pixeltracker

Official "Color Purple" Revival Thread.- Page 3

Official "Color Purple" Revival Thread.

Broadwaystar2
#50The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:14am

wicked1492 said: "Has any sort of "Box Office Opening" deal or promo been announced for when B.O. opens in October?

"

Nothing that I've heard yet.

NYCblurb
#51The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 12:16am

FUNNY DUMB PERSON

A lover of theater for decades. Teacher by day. Family man by night. See more theater than most, oftentimes a hesitant plus one.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#52The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 10:46am

"Has any sort of "Box Office Opening" deal or promo been announced for when B.O. opens in October?"

Any kind of significant discount seems doubtful; taking a cursory glance at Telecharge, it appears to be selling rather well. I was hoping to grab a pair of seats in the back of the rear mezz for the second weekend of previews and only singles against the wall remained for the lowest price point. 

Updated On: 9/24/15 at 10:46 AM

Broadwaystar2
#53The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 2:32pm

Cupid Boy2 said: ""Has any sort of "Box Office Opening" deal or promo been announced for when B.O. opens in October?"

Yes the show is selling extremely well already.

Any kind of significant discount seems doubtful; taking a cursory glance at Telecharge, it appears to be selling rather well. I was hoping to grab a pair of seats in the back of the rear mezz for the second weekend of previews and only singles against the wall remained for the lowest price point. 

"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#54The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 3:11pm

I'm sorry to hear the Africa bits were cut. "African Homeland" was one of my favorite numbers in the show.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#55The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 3:18pm

^ Agreed. I was a huge fan of much of the original Broadway production. The first 20 minutes of that show and the Africa sequence in particular were as thrilling as anything I've seen on Broadway in this century. Sorry to hear we'll have to sit through the drudgery of most of Act II without that opening burst of glory.

That said, the preview clips from the Menier production look terrific. Can't wait.

Broadwaystar2
#56The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/24/15 at 3:24pm

Someone in a Tree2 said: "^ Agreed. I was a huge fan of much of the original Broadway production. The first 20 minutes of that show and the Africa sequence in particular were as thrilling as anything I've seen on Broadway in this century. Sorry to hear we'll have to sit through the drudgery of most of Act II without that opening burst of glory.

I think with little less dancing than the original production. Not sure how exciting the scene would be anyway. But I have faith that John Doyle has figured something out. And the fact this is being approached as more of a play with music. It might make more since that it's this way. I'm excited to see how it all fits no matter what. 

That said, the preview clips from the Menier production look terrific. Can't wait.

"

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#57The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/4/15 at 9:41pm

First preview is less than a week away!! Anyone going anytime soon? I got tickets for the first preview today. 

Broadwaystar2
#58The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/5/15 at 8:07am

I'll be there first preview as well. I love to see the beginning and final product of a show. 

cannison101
#59The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/5/15 at 11:57pm

Any word on a rush policy? 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#60The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 12:26am

Rush Tickets: $35.00 - Available at the Box Office only on the day of the performance - Limit 2 tickets per customer - May be partial view - Subject to availability.

https://www.telecharge.com/offerslist.aspx?productid=10788

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#61The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/6/15 at 6:13pm

I hear a lot of people talking about Jennifer Hudson and an EGOT, but she doesn't have the Emmy either so I'm not sure why?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#62The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/7/15 at 12:43pm

I will also be there on Tuesday.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

sadephram
#63The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 7:53am

Does anyone have a discount code for this? I know it's supposed to be selling well, but I'm surprised none have popped up by now... Thanks!

Broadwaystar2
#64The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:38pm

sadephram said: "Does anyone have a discount code for this? I know it's supposed to be selling well, but I'm surprised none have popped up by now... Thanks!

"

There is a rush policy. No discounts. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Broadways-THE-COLOR-PURPLE-Sets-Rush-Policy-Previews-Start-Tomorrow-20151109

photopab Profile Photo
photopab
#65The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:46pm

I must say I just learned about this revival yesterday and with JHud in it, it's quickly becoming the show I'm most interested in seeing. Loved the original production and I'm sure this one is just as beautiful. 

- pab

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#66The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:57pm

I've never done rush tickets before but I am tempted to do it for this particular show. How early does one have to show up at the box office on the day of the performance to obtain a rush ticket? 

Broadwaystar2
#67The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 2:26pm

CarlosAlberto said: "I've never done rush tickets before but I am tempted to do it for this particular show. How early does one have to show up at the box office on the day of the performance to obtain a rush ticket? 

"Generally if you're there about 8 am you can almost garauntee a ticket. It's easier if you go on a 2 show day. Double the availability.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#68The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 3:32pm

Thank you! I appreciate it!