musicals.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#31A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/26/15 at 7:01am

Thanks for the info, Cardamon. Now I'm glad I renewed my LCT membership so I could see The King and I. 

ajh
#32A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/26/15 at 7:26am

Caught this at the Young Vic and my thoughts going in were along the lines of "do I really need to see my 4th production of this play?" All I can say is that I was so glad my friend insisted on getting the tickets. This is unlike any View seen before and it is heartstoppingly powerful. The performances, the physicality, the design.....thrilling and highly original. I couldn't get the final image out of my head for weeks. I also think this will catapult Mark Strong to the top of the tree of B'way leading men.

AwesomeDanny
#33A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/28/15 at 2:39am

Well, having seen the National Theatre Live broadcast, I have an opinion very different from the rest of those here. I found Ivo van Hove's staging choices to be cheap ploys for attention which were unnecessary, distracting, and frequently irritating. The early scenes of the play were drained of all humor, yet I found myself laughing at the final moments. I won't go into detail about these choices for the sake of those who wish not to be spoiled, but I found this production to be a dreadful way to experience a really beautiful play that has been done much, much better.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#34A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 12:12am

The last revival was great, even though I felt Scarlett was very stiff in it. Brittany Murphy seemed much more appropriate for the role. But I guess she was overlooked by the Tony voters because she wasn't as famous when she did the play. Blah.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

LarryD2
#35A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 7:46am

"The last revival was great, even though I felt Scarlett was very stiff in it. Brittany Murphy seemed much more appropriate for the role. But I guess she was overlooked by the Tony voters because she wasn't as famous when she did the play. Blah."

That's a a completely inaccurate assertion. Brittany Murphy was already quite well-known when she did A View From the Bridge -- she had already done Clueless -- and at the time it was actually considered quite a coup that Roundabout got her for the play.

Of course we can never know for sure why Murphy wasn't nominated for a Tony, but I imagine the fact that she didn't remain in the show beyond its initial run could have had something to do with it.

ElleCarter3
#36A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 7:58am

I saw the NT live and thought Phoebe Fox' accent was horrible. I do hope the cast decide to work on their accent a bit more.

rjm516
#37A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:07am

I agree that it was very good (though I wasn't as blown away as other commenters) but I can't imagine people wanting to see this show so soon after the last revival. There is so much theatre to produce! Why do we get stuck in this rut of only focusing on a relative few every few years. 

broadwayrocks2
#38A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 5:08pm

Someone mentioned onstage seating for some of the audience. Does anyone know this to be true?

AwesomeDanny
#39A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:21pm

"I saw the NT live and thought Phoebe Fox' accent was horrible. I do hope the cast decide to work on their accent a bit more. "

Yes, that bothered me, but not nearly as much as the choice not to have Rodolpho use an Italian accent. Marco did have his proper accent, which made it all the more confusing.

ElleCarter3
#40A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 6/30/15 at 3:21am

"Someone mentioned onstage seating for some of the audience. Does anyone know this to be true?

"

During the West End run there was onstage seating, so I assume that will be the same on Broadway.

ElleCarter3
#41A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:40am

Tickets are now on sale. Anyone know how to get cheap tickets? And why are they not selling the front row seats?

KevinK2
#42A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 10:50am

Something's going on here...There are very few seats available for any performances in November...Have they been selling that fast to the Members?

ElleCarter3
#43A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:17am

So the 39$ tickets they mentioned are probably already sold out..

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#44A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:21am

LincTix went on sale today, so that's probably the cheapest method

ElleCarter3
#45A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:26am

Linctix are up in the Mezzanine. Are those seats any good? Row E/F

iluvtheatertrash
#46A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 11:40am

Bummed that they're not great seats for LincTix, but can't complain. Being front row for Disgraced and Shows For Days was nice, but it can't always happen.

Row F on the aisle for me. Shouldn't be too bad.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ElleCarter3
#47A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 12:12pm

Is LincTix for US citizens only?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#48A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 7:58pm

I'm confused, Lincoln center is producing this? 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#49A View From the Bridge to Broadway
Posted: 7/27/15 at 8:11pm

yes. still confused?