Next WICKED Cast

mailhandler777
#100Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 2/29/16 at 2:16pm

Call_me_jorge said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/topic/WICKED

dawn will be reuniting with Rachel post the last ship. I also wonder if Christine Dwyer will be staying or if they'll announce a replacement for her later. Also I wonder if Christine is making more than normal for a standby since she's already been the lead."

Christine was finishing out Emily Kochs contract. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#101Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/19/16 at 11:30pm

Christine, yet again, filled in for both Alyssa and Rachel today. https://instagram.com/p/BDJ7KdChVtS/

Christine is such an amazing and professional actress, but why couldn't they have put the understudy on? Isn't that the job of the understudy? If both the standby and lead are out? Also is Christine like the emergency cover? Does she get paid to do this? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#102Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/20/16 at 12:40am

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#103Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/20/16 at 12:42am

Hannah was definitely on for the matinee.

Call_me_jorge
#104Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/14/16 at 1:30pm

Sheryl Lee Ralph is the next madam morrible! Is there any word on a replacement for Carrie?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#105Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/14/16 at 1:37pm

I don't know about Carrie replacement but whoa - Jorge revived an old post instead of writing a new one. :)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Call_me_jorge
#106Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 3:19pm

Any idea on who carries replacement is or when they'll announce it? 

wicked4l
#107Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 3:42pm

Kara Lindsay is going back.

neonlightsxo
#108Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 3:44pm

Really? Oh. Too bad.

Call_me_jorge
#109Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 4:00pm

wicked4l said: "Kara Lindsay is going back.

"

I love kara, but really? Amanda and Ginna both seem ready to take on the role. Better yet, maybe a nonrecycled actress. 

mailhandler777
#110Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 4:47pm

Call_me_jorge said: "wicked4l said: "Kara Lindsay is going back.

"

I love kara, but really? Amanda and Ginna both seem ready to take on the role. Better yet, maybe a nonrecycled actress. 

"

Amanda is already on the tour for one thing. Plus she is a recycle. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Broadwaybeauty2
#111Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/26/16 at 5:06pm

Oh, yes please.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#112Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/27/16 at 6:36pm

Carrie is currently live on the Wicked Facebook page and it sounds like they're about to announce the next Glinda on it...

BroadwayConcierge
#113Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/27/16 at 6:39pm

Per the Facebook livestream, Kara Lindsay is indeed returning to Wicked as Glinda.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#114Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/27/16 at 10:27pm

She made a comment about "April", so I'm assuming she only has a 5-6 month contract. If my math is correct, if she stayed through all of April, that would have her leaving at Jenny and Michael's 9-month mark (they started at the beginning of August), so would it be likely that all three would leave at the same time?

neonlightsxo
#115Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 10/28/16 at 9:21am

Seems right- they probably have three new leads coming in then in May.

Call_me_jorge
#116Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/7/17 at 6:09pm

Back in when Kara took over in November, she said she was leaving in April. Are there any ideas if this is still the case and whether other cast members are supposed to leave?

edit: April

Updated On: 3/7/17 at 06:09 PM

mint
#117Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:47am

Hi all, I'm planning to watch Wicked next month, specifically on 25 April which is a week day, will I get to see the main cast, in particular Elphaba, Glinda and Friyero?

Thank you! 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#118Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/8/17 at 7:49pm

You never know but from my experience, if you're seeing a matinee, I would be shocked if you didn't have an understudy for either Elphaba or Glinda.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#119Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:16pm

Because Elphaba and Glinda are vocally demanding roles, and weekday matinees are usually the lowest-attended, my guess is that if one of the leading ladies is going to call out or have a scheduled show off, that's when it would be. Fiyeros, on the other hand, tend to miss rarely, only calling out when sick or on vacation, so you're likely to see the principal Fiyero at the vast majority of shows. Enjoy the show :)

mint
#120Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/9/17 at 7:00am

bwayrose7 said: "Because Elphaba and Glinda are vocally demanding roles, and weekday matinees are usually the lowest-attended, my guess is that if one of the leading ladies is going to call out or have a scheduled show off, that's when it would be. Fiyeros, on the other hand, tend to miss rarely, only calling out when sick or on vacation, so you're likely to see the principal Fiyero at the vast majority of shows. Enjoy the show :)

Thank you for the reply! I have watched Wicked 7 times in my home country Singapore and West End. I'm really excited for my trip to NY next month. :)

I heard that there will cast change in April, I really hope to see Jenny as Elphaba. 

mint
#121Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/9/17 at 8:07am

n2nbaby said: "You never know but from my experience, if you're seeing a matinee, I would be shocked if you didn't have an understudy for either Elphaba or Glinda."

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I agree generally matinee will be the understudy, the weekday night show which I caught in West End was a Elphaba standby though. I just hope I can see Jenny as Elphaba!

neonlightsxo
#122Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 3/9/17 at 8:42am

If you miss Jenny for whatever reason, Alyssa Fox is phenomenal. One of the best Elphabas I've seen.

BroadwayConcierge
#123Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 4/14/17 at 5:18pm

Any word yet on who's headed into the Gershwin next? Any chance of Jessica Vosk transferring from the tour?

killerqueen
#124Next WICKED Cast
Posted: 4/14/17 at 5:47pm

Current rumours suggest that Kara has extended to Saturday 29 July (there's no Sunday show that weekend). Jenny DiNoia started her current run on 1 August last year, so it's speculated that she has a year contract and she and Kara will likely leave on the same night.

I'd be surprised if Jessica Vosk was a direct transfer. She's currently contracted to the tour through the end of the Philadelphia run which ends in late August (also a year contract). I honestly think she'll be Elphaba on Broadway at some point, but I'd be very surprised if she immediately takes over from Jenny.

My guess for the next Elphaba is a return for Emily Koch. She went from tour standby, to Broadway standby, to tour lead in the space of around 10 months in 2015, so you have to imagine that she has big fans behind the scenes! She'll have been out of the show for around a year by that point and will have had plenty of time to vocally rest and recover from her tour run. Either Emily or a promotion for Alyssa Fox, because she'd also really deserve it! :)

Since Wicked seems to have an aversion to casting new lead Glinda's for the Broadway company (it's seriously only been Jenni Barber since JLT) I'd guess that they might reunite Emily and Amanda Jane Cooper. I wouldn't be that excited to see Amanda, but nevertheless she's a good Glinda and had good chemistry with Emily. I'd love to see Tiffany Haas finally get the lead - she did some press events for the show earlier this year, so it seems like she's still "in" with the show. To be honest, it's hard to see who else they would have unless they cast a new face. It seems like the stalwarts of old like Alli Mauzey, Chandra Lee Schwartz and Katie Rose Clarke have all moved on for good.  Ginna Claire Mason has recently taken over on the tour, and current standby Libby Servais has only just returned after being the standby in the California companies several years ago. There was some speculation that Jeanna De Waal was going to reprise her tour role back when Carrie was known to be leaving, but I think that was just internet gossip.

Updated On: 4/14/17 at 05:47 PM