pixeltracker

Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?- Page 2

Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#26Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:04pm

But she didn't look bad to begin with! She was quite pretty in the STEEL PIER and CHARLIE BROWN days. Perhaps she had a medical reason to get such a (bad) facelift, perhaps she didn't think she looked pretty in the 90s. Whatever. But that's no excuse to paint yourself orange! 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#27Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:08pm

My opinion hasn't changed at all.

I have always respected her as a major talent capable of great work.

But that doesn't mean that everything she does is good.  I don't pretend that I like her work when I don't (Promises) And I don't stint on saying that she's sensational when she is (20th).

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#28Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:11pm

"But she didn't look bad to begin with! She was quite pretty in the STEEL PIER and CHARLIE BROWN days. Perhaps she had a medical reason to get such a (bad) facelift, perhaps she didn't think she looked pretty in the 90s. Whatever. But that's no excuse to paint yourself orange! "

But it's her face and her body and she can do whatever she feels like with both. What in the hell does that have to do with her talent?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#29Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:16pm

"Perhaps she had a medical reason to get such a (bad) facelift..."

Actually, she does. She gets botox to calm her head down from the migraines she gets from her ear condition

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#30Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:23pm

I was a fan of hers when she was on "West Wing" and did not even sing - lol.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#31Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 12:48pm

Has she had notable work done on? I just googled her through the years from Steel Pier to On the 20th Century and I didn't notice any major changes to her face. I think she looks terrific.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#32Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 1:16pm

There's stuff like this out there. Note: posted without comment.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#33Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 1:25pm

She just looks like she's gotten older.  And that she uses Latisse. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 1:50pm

I googled "Kristin Chenoweth before and after" and didn't find anything! she's definitely much tanner.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#36Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 2:03pm

Try "Kristin Chenoweth" and "surgery."

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#37Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 2:46pm

OK, so to prove I'm not a terrible person, I will say this-- I think in ten years, she'd be wonderful in a production of GREY GARDENS. She wouldn't erase Ebersole's brilliance-- no one can or will. But she'd be pretty good. THAT I would like to see her do. 

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#38Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 3:21pm

"But she didn't look bad to begin with! She was quite pretty in the STEEL PIER and CHARLIE BROWN days. Perhaps she had a medical reason to get such a (bad) facelift, perhaps she didn't think she looked pretty in the 90s. Whatever. But that's no excuse to paint yourself orange! "

She doesn't even look bad:

How does her face look terrible? I think you may just have a problem with cosmetic surgery. In any case, her getting a face lift or whatever she did has nothing to do with her talent or anything. It doesn't change anything about her personality. She looked great hosting the Tonys and I still have not seen any evidence that backs up that she is desperate for fame. She had the entire industry eating out of her hands this season. She has nothing to prove and evidence suggests she knows that. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#39Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 3:57pm

Using a styled, manipulated publicity photo to say "she looks good!" is like saying Caitlyn Jenner rolls out of bed every morning looking exactly like the cover of Vanity Fair.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#40Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:03pm

I can't tell if she's had surgery or not, but she looks great regardless. She's hardly Jocelyn Wildenstein, so why dwell on it?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#41Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:13pm

Love her. A brilliant voice and talent.

CarlosAlberto
#42Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:25pm

"I can't tell if she's had surgery or not, but she looks great regardless. She's hardly Jocelyn Wildenstein, so why dwell on it?"

Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#43Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:29pm

"This thread and it's presumptions are extremely laughable.
Not really. Type in Kristin Cheno in the archives, there's not many positive things people have posted about her in the past. "

FYI: Early on, I found a board about Kristin & Idina in Wicked and someone had friends in the cast and the friends all said Kristin was a delight to work with.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#44Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:36pm

"Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down."

Or maybe plastic surgery is what some call "a topic of conversation."

And maybe if you keep saying that it shouldn't be discussed, everyone in the world will stop discussing it.

Maybe.

CarlosAlberto
#45Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:50pm

""Because those that do are so damned perfect that they have nothing better to do than to come on an internet message board and tear someone else down."
Or maybe plastic surgery is what some call "a topic of conversation."
And maybe if you keep saying that it shouldn't be discussed, everyone in the world will stop discussing it.
Maybe."

It's a free country, anyone can discuss any topic they wish to discuss and I'm not saying plastic surgery shouldn't be discussed. What I have a problem with is when that discussion is being used as a weapon to start tearing down someone's character and talent.

With that being said it says a lot more about those that stoop to that level to generate discussion than it does about the individual being discussed.

Updated On: 6/24/15 at 04:50 PM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#46Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 4:55pm

I admit to being skeptical.

The raison d'être of this thread is people's opinions of Chenoweth. Her actions (including whether or not she has elected to undergo plastic surgery) are significant factors that influence people's opinions of her (or of any individual, for that matter).

Updated On: 6/24/15 at 04:55 PM

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#47Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 7:43pm

It's a free country, anyone can discuss any topic they wish to discuss and I'm not saying plastic surgery shouldn't be discussed. What I have a problem with is when that discussion is being used as a weapon to start tearing down someone's character and talent.

With that being said it says a lot more about those that stoop to that level to generate discussion than it does about the individual being discussed.

This.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

Hairspray0901
#48Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 8:30pm

I've been a fan of Kristin for a while now - I'm pretty sure it was her "Taylor The Latte Boy" that won me over, LOL. But, I saw her in Promises Promises a few times and loved her then, which is why I wanted to see OTTC. After reading all the hype about her leading up to the Tony's, I was sort of let down by her performance. It didn't seem as demanding as everyone was making it out to be. It hasn't changed my opinion of her in any way, though. I'm still a fan and I think I'll always enjoy seeing her on stage. She has a wonderful stage presence and is very talented.

eelw
#49Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 10:03pm

"Hate is a strong word. I don't think people hate her but I got the feeling people thought she was annoying and a diva during her wicked days. People wouldn't stop talking about how she was "absolutely horrible" during the wicked tony campaign. "

HA!!!  The hate is strong towards Kristin here by a small extremely vocal minority of posters.  As if Kristin really cares to please all.  She has the love and respect by all her peers on stage and the small and big screen.  She's a much more media darling than almost all other current stage performers.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#50Has your opinion of Kristin Chenoweth changed after this season?
Posted: 6/24/15 at 10:49pm

In her book she says that her manager, when she got one, told her to do TV and the movies. I don't know why. She's just another face in the crowd when she plays roles that don't show off her talent. And when she takes on a role in something like "gcw" or whatever, it can set her back.

I do want to watch an episode or two of Pushing Daisies, the show that she won the featured actress Emmy for. It sounds really bizarre, but it might be just a fun show, and she says she got to sing in it.

It's in live theater that she shines. She's a very talented comedian with a world class voice (and by all accounts a very sweet person). Very few can play Lilly Garland and Cunegonde as well as she can. These roles are what she'll be remembered for. Remember that she got rave reviews from every critic, even the London critic who had to apologize in advance to his London following for all the nice things he was about to say.

BWW published an interview that Elaine Paige had with her at the final rehearsal for hosting the Tonys. The rumor was that 20th Century would be relocating to the West End and that KC might go there with it. She corroborated the rumor. Said she loved living in London only second to New York. She might get the respect in London that The King and I and Fun Home kind of deprived her of in New York.