pixeltracker

Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?- Page 5

Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?

Dollypop
#100Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 9:53pm

I'll stop seeing HELLO, DOLLY! when I stop getting a rush when I hear the opening bars of "Call On Dolly" and get chocked up when the trolley trots on stage to introduce Dolly.

I have stopped considering HELLO, DOLLY! just a show. It's a beloved friend--a friend who never changes. I was a high school student when I first saw the show in 1964. I'm a retiree now and the show is . back and better than ever. It has gotten me through the deaths of loved ones and stood by me while I recovered from certain illnesses.

I love HELLO, DOLLY! and will never stop seeing it
Thank you very much!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#101Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:07pm

The most I have seen a show is 6x (Current DOLLY revival. 5x with Bette, 1x with Donna. Front row, mezzanine, standing room). I regret nothing. I will go back to see Bernadette. In the year we have had as Americans, Dolly has been the remedy.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

KathyNYC2
#102Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 1:01am

I guess when you are an usher, it doesn't count, right?  LOL

That said, since we are used to seeing shows over and over, seeing something once or twice does not seem like enough for me anymore. I think in my actual (not working) life the most I have ever seen a show multiple times is about 40..and that happened twice. If money were no object(it is) and I wasn't working (I am), I could probably up a few numbers. There is always something new to see in any repeat visit to any show.

Br0adway
#103Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 6:01am

I’ve seen Aladdin 3 times in NYC.
That’s my only multiple show I’ve seen. But I’m seeing Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia again next May so they’ll be added to the list.

bwayandstuff
#104Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 8:36am

The most I've seen a show is Come From Away 10 times followed by The King and I 6 times. I've seen a bunch of shows 2 times and there are many I wish I had been able to see multiple times. My theory is, if it makes you happy then who cares?! 

I believe there's a girl who has seen Come From Away over 100 times which, if I did my math correctly, is about 12 times a month since the first preview, which is about 2-3x a week! 

Updated On: 11/17/17 at 08:36 AM

broadwaysfguy
#105Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 8:40am

i have a friend who legitimately saw Wicked over 100 times when the show was in SF for 18 months

Ive seen hamilton 15 times and would gladly see it 100 times...

Im looking forward to seeing the super fan documentary

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#106Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 8:55am

Is this a trick question?

The most anyone could have seen A Broadway Musical is 15 - 14 previews and 1 performance.

Or maybe I'm misreading the question?  I've seen well over 100 Broadway musicals in 30+ years  of going to Broadway shows.

cheeky

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#107Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:00pm

I know I've seen Phantom at least 50 times. 100? I've honestly lost count at this point, but maybe.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#108Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 7:52pm

Since March 17, 2011, I have seen "Chicago" 16 times (8 on Broadway and 8 on tour).  With my  upcoming NYC trip, that will make it a total of 19 times I've seen my favorite musical.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

broadwayliz22
#109Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:24pm

I met this one girl at the Wicked stagedoor this summer and she has seen the show almost 200 times.

TonyLoser Profile Photo
TonyLoser
#110Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/18/17 at 3:27am

I just saw a documentary all about this at DOC NYC on Wednesday. It was fascinating, scary, moving and insightful. I was worried it was going to rip the fans to shreds, but it was really sensitively handled.

https://repeatattenders.com

https://www.docnyc.net/film/repeat-attenders/

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Musical-Theatre-Superfans-Take-the-Spotlight-in-REPEAT-ATTENDERS-Documentary-20171109

It was made by an Australian filmmaker Mark Dooley. You might want to get in touch with him. 

Updated On: 11/18/17 at 03:27 AM

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#111Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/18/17 at 9:19am

Jordan Catalano said: "There's a lot of us ROCKY HORROR fans from the 2000 revival who are almost at that number."

That Rocky Horror revival was SICK. I loved that show.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#112Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/18/17 at 12:05pm

My take on this is that the more time you spend with a show, the more things will become evident to you, even the problems you didn't notice in the first few viewings. Personally, Dear Evan Hansen is a victim of this. I've seen it 12 times, and I totally loved it seeing it for the first few times at 2nd Stage. For some reason, however, it didn't click with me until my 2nd visit to the show at Music Box. During my last few visits, the clunky parts in its writing were so jarring that the raw emotions couldn't make up for them. I think there is definitely a curve here as long as you do not just passively watch. 

Nevertheless, some shows, especially those with depth, do benefit from multiple viewings. Fun Home is one that comes to my mind. I was most moved by it during my third visit. I decided to just leave those identity tags aside and see Alison as someone who's trying to connect and who's holding on to the last bit of that connection. That's when I finally started to understand and connect to her on a personal level, and it was one of my most fruitful theatergoing experiences.

I definitely agree that (most) shows deserve a second chance, or at least a change of state of mind. But if you still want more of a show after seeing it 100 times, who am I to judge?

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#113Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/18/17 at 8:02pm

I personally don't understand why anyone would do that but it is their money and their time so to each their own.  There is only a handful of shows I have seen twice and that is only because a friend or family member had not seen it yet and I went with them.

bstoll1
#114Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 11/20/17 at 8:07pm

Does anyone know who holds the record for the most amount of times they have seen a show?  As of now it looks like it could be Joel Torrance who as of 2014 saw RENT 1169 times according to an old interview he gave.

bstoll1
#115Has anyone seen a Broadway musical over 100 times?
Posted: 1/2/18 at 6:43pm

I wonder if this has ever happened again that a fan was "celebrated" for seeing a show X amount of times.