pixeltracker

HAMILTON Broadway Lottery- Page 3

HAMILTON Broadway Lottery

MNC77
#50HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 8:57pm

I think if they keep doing SRO it'll have to be lotto. Otherwise there won't be space for them amongst the crowds of lotto goers. It'd be too hard to organize

brdway411
#51HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 9:26pm

Double post DELETE

Updated On: 7/15/15 at 09:26 PM

brdway411
#52HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 9:29pm

BOM did it, a separate SRO line and a Lottery.  The side walks are the same size.

If they don't want the SRO in the way, they could hand out wrist bands for SRO when the box office opens and then sell the tickets after the Lottery. 

Updated On: 7/15/15 at 09:29 PM

asmith0307
#53HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 9:32pm

Did anyone record the rap?  Miranda tweeted earlier there would be something special at the lotto and I love that they're having so much fun with this. I hope someone caught it on film. 

Look on the Hamilton Facebook page! It was great."

I tried (unsuccessfully) to embed the video...

Updated On: 7/15/15 at 09:32 PM

asmith0307
#54HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 9:34pm

Attempt 2!

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#55HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:18pm

In regards to that second level of the set... Is it used more heavily in the Broadway version? Would be good to know for all of us rear-orchestra/SRO folk!

#56HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/15/15 at 11:41pm

"Also while i was on line there were about 5 counter terrorism officers walking out of the lobby and talking with the house manager. Anyone know what was up?"

According to Page Six, President Obama is going to the matinee show this Saturday.

Obama visits New York

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#57HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/16/15 at 8:46am

If a Javier performance is good enough for the president of the United States, then it's good enough for me! HAMILTON Broadway Lottery

I wonder iLin-Manuel will sit next to Obama in the audience. 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#58HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/17/15 at 3:15pm

Thursday's lottery was about the same (around 400 people). They drew names for 6 SRO spots after the front row was gone. Tickets are still $40 cash or credit. 

Lin came out again and mentioned that this is his new three minute talk show. The guest was Alex Lacamoire who was there with his new melodica. They did a little thing where he played some Super Mario Bros music. After that Lin asked for requests. First up was "Bohemian Rhapsody" which Lin sang along to and then "96,000." It was like a little intimate mini-concert which was kind of cool.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#59HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/17/15 at 3:31pm

$40? Isn't it #ham4ham aka Hamilton for $10?

ClydeBarrow
#60HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/17/15 at 4:12pm

I meant the SRO is $40. 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#61HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 3:10am

Hi GreasedLightning, I just saw the show again tonight.  The upper level of the set was used almost exactly as it was at The Public (I think there may have been one brief bit where something was done on the upper level that wasn't before - but that's really it).

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#62HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 10:30am

Lin's doing a Q&A today at the lottery!

Okiekat Profile Photo
Okiekat
#63HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 10:42am

I saw the show last night and only noticed minor changes on the upper level of the set. If I remember correctly, at The Public Angelica was on the right staircase for "Take a Break".  Now she's on the left.

GreasedLightning
#64HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 11:44am

Thanks nicnyc and Okiekat!

ClydeBarrow
#65HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 12:16pm

Friday's lottery was kind of a nightmare. There are barricades set up all along 46th and they don't allow you to stand on the sidewalk so there's very little room for the hundreds of people to stand. Today's matinee lottery should be awful.

Lin is calling his little interview session "The Ham4aHam Show" and yesterday's guests were Daveed and Christopher Jackson. Lin wanted to give Daveed the chance to finally win the rap battle he loses every night so they switched roles with Lin playing Jefferson and Daveed playing Hamilton.

The one exciting thing that happened for me last night was that I won! I was honestly shocked because I have the worst luck ever. Someone asked about the legroom in the front row and I thought it was great. I'm fairly tall and had to issue with crossing my legs. The one con I can see is that shorter people may not have the best view since the stage is a little high. I sat front row at the Public and thought the Broadway view was better.

I guess they stopped holding the second ticket at the box office but when they give you the wristband the girl said your second person has to sit with you. Not that I would know where else the person would sit.

In terms of merchandise, someone did post the picture from Lin's Twitter. Basically the merch runs the gamut. There were unisex and ladies t-shirts ($35), a hoodie ($70), two baseball hats (a cheap looking logo one for $25 and the nice A.HAM for $30) and all the other small crap like dog tags, coffee mugs, buttons, etc etc etc. 

There was a sign up for the cast recording which will be double disc and it listed the estimated ship date as 10/9/15. Although I'm assuming it will have to be released in September prior to the Grammys cut-off date.

GreasedLightning
#66HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 12:41pm

Thanks for all the info, Clyde! And congrats on winning last night HAMILTON Broadway Lottery 

smidge
#67HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 12:47pm

Today's lottery wasn't too bad as long as you didn't mind being squeezed in a crowd for 5 minutes. Lin did his Q & A with the answers sung to Les Miz tunes. Didn't win but still have my $25 Wild Party ticket for 2:00

SamHoffman523
#68HAMILTON Broadway Lottery
Posted: 7/18/15 at 1:00pm

"Today's lottery wasn't too bad as long as you didn't mind being squeezed in a crowd for 5 minutes. Lin did his Q & A with the answers sung to Les Miz tunes. Didn't win but still have my $25 Wild Party ticket for 2:00
 "

Please tell me there are recordings of this every day.

Videos